Vital Importance of QB

I am by no means a Colin Cowherd fan, but he brought up a good point in recent days - how seven out of eight NFL divisions were won by the team with the best QB (and often the order of how teams finished in each division replicated the order of their quality QBs). Surely the AFC East followed the order of: Brady, Sanchez, Henne, and Edwards/Fitzpatrick.

That said, I think Buffalo needs to move up and get their QB. Bradford will be gone ... Clausen may be available, but I think we may have to trade up to get him. He is surely cocky and arrogant. But he has a big time arm and has the mind of a QB that has experience in the pro-style offense. Yes, he is originally a CA quarterback, but he played in the midwest.

That is my two cents.

I am by no means a Colin Cowherd fan, but he brought up a good point in recent days - how seven out of eight NFL divisions were won by the team with the best QB (and often the order of how teams finished in each division replicated the order of their quality QBs). Surely the AFC East followed the order of: Brady, Sanchez, Henne, and Edwards/Fitzpatrick.

That said, I think Buffalo needs to move up and get their QB. Bradford will be gone ... Clausen may be available, but I think we may have to trade up to get him. He is surely cocky and arrogant. But he has a big time arm and has the mind of a QB that has experience in the pro-style offense. Yes, he is originally a CA quarterback, but he played in the midwest.

That is my two cents.

Why do they need to trade up to get him? By all accounts he will be available at 9 now that Washington has McNabb.

Hopefully they will take a LT at 9.

Why do they need to trade up to get him? By all accounts he will be available at 9 now that Washington has McNabb.

Hopefully they will take a LT at 9.

If Clausen falls to 9, that means the top LTs will be gone. What would you want then?

That is my two cents.

Cowherd is pointing out the blatantly obvious, as usual. Claussen will be available at 9. If Nix likes him, he'll take him. It's as easy as that. I personally don't care if he's the biggest jerk on the planet ... as long as he can make a quick decision and get rid of the ball to the right person (preferably down the field).

And how come Red Sox fans never say "Red Sox are the best," or "Red Sox Rule," but only say how the Yankees (the ones that won the W.S. last year, and 26 times before that) suck? And I'm a Mets fan, just so you know. The Yankees don't suck. And neither do the Red Sox. So be happy, man! GO BILLS!

If Clausen falls to 9, that means the top LTs will be gone. What would you want then?

Look - everyone - unless the ONLY offensive tackles YOU consider "top" are Bulaga and Okung, then it is highly unlikely ALL the top OT's will be gone by pick 9.

DEFINITELY gone by pick 9 will be: Bradford, Suh, McCoy and Okung. (4)

Highly likely to be gone by pick 9 are Berry and Haden (2)

This means that there are only two more players who can be gone prior to our pick. Trent Williams, Brian Bulaga are two more OT's that most experts believe are top notch OT's. Next comes Davis and Campbell

Non OT's highly ranked include Dan Morgan, J. Pierre-Paul, R McClain, R.J. Spiller and Dez Bryant

Not to mention Jim Clausen.

IMO, The Bills will have their choice of Clausen and either Trent WIlliams or Clausen and Bryan Bulaga. The Bills STILL may select Morgan for that matter.

If it were me, I would either trade for Campbell (5th round pick) and draft Williams/Bulaga and then maybe move up for Cody or let him fall to us (possible) or draft Clausen and then trade with Baltimore for Jered Gaither. It is POSSIBLE (but unlikely) Campbell falls to us at 41.

anyway, one of the OT's will be there at pcik 9 and Clausen......argue over THAT.

If Nix likes him, he'll take him. It's as easy as that.

Very true. Nix is the man. Love the comment from him last week about hearing about the labor pains versus seeing the baby. Winning and only winning is this man's concern. What a tough son of a b*tch. He could give a sh*t about what we think. He only cares about winning. Can't wait for the draft.

Very true. Nix is the man. Love the comment from him last week about hearing about the labor pains versus seeing the baby. Winning and only winning is this man's concern. What a tough son of a b*tch. He could give a sh*t about what we think. He only cares about winning. Can't wait for the draft.

That's all it takes for you to call someone a "tough son of a b*tch"? A couple of cliches and ol' country bromides?

Mission accomplished!

Our very best source has stated that we will not take Clausen at 9. You can take it to the bank, he's not our pick.

Forgive me if I keep my money right here in my pocket. You take it to the bank or do whatever you would like. I'm keeping mine right here with me.

Look - everyone - unless the ONLY offensive tackles YOU consider "top" are Bulaga and Okung, then it is highly unlikely ALL the top OT's will be gone by pick 9.

DEFINITELY gone by pick 9 will be: Bradford, Suh, McCoy and Okung. (4)

Highly likely to be gone by pick 9 are Berry and Haden (2)

This means that there are only two more players who can be gone prior to our pick. Trent Williams, Brian Bulaga are two more OT's that most experts believe are top notch OT's. Next comes Davis and Campbell

Non OT's highly ranked include Dan Morgan, J. Pierre-Paul, R McClain, R.J. Spiller and Dez Bryant

Not to mention Jim Clausen.

IMO, The Bills will have their choice of Clausen and either Trent WIlliams or Clausen and Bryan Bulaga. The Bills STILL may select Morgan for that matter.

If it were me, I would either trade for Campbell (5th round pick) and draft Williams/Bulaga and then maybe move up for Cody or let him fall to us (possible) or draft Clausen and then trade with Baltimore for Jered Gaither. It is POSSIBLE (but unlikely) Campbell falls to us at 41.

anyway, one of the OT's will be there at pcik 9 and Clausen......argue over THAT.

As the poster said above, I don't want to rehash my reasons as I have posted them often before, but IMHO Gaither is unavailable. Which is a shame, because he's terrific, but I don't think the Ravens are letting him go, nor do I think the Bills would pay him the Jason Peters money he is going to (reasonably) demand when his contract runs out at the end of this coming season.

That is my two cents.

This is somewhat circular reasoning. Who is "best QB" is subjective and usually applied to who wins the most, hence wins the division. So if you win the division, your QB must be the best.

PTR

This is somewhat circular reasoning. Who is "best QB" is subjective and usually applied to who wins the most, hence wins the division. So if you win the division, your QB must be the best.

PTR

I disagree.

For example, I put Warner among the best three in the league last year, though the Cards finished tied for eight in the league. The Giants finished 19th, but Eli is a top ten, probably top eight QB, IMHO. Roethlisberger outplayed the Steelers by a great deal.

Romo isn't as good as the Cowboys are, IMHO. And there's a fair amount of those differences.

I disagree.

For example, I put Warner among the best three in the league last year, though the Cards finished tied for eight in the league. The Giants finished 19th, but Eli is a top ten, probably top eight QB, IMHO. Roethlisberger outplayed the Steelers by a great deal.

Romo isn't as good as the Cowboys are, IMHO. And there's a fair amount of those differences.

I say that is a subjective measure. Mostly opinion.

PTR

Our very best source has stated that we will not take Clausen at 9. You can take it to the bank, he's not our pick.

I hope so, because (not sure what CreamAles's reasons are) but his decision making is terrible. Again, nobody wants to look at his body of work prior to last season.

If we're talking QB's in the draft, Bradford seems injury prone (and we need a qb that can take a hit). I think McCoy is alot like Drew Brees. Tebow fascinates me, but not enough to gamble a season on, unless you can get him like 6th round.

We NEED OL, and I hope thats the focus for Nix in the draft.