Honestly, we are such stupid/picky Bills fans

There has been talk on this board about aquiring jason campbell and marc bulger. How can we say we dont want these QB's? NEWSFLASH: getting peyton manning in the draft is nearly impossible. Getting a QB in the draft who will be a good pro is improbable. Here are two QB's who are NFL starting caliber QB's. Bulger has been injury prone, but hes better than what we have. Campbell hasn't been a winner, but hes better than what we have. Just look at theyre career stats.

I would rather have Bulger bc hes a vet who has won more, and signing him and drafting an LT in round one could give us a chance at the playoffs next year, while we find a QB in next years draft or late in this one to develop.

Please, Bills fans, open your eyes. Our QB's are not starters. These two are. Stop being picky. Stop being stupid. Lets get one of them, and improve the position.

There has been talk on this board about aquiring jason campbell and marc bulger. How can we say we dont want these QB's? NEWSFLASH: getting peyton manning in the draft is nearly impossible. Getting a QB in the draft who will be a good pro is improbable. Here are two QB's who are NFL starting caliber QB's. Bulger has been injury prone, but hes better than what we have. Campbell hasn't been a winner, but hes better than what we have. Just look at theyre career stats.

I would rather have Bulger bc hes a vet who has won more, and signing him and drafting an LT in round one could give us a chance at the playoffs next year, while we find a QB in next years draft or late in this one to develop.

Please, Bills fans, open your eyes. Our QB's are not starters. These two are. Stop being picky. Stop being stupid. Lets get one of them, and improve the position.

it's funny that you say that. both guys were deemed inadequate to start for the teams they played with, and now are on the market. i have a friend who is a serious football fan of the warshington redskins, and his opinion is JC is an adequate backup at best. he feels he shows a distinct lack of leadership skills and an ongoing inability to communicate effectively with the players on his team. he cited a player or two for the skins who made light of this last season. he's watched every game jc has played in, and while the words are different, he basically says about him what you say about our guys: he's not a starter.

the answer to a problem is not necessarily in taking someone else's not-quite-good-enough-to-start guy. as for bulger, here's the problem as some see it. i assume it's one of the considerations that nix and Gailey would have:

Bulger started eight games last season, but was sidelined the last six with a fractured left shin bone, finishing the year on injured reserve. Rookie Keith Null started the last four games, and veteran Kyle Boller also made four starts.

Bulger made 95 starts for St. Louis starting in 2002 and took the starting job from Kurt Warner in 2003, leading the Rams to a 12-4 record. He went to the Pro Bowl in 2004 and 2006, throwing for more than 4,000 yards in '06, but has been plagued by injuries in recent seasons.

it's their team to run----so i figure it's up to the football guys to decide. if nix/gailey go with either of these guys, i'll be happy to pull for their success.

id give campbell a shot. do not want bulger at all. dude is washed up.

I really hope we get Campbell.

I'd be OK with Bulger only if they also draft a QB in the first 3rds to develop (McCoy, Tebow, Pike, etc).

And please God, dump Trent.

I really hope we get Campbell.

I'd be OK with Bulger only if they also draft a QB in the first 3rds to develop (McCoy, Tebow, Pike, etc).

And please God, dump Trent.

i just posted almost the exact same thing in the other thread. id like to see us pick up Campbell, draft a QB early, and keep 1 (maaaybe 2) of our current QBs heading into cam.

Let the 4 of them battle it out and see which one doesnt make the cut.

Personally, Id keep Brohm and Edwards. Fitz if "fine" but we know what we have and how high he can go. Edwards showed real promise before the concussion and I feel that if we could get him back to that, he might be ok. If nothing else, I'd be interested to see how he does against the competition of Campbell and a "blue chip" rookie. If he falls apart, then no biggie and we cut him and go into the season with Campbell, Brohm, and Rookie.

We all know that the Bills QB's played horribly last season behind a horrid O line...in a bad system...with a rookie OC...with no QB coach...with Jauron as his HC...

Before the team makes any QB changes I'd like to see the current Bills QB's have a shot at playing behind a decent O line, with an HC / offensive coordinator that knows what they are doing and in an offense that works.

We all know that the Bills QB's played horribly last season behind a horrid O line...in a bad system...with a rookie OC...with no QB coach...with Jauron as his HC...

Before the team makes any QB changes I'd like to see the current Bills QB's have a shot at playing behind a decent O line, with an HC / offensive coordinator that knows what they are doing and in an offense that works.

so the QBs played poorly

the line played poorly

and the coaches coached poorly

and you want to see the line improved, and the coaches replaced, but not the QBs?!?

why not fix the entire problem since it's all interchangeable? if the line played better, our O would have been better. JUST LIKE if the QBs played better, our O would have been better.

