Rapelisberger could still be suspended

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the first time, most people gave him the benefit of the doubt, but now that it's happened again, people know something is wrong with this guy. Granted, there was supposedly "not enough evidence" to press charges, but celebrities can buy their way out of trouble. If he gets suspended, good for him, he needs to stop putting himself in those positions, quit embarrassing the Steelers and the NFL.

Conduct detrimental to the shield I believe is the reason they can.

Link 1

bingo, we have a winner.

In the NFL, you DO NOT NEED TO BE CHARGED, MUCH LESS CONVICTED for the ayatollah, er, commissioner to suspend you, if he feels that your conduct has been a detriment to the league he may choose to suspend a player for any reasonable duration.

Might as well wait until he rapes a 3rd "crazy woman" before doing anything. :unsure:

"Rapes"? Which one's are those now? Maybe you have some information that no one else has, doc?

If so, spill it. If not, then you've got to, for your own mental health, move on from your bitter betrayal by Mr. Lynch. Reality has to set in at some point....

"Rapes"? Which one's are those now? Maybe you have some information that no one else has, doc?

If so, spill it. If not, then you've got to, for your own mental health, move on from your bitter betrayal by Mr. Lynch. Reality has to set in at some point....

You're better at the wild-assed theories doc. Remember how Lynch had to have been boozing-it up "in the bathroom" because no one saw him drinking that fateful night, unlike the countless other times he was caught bringing-in his own hooch?

But actually in this case, you don't have to go too far, seeing as how a tape the cops (who had pictures taken with Big Ben) were reviewing until they suddenly and wholly unexpectedly got called away, curiously went missing. Or how he ("read between the lines" of the accuser's words, if not the DA's, doc) paid off the accuser, who doesn't want a trial because it will only drag things out and not because he's innocent.

You're nothing if not (foolishly) consistent, doc. I could have written your reply for you. I guess I should call Lynch's victim a drunk crazy chick from now on.

Suspended for what? Being accused of a crime that there is no not enough evidence to convince a 12-member jury beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed?? :unsure:

Fixed that for you.

Why are people so quick to assume an athelete is guilty? is it because they have money or are famous? I just don't get it. Getting investigated or arrested doesn't mean you are guilty. There is still due process. The same people who thought Big Ben guility in the first place before an investigation is done are usually the first to say that Big Ben's money/fame got him off the hook. It is a very ignorant attitude if you ask me.

Why are people so quick to assume an athelete is guilty? is it because they have money or are famous? I just don't get it. Getting investigated or arrested doesn't mean you are guilty. There is still due process. The same people who thought Big Ben guility in the first place before an investigation is done are usually the first to say that Big Ben's money/fame got him off the hook. It is a very ignorant attitude if you ask me.

Once is possibly a bogus charge. Twice is more likely a trend. Especially given the rarity of sexual misconduct charges against NFL players as a group.

Big Ben may truly be innocent. But as an NFL player, and especially as a QB and star, he's held to a higher standard. After the first incident, he should have learned to not put himself in these types of situations. After the 2nd, he needs to be suspended. And that's what Goodell should do, if he wants to have the look of impartiality. But most likely, he'll just have the sit down and let it pass. Watch and see.

After the first time, most people gave him the benefit of the doubt, but now that it's happened again, people know something is wrong with this guy. Granted, there was supposedly "not enough evidence" to press charges, but celebrities can buy their way out of trouble. If he gets suspended, good for him, he needs to stop putting himself in those positions, quit embarrassing the Steelers and the NFL.

he bought off the victim with an undisclosed settlement

without her testimony, there was no way to get a conviction

hard to believe people still defend this guy