Jordan Shipley #8 WR

What's your take on Jordan Shipley I think he's going to be an awesome slot receiver in the Wes Welker mold.

Projected to go in the 3-4 round a game changer with the hands and speed. How about 30 yard slants instead of 3 yard curls.

I.E J Reed. Would sure look great in Bills uniform!

:doh:

RECEPTIONS YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

116 1,485 13 in 2009

CAREER STATS

RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS

248 3,191 33

What's your take on Jordan Shipley I think he's going to be an awesome slot receiver in the Wes Welker mold.

Projected to go in the 3-4 round a game changer with the hands and speed. How about 30 yard slants instead of 3 yard curls.

I.E J Reed. Would sure look great in Bills uniform!

:devil:

RECEPTIONS YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

116 1,485 13 in 2009

CAREER STATS

RECEPTIONS YDS TOUCHDOWNS

248 3,191 33

When is he projected to come off the board, 2nd-3rd, right?

As an OU Fan I will honestly say he is the best Texas has had in years. The guy is an explosive playmaker every time he touches the ball. Not as quick as Wes Welker but sure as hell plays like him on the field.

Would love him in a Bills Uni

Nah Shipley has never ran a 4.28 40 :devil: Beebe was faster straightline but I really like the way Shipley moves in all his routes.

There are players who have track speed and there are players who play fast on the football field. Shipley falls in the latter category. He knows how to run routes and he has great instincts in adjusting his routes to get open. As another person stated he has great hands. No matter what his measurables are (they are good) he is a tremendously productive player, a Nix type of player. However, the Bills have so many needs I'm not sure we will take him in the third round, where he will probably come off the board.

There are players who have track speed and there are players who play fast on the football field. Shipley falls in the latter category. He knows how to run routes and he has great instincts in adjusting his routes to get open. As another person stated he has great hands. No matter what his measurables are (they are good) he is a tremendously productive player, a Nix type of player. However, the Bills have so many needs I'm not sure we will take him in the third round, where he will probably come off the board.
Good call but if we did grab him in 3 or 4 round I don't think anyone would be upset.

Getter done Buddy :devil:

Give me Danario Alexander in Rd 6-7. Biggest Robbery in college football that he didn't win the Biletnikoff Award.

I can't see Alexander lasting to the 6th or 7th round of the draft. The guy has size, speed, and seems to try to get to the ball at its highest point. He's also rather shifty for a guy 6'5". He would have to work on his route running a bit as he didn't seem to make very crisp cuts, but he still reminds me of Marques Colston with more speed.

Link

Jordan Shipley

WR, Texas

Height: 5-11 Weight: 193

40-yard dash: 4.64 10-yard dash: 1.61

20-yard shuttle: 60-yard shuttle:

Broad jump: 9-8 225-lb. bench: 16

3-cone drill: Vertical jump: 36

Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.66

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is quick and agile, able to change directions and avoid would-be tacklers. Moves well in tight quarters, finding the crease and then showing a deceptive burst to get through it. Shows good strength and balance after the catch. Consistently runs through arm tackles. Shows outstanding hands, concentration and body control to make tough catches. Shows deceptive quickness out of cuts to separate on short routes. Consistently finds the open spot vs. zone coverage. Is fearless catching passes in traffic -- does not peek at defense, absorbs the hard hit and holds the ball.

Weaknesses: Shows more quickness than pure speed, and lacks the explosiveness to separate downfield or leave a press cornerback in the dust. Has a bad habit of body-catching passes, which could be a problem if matched with a rocket-armed QB or facing a tough DB who perfectly times hits. Is a durability concern after missing the '04 and '05 seasons with various leg injuries. Had shoulder surgery in the summer of '09.

Bottom line: Despite lacking explosiveness and elite speed, Shipley is a dangerous runner and has a remarkable ability to make big plays in key situations as a receiver and returner. Shipley will not be a high pick because he is not an explosive athlete and is a durability risk. He projects as a good slot receiver and punt and kick returner.

Nawrocki has him going at the end of the third round; http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

Link

Danario Alexander

WR, Missouri

Height: 6-4 Weight: 215

40-yard dash: 4.59

War Room analysis

Strengths: Is big and strong, a good runner after the catch despite lack of explosiveness. Is a smooth and fluid athlete. Shows no fear catching passes in traffic -- will go up and catch high pass without hesitation, absorb hard hit and hold onto the ball. Shows the hands, body control and concentration to catch off-target passes. Turns downfield quickly after the catch, and runs aggressively. Will drag defenders for extra yardage. Is a long strider who shows deceptive speed once at full throttle.

Weaknesses: Lacks the quickness and elite speed to separate from NFL defenders to make big plays. Does not explode or burst off the snap, and lacks the acceleration to close cushion on cornerbacks in "off" coverage. Tends to round off routes. Is a durability risk after missing a lot of time with wrist and knee injuries.

Bottom line: Alexander came into his own during senior season, going from non-prospect to likely mid-round pick. He is somewhat of a wide receiver/tight end 'tweener, but his hands, toughness and size give him a chance to stick as a possession receiver. For him to make it, he must run sharper routes and learn to get into his routes more quickly. If he fails at wide receiver, he should be given a chance to bulk up and move to tight end.

Nawrocki has him going in the seventh round; http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

This is the guy I like;

Chris McGaha

WR, Arizona State

Height: 6-0 Weight: 201

40-yard dash: 4.51 10-yard dash:

20-yard shuttle: 4.21 60-yard shuttle:

Broad jump: 10-2 225-lb. bench: 19

3-cone drill: Vertical jump: 40

War Room analysis

Strengths: Consistently makes big catches in key situations. Runs sharp and precise routes; does an excellent job of disguising his route until the break point, helping him turn around the cornerback. Knows how to find open spots in zone coverage. Gets his head and shoulders around quickly when coming out of cuts, enabling him to easily catch passes that get on top of him quickly. Twists and adjusts to make great catches seem routine thanks to outstanding hands and excellent body control, concentration and coordination. Plays taller than his height; is especially good at winning jump-ball battles over cornerbacks. Is a competitive and instinctive runner after the catch who fights for every last yard and is tough to bring to the ground. Is a competitive blocker who consistently knocks his man out of the play.

Weaknesses: Lacks the explosiveness and top-end playing speed to stretch the field and get separation on deep routes. Will struggle to get separation on short and intermediate routes in the NFL. Is thin and will struggle to break tackles in the NFL. Will likely struggle in the NFL to fight through jam coverage and contact during routes because he lacks size and strength.

Bottom line: McGaha has been one of Arizona State's key offensive weapons during his college career despite lacking explosiveness and great speed. McGaha will have trouble replicating his college productivity in the NFL, but he still has what it takes to be a solid pro receiver. His sharp routes, great hands and outstanding receiving skills will help him consistently make catches on short and intermediate passes, but he will not be a big-play receiver who can stretch the field and get separation deep downfield.

Nawrocki has him going at the end of round 4; http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

No, Shipley is white so he gets an exemption. It's actually an interesting dynamic...Texas players are stereotyped as being lazy, but white players are stereotyped as being "high motor".

It just doesn't fit!

True I forgot the white high motor axiom. :lol:

Russell Exleben, now there was a Longhorn with a motor that just wouldn't quit!