jets to go into the toilet

Well, we've got one team in the division licked. This team foolishly signed Santonio Holmes, Cromartie and Tomlinson after getting to the AFC Championship game. Don't they realize that the way to improve is to sit on your hands, sign an offensive lineman who is a penalty magnet that even Oakland didn't want, get rid of one of the few actual starting offensive lineman you had, sign a guy who flunked two physicals and hope you do well in the draft? I think we've got the division sewed up since Belichik and Parcells haven't really bought into the existing Bills philosophy! Super Bowl here we come!!!.. :doh:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've got one team in the division licked. This team foolishly signed Santonio Holmes, Cromartie and Tomlinson after getting to the AFC Championship game. Don't they realize that the way to improve is to sit on your hands, sign an offensive lineman who is a penalty magnet that even Oakland didn't want, get rid of one of the few actual starting offensive lineman you had, sign a guy who flunked two physicals and hope you do well in the draft? I think we've got the division sewed up since Belichik and Parcells haven't really bought into the existing Bills philosophy! Super Bowl here we come!!!.. :doh:

I'm detecting some dissatisfaction with the current front office here.

Relax the Jets are in a different stage in their franchise. Remember they sucked for years with getting some players in the trenches etc..They feel they have the talent to make an SB run and are putting the final pieces in place. We are far away from that so I guess we need to be patient and not become insane in the interm.

This post is a thing of beauty. :thumbsup:

Signed,

Daniel Snyder

PTR

Well, we've got one team in the division licked. This team foolishly signed Santonio Holmes, Cromartie and Tomlinson after getting to the AFC Championship game. Don't they realize that the way to improve is to sit on your hands, sign an offensive lineman who is a penalty magnet that even Oakland didn't want, get rid of one of the few actual starting offensive lineman you had, sign a guy who flunked two physicals and hope you do well in the draft? I think we've got the division sewed up since Belichik and Parcells haven't really bought into the existing Bills philosophy! Super Bowl here we come!!!.. :thumbsup:

Boy, such sarcasm. We just signed Rodney Ferguson FA RB....... :doh:

not really...more like woody johnson, mike tannebaum and coach Ryan...but what do they know..they only made it to the AFC championship game.

What do they know? Obviously they don't know that you can't build a team from big names on the downside of their career. But maybe they have it figured out this time.

PTR

not really...more like woody johnson, mike tannebaum and coach Ryan...but what do they know..they only made it to the AFC championship game.

And....?

Who cares? The be all/end all goal of this football team should not be to make it to the conference championship game. I understand we haven't been to the playoffs this millennium, and a trip to the championship game would be a good thing, but to say that we should be like the Jets because they attained such a status is ridiculous, IMO.

This is the same as saying the Jets were good last year becuase they drafted Sanchez, ignoring the previous drafts of linemen. There is a big difference between a team that goes far into the playoffs trying to fill their last few holes with vets and a team that is full of holes trying to rebuild from the ground up.

Wait, I know this one. Lemme see.........Randy Quaid in "Major League", right?

And if Cincy and Indy had played those last two games to win Woody Johnson, Mike Tannebaum, and Rex Ryan wouldn't look like such geniuses would they?

What do they know? Obviously they don't know that you can't build a team from big names on the downside of their career. But maybe they have it figured out this time.

PTR

But they didn't build their team that way. They built their team primarily through smart drafting and acquiring a few key free agents like Scott and Faneca and presto, they're a good team.

Now, they need to fill in the cracks -- replace their #2 RB with a cheaper vet, upgrade their #2 CB, and improve their weakest position (WR) with a talented player.

Face it, the Bills and Jets have completely reversed roles from 20 years ago. They are now the team that drafts well and makes smart FA acquisitions.

Relax the Jets are in a different stage in their franchise. Remember they sucked for years with getting some players in the trenches etc..They feel they have the talent to make an SB run and are putting the final pieces in place. We are far away from that so I guess we need to be patient and not become insane in the interm.

The Jets will be overrated going into the season...they will be pretty good, but I think Sanchez will recess slightly and have a sophmore jinx! The Jest are pretty decent because of their drafting, but the Redskins have already proved that signing a lot of high priced FA's usually don't work out. I think the Jets will win 9 games and miss the playoffs.

The Jets did it right, they built the O-Line first. Then they got the skill players.

Now they have the best CB in the league, added another good one, got one of the better WR's in the game.

Say what you want about coach Ryan but he has those guys in the locker room believing that they can beat anybody. And Sanchez is going to get better and time goes on.

To me they are the team to beat in the AFC. and I like how they did it.

All you football geniuses forget something pretty important: The Jets don't have to beg people to play in New York City. To say the Bills are asleep at the wheel ignores all the attempts of bringing in name coaches and free agents. Did we all forget McNabb already?

The Bills have little choice but to build through the draft. We don't have $500M to overpay free agents just to get them to play here.

PTR

And if Cincy and Indy had played those last two games to win Woody Johnson, Mike Tannebaum, and Rex Ryan wouldn't look like such geniuses would they?

And if the Bills had won the New England game and two or three more Dick Jauron would still be coach...

And if John McCain had gotten a bundle of states to go his way he would be president.

And if Tiger Woods had kept it in his pants he'd be wearing a green jacket today...