Marginal Fans Upset with Drew's Success

JohninMinn.

Jesus. We won another game. That's 5 out of 7. Let's put the QB controversy to bed for awhile please. It's Miami week. This team is coming together. If the Bills just play it one game at a time, they could end up 10-6 and in the playoffs. Losman in as the starter is for the offseason. This season could have one heck of a finish.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus. We won another game. That's 5 out of 7.  Let's put the QB controversy to bed for awhile please. It's Miami week. This team is coming together. If the Bills just play it one game at a time, they could end up 10-6 and in the playoffs. Losman in as the starter is for the offseason. This season could have one heck of a finish.

136989[/snapback]

You could offer the first olive branch by changing your avatar.... :blush:

All that has happened is we pushed any shot at a superbowl another game away. Each game JP sits is another game next year or the year after he must play to develop.

We will never win a superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

136813[/snapback]

The funniest thing is watching the I hate Bledsoe quotes shift from he will never win another game after his stinker in NE, to Bledsoe will never win on the road after we won going away against St. L, to Bledsoe will never win an SB after we won going away on the road with the QB throwing 3 INTs.

If we win next week will he be accused of not being able to walk on water?

Bledsoe needs to play the role on this team of a hyper Trent Dilfer which is hand the ball to WN, let the D do its job, let the ST be a positive force and oh yeah did I say hand the ball off to WM.

Bledsoe has clear and obvious limitations. The key here is to do what Parcells did and what BB did when their teams won games with DB playing a central role. Good things can happen if folks are not psychotically addicted to finding the next Jim Kelly.

I'm sick of Bledsoe's inaccuracy, but I'm not in a hurry to see JP behind center when it counts either.  I think the Bills aren't exactly thrilled with his progress.

136738[/snapback]

I don't know any Bills fans who aren't sick of the inaccuracy and judgment that led to three INTs today, but the truly great sign is that we won going away despite these turnovers. I agree with you that JP is not ready to start yet and I do not expect him to be unitl next year. The key question for good football minds like yours is how do the Bills win with Bledsoe at QB since contractually he will be here this year (and maybe even next) and JP isn't ready.

Today was joyous day because it provided a real world example of us winning against a divison leading team on the road.

It matters little what we're sick of when reality ain't gonna change but it matters more thinking through how to maximize our situation with the reality being what it is.

if the bills did make the playoffs, and they managed to beat out all the afc teams which is next to impossible in my opinion. i think in my mind theres no way the bills would lose to any team in the NFC in a superbowl matchup. those teams being eagles, packers, minn.

I think the falcons stink, one of those ridiculously lucky teams that need to play a good defense to show them how bad they really are.

Three interceptions are never good but when putting them into context, Bledsoe moved the team all game. Bledsoe made some bad decisions by forcing the ball into double coverage. Statistically Bledsoe didn't fare so well with the picks but the end result was a dominating win. In fact, I don't think the Bills had a single four and out. Not having a four and out is rare for most teams especially the Bills and a genuine sign that what was a feeble offense is now getting better. Without those three interceptions the Bills might have had 47 points (with three field goals) or more. And it was a convincing road victory, the first and only of the season. Fear not, J.P. is learning and he will have his day. There is no reason to force Losman into action.

Actually, I've read a TON of posts from people (maybe the same people posting over and over and over again?) saying that they want us to lose because "that's the only way JPL will get to play this year!"

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

CW

136735[/snapback]

Yes!

And despite what they say, they never were Bills fans to begin with.

I never hope for my team to lose. But when they keep making stupid mistakes they greatly increase their chances to do so.

They are sad, sad people who should seek professional help!

:blush:

Defense

Special Teams

Innovative play calling

Why couldn't Bledsoe win a Super Bowl? Dilfer did it. If somehow Buffalo got there, even this year (yeah, it's the meds) and played a team with a less than stellar defense but a lot of offense (Philly?) it could be a better game than you think. The Ravens won a SuperBowl with less of a passing attack than the Bills have now. That's why they play the game. I'm not on either the Bledsoe OR the Losman band wagon, but playing within their means seems to work pretty well. Seattle was flat on their hind end yesterday, but the Rams usually aren't offensive slouches. The Bills seem to be figuring something out as a team.

i think in my mind theres no way the bills would lose to any team in the NFC in a superbowl matchup. those teams being eagles, packers, minn.

I think the falcons stink, one of those ridiculously lucky teams that need to play a good defense to show them how bad they really are.

137076[/snapback]

That pretty much matched my feelings in 1990 and 1991.

