• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All those hoping for rookie training will have too wait a little longer. :doh:

136650[/snapback]

Not sure what the smile is for. Good game? Sure I'll smile to that. Drew taking us to the SB? dont hold your breath. If your a fan who has waited this long for the SB win and just watched us throw 3 INT's your not too happy about our prospects for the playoffs or more.

Fun game, fun to watch, but so was Cleveland vs. Cincinatti!

All those hoping for rookie training will have too wait a little longer. :doh:

136650[/snapback]

...and you'd rather split the Bills fathful into camps and have them argue with each other. There's no one here that doesn't want this team 10-6. People who wanted JP are not "marginal" fans. They are people who honestly think it would be our best chance to win in '05. 90% of the people here want the Bills to win a Super Bowl as soon as possible. Why does this board constantly ignore that fact?

All those hoping for rookie training will have to wait a little longer. :doh:

136650[/snapback]

Not at all. For all those who have hung their hat on the thought that the ONLY way for a rookie to get better is to play, well guess what? JP played today. I think he also had some good learning experiences in his limited appearance today as:

1. He got some of the learning mistakes out of the way when he nmismanaged the clock and got a delay of game as soon as he came in.

2. He showed nice mobility in rolling out to throw the ball to Euhus with nice touch on his one pass play.

3. He handed the ball off to WM which is going to be a key to playing whether you are DB or JP.

4. He got another chance to lead men in the huddle and to see enemy defenses over Trey Teague's back.

Playing is the ONLY way to learn important parts of the game, but starting is NOT the only way to play. JP needs some work (as shown by his college highlights, as shown by the delay of game today and as shown by him being thrown to the wolves in the game against NE- the amusing part of TSW is reading folks who claimed that playing is the ONLY way to learn now complain that he didn't get the necessary preparation before he played).

Today was a great day for those who love JP, because he got to see up close and personal how you put 38 points on the board even when you throw 3 INTs and he got to play because we were blowing them out on the road. Everyone who roots for the Bills should be happy!

There's no one here that doesn't want this team 10-6.

Actually, I've read a TON of posts from people (maybe the same people posting over and over and over again?) saying that they want us to lose because "that's the only way JPL will get to play this year!"

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

CW

Actually, I've read a TON of posts from people (maybe the same people posting over and over and over again?) saying that they want us to lose because "that's the only way JPL will get to play this year!"

CW

136735[/snapback]

They wanted us to lose because they didn't think we'd get to 10-6, not because they didn't want us to get there IMO. All I'm saying is that whatever the reasoning, the fans all want this team in a SB as soon as possible.

God, I hate the expression "marginal fan' There's nothing wrong with criticizing the home team, what matters is if your watch the damn games or not. If you paid attention during the playoff run then switched to the Rams during the down years, you're a marginal fan. Finding a damn Bills Board makes you a pretty serious fan.

CW

136735[/snapback]

How many geniuses predicted that Bledsoe would suck, the Bills would lose and finally, "we can let the Jp era begin". Man, what a tiresome group.

All that has happened is we pushed any shot at a superbowl another game away. Each game JP sits is another game next year or the year after he must play to develop.

We will never win a superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

Not sure what the smile is for. Good game? Sure I'll smile to that. Drew taking us to the SB? dont hold your breath. If your a fan who has waited this long for the SB win and just watched us throw 3 INT's your not too happy about our prospects for the playoffs or more.

Fun game, fun to watch, but so was Cleveland vs. Cincinatti!

136655[/snapback]

Yeah, and JP is a lock. Put me down for 4 SB's with JP please. He's a lock to get us there.

Can the crusade. The rook can sit a year. Big friggin deal.

Yeah, and JP is a lock.  Put me down for 4 SB's with JP please.  He's a lock to get us there. 

Can the crusade.  The rook can sit a year.  Big friggin deal.

136827[/snapback]

Bledsoe IS a lock to NOT get us there. Wouldn't you at least like to see if the new guy can give us a chance?

maybe not, but if continues to operate the offense the way he did today(picks notwithstanding), i can certainly tolerate him under center. that's the most poise he's shown since the first half of of the 02 season. i don't think losman is capable of running an offense the way bledsoe did today (not yeat) and while there is ANY hope for this season...he'd better just watch and learn.

the whole point is not benching one guy or the other, it is getting production out of whomever is out there. bledsoe was productive today so he can keephis job for now as far as i'm concerned. i give him credit, inever thought i'd see him play that well again.

Bledsoe IS a lock to NOT get us there. Wouldn't you at least like to see if the new guy can give us a chance?

136830[/snapback]

ICE, I would love to see the JP era start tomorrow but until we are officially out of the playoffs I dont see why make the change right now since he is an unproven commodity. Yes JP needs to play to develop and good to see MM get him some playing time today and looked more comfortable than the NE game but still not ready to make the change. yes I have blasted Drew in the past and again was screaming at him for bone head plays today but with an effective running game and better protection he is making better choices and may start feeling like he can trust his OL again and act less scatter brained. Will the Bills win a SB with Drew doubt it since I still see they playoffs this year as a difficult task however getting JP some good playing time this year witha full off season with coaching staff will provide JP a good chance to start the era in 2005.

All that has happened is we pushed any shot at a superbowl another game away. Each game JP sits is another game next year or the year after he must play to develop.

We will never win a superbowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

136813[/snapback]

Yup, it was a good thing that Brady had 4 games under his belt in 2001 before the 2002 Super Bowl run.

...and it was critical that Kurt Warner got 4-5 games in during the 1998 season to prepare him for the 1999 Super Bowl run...

JP is completely healthy and yet he is still #3 on the depth chart. I don't care what you say, if he isn't developmentally far enough to unseat Shane Matthews as the #2 QB, then putting him in the game will do nothing but "Collins" him.

Yup, it was a good thing that Brady had 4 games under his belt in 2001 before the 2002 Super Bowl run.

...and it was critical that Kurt Warner got 4-5 games in during the 1998 season to prepare him for the 1999 Super Bowl run...

JP is completely healthy and yet he is still #3 on the depth chart.  I don't care what you say, if he isn't developmentally far enough to unseat Shane Matthews as the #2 QB, then putting him in the game will do nothing but "Collins" him.

136855[/snapback]

Dan you hit nail on the head, Until JP is the number 2 the coaches dont think he is ready yet. I like the way they are bringing him along and wondering if the NE game was a wake up and pay attention call to JP?

Dan you hit nail on the head, Until JP is the number 2 the coaches dont think he is ready yet.  I like the way they are bringing him along and wondering if the NE game was a wake up and pay attention call to JP?

136871[/snapback]

and no better way to show the guy that his leg is fine than to let it take a couple of hits. That's something he'd never get in practice.