Defense

Special Teams

Innovative play calling

Why couldn't Bledsoe win a Super Bowl? Dilfer did it. If somehow Buffalo got there, even this year (yeah, it's the meds) and played a team with a less than stellar defense but a lot of offense (Philly?) it could be a better game than you think. The Ravens won a SuperBowl with less of a passing attack than the Bills have now. That's why they play the game. I'm not on either the Bledsoe OR the Losman band wagon, but playing within their means seems to work pretty well. Seattle was flat on their hind end yesterday, but the Rams usually aren't offensive slouches. The Bills seem to be figuring something out as a team.

137134[/snapback]

Read the words: ICE guarantees that Bledsoe will not lead the team to a Super Bowl victory. If that is your recipe for a Lombardi Trophy, then the ICE-man will be right. That's the beauty of his words. Remember, yesterday we won by "putting the ball in McGahee's hands, not Bledsoe's." So Bledsoe would have to have a 57/57, 600 yard, 8 TD performance in the Super Bowl for ICE to consider him the "leader."

Read the words: ICE guarantees that Bledsoe will not lead the team to a Super Bowl victory.  If that is your recipe for a Lombardi Trophy, then the ICE-man will be right.  That's the beauty of his words.  Remember, yesterday we won by "putting the ball in McGahee's hands, not Bledsoe's."  So Bledsoe would have to have a 57/57, 600 yard, 8 TD performance in the Super Bowl for ICE to consider him the "leader."

137549[/snapback]

TIMMA! Would give the game ball to WM.

...and you'd rather split the Bills fathful into camps and have them argue with each other.  There's no one here that doesn't want this team 10-6.  People who wanted JP are not "marginal" fans.  They are people who honestly think it would be our best chance to win in '05.  90% of the people here want the Bills to win a Super Bowl as soon as possible.  Why does this board constantly ignore that fact?

136663[/snapback]

A marginal fan believes college hype and thinks the new guy with no experience or even 1 yr of experience will lead to the Super Bowl. A marginal fan does'nt know about the Ryan Leaf's, Heath Schuler Rick Meirer's etc..... Not Saying JP is in that category but you have to give a rookie at least two years before he can be effective. Look at Eli's performance yesterday.

All that has happened is we pushed any shot at a superbowl another game away. Each game JP sits is another game next year or the year after he must play to develop.

We will never win a superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

136813[/snapback]

This may just sound like crazy talk but here it is all the same: maybe, just maybe we ought to let Mularkey decide who is the best QB for this team on the wacky theory that having observed both Drew and JP up close in practice and endless film sessions he just might theoretically know better than we do who should start and when.

This may just sound like crazy talk but here it is all the same:  maybe, just maybe we ought to let Mularkey decide who is the best QB for this team on the wacky theory that having observed both Drew and JP up close in practice and endless film sessions he just might theoretically know better than we do who should start and when.

137674[/snapback]

Bingo! We have Bingo!

This may just sound like crazy talk but here it is all the same:  maybe, just maybe we ought to let Mularkey decide who is the best QB for this team on the wacky theory that having observed both Drew and JP up close in practice and endless film sessions he just might theoretically know better than we do who should start and when.

137674[/snapback]

Absolutely not!!!!! How can MM properly make decisions for the team in that fashion? Ask ice, by sitting in a bar in Tulsa, he is able to see that JP needs to get in now or all winning seasons for the Bills will be postponed for each missed start.

You hit it right on the head! MM and the coaching staff see JP every day, they know what he is capable of and they have a pretty good idea what his knowledge of the game is when he is in the team meetings and film sessions. You have to trust the coaches on this one. JP will get plenty of time under center when he is ready, have a little patience and let the coaches evaluate the talent.

Absolutely not!!!!! How can MM properly make decisions for the team in that fashion? Ask ice, by sitting in a bar in Tulsa, he is able to see that JP needs to get in now or all winning seasons for the Bills will be postponed for each missed start.

137702[/snapback]

I still don't get why ICE is watching the games in a bar in Tulsa when he can be watching them at home using his satellite dish with the free Buffalo feed...?

I am just wondering how wanting JP in there to get some experience which will benefit him in the future makes me a marginal fan...

137718[/snapback]

A marginal fan believes college hype and thinks the new guy with no experience or even 1 yr of experience will lead to the Super Bowl. A marginal fan does'nt know about the Ryan Leaf's, Heath Schuler Rick Meirer's etc..... Not Saying JP is in that category but you have to give a rookie at least two years before he can be effective. Look at Eli's performance yesterday.