Hells ya. Preach on!!!!

Unless there have been some major changes to the rules, I think you can strikeout "nearly."

I acknowledge that young QBs need some "development" (coaching, experience, etc). However, these kinds of

posts make it seem like you can just take your pick of QBs in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round and just "develop" them.

The QB has to have significant talent and aptitude in order to be developed. It is just like saying, "hey, let's

take a NT in the 6th round and "develop" him - only it is probably even more unlikely to occur at QB than

most other positions.

Few QBs in any draft after the 1st round really "develop" because they lack important skills to begin with.

Sure, there are a few examples, but they are few. This draft is even more devoid of "developmental"

QBs than other years - at least based on what I've read.

This is the problem.....

I dont think the bills had any intention of Fitz being anything more then the back up QB......and then Edwards instead of taking on the challenge of another vet QB in the camp ran away from it.....

He seems to me to be the kind of QB that is content with being a "team" guy and not wanting to be "the" guy.

I dont want a QB like that on my team because he cant LEAD my team......he is just ON the team and doesn't want to be the guy out front taking the critics on.

Trent Edwards was great until the Arizona hit....he has not been the same since AND he has taken multiple concussions not just that one.

so the QBs played poorly

the line played poorly

and the coaches coached poorly

and you want to see the line improved, and the coaches replaced, but not the QBs?!?

why not fix the entire problem since it's all interchangeable? if the line played better, our O would have been better. JUST LIKE if the QBs played better, our O would have been better.

The Bills defense against the run has sucked every year Jauron has been the head coach, near last year after year. Should the team just cut all the LB's and DL players and start over?

Try and understand...the current Bills QB's will play better behind a decent O line... when they have actually time to throw ...and have a receiver that will actually be open.

Do you get the concept of the difference between Mike Shanahan and Dick Jauron as a head coach, one has an offensive mind and the other is just offensive...

Trent Edwards has shown flashes he can be really very good, like the season opener last year against the Patriots in New England. 15-25 for 225 yards 2 TD's 0 ints. The RB's had 65 yards rushing in that game. So, if not for the McKelvin fumble with 5 min to go the Bills win that game.

Then the O line started sustaining injuries and line player changes and then TE regressed greatly and suffered another concussion, in the Saints game he was literally running for his life every play. There is a reason why every QB the Bills started last year started out good and then regressed.

The Bills had the worst O line last year that I've ever seen in Buffalo, the ONLY player to start all 16 games was the center Hangartner, and he allowed countless sacks and stunk.

I'd like to see Edwards have a chance to compete with a decent team around him.

Hate to break it to you, but we the fans don't have jack to say about who gets picked up. If it were up to me we would have fixed the oline 5 years ago.

Amen, brother. The goal in any offseason is to UPGRADE your roster. Both QBs, while not pro bowlers, are certainly an UPGRADE to what we have on the roster. Argue all you want, but Maxx is right...improve the positions you can.

What is amazing to me is the fans "all or nothing" attitude......either they want the hot QB of the draft.....or a proven all pro vet QB.....or else just keep what we got....

WHAT?????

That's because if you don't have a guy that is one of the top say, 15 qb's (maybe even higher) you are nowhere. Some want to sit with what we have, and develop the rest of the team, then get a Qb, the others want to take a shot on a top talent RIGHT NOW.

To me, considering the current options, I say use the first pick (the Bills have only done that TWICE. One turned out (Kelly), the other, well..... there were 3 good pro QB's chosen, and we got the 4th.

i just posted almost the exact same thing in the other thread. id like to see us pick up Campbell, draft a QB early, and keep 1 (maaaybe 2) of our current QBs heading into cam.

Let the 4 of them battle it out and see which one doesnt make the cut.

Personally, Id keep Brohm and Edwards. Fitz if "fine" but we know what we have and how high he can go. Edwards showed real promise before the concussion and I feel that if we could get him back to that, he might be ok. If nothing else, I'd be interested to see how he does against the competition of Campbell and a "blue chip" rookie. If he falls apart, then no biggie and we cut him and go into the season with Campbell, Brohm, and Rookie.

Ohhh, where to begin?

First, the "Fitz is fine, but..." part. Fitzpatrick has had every obstacle placed in his path that Edwards has (save for one, which I'll address shortly). Fitz played behind the same crap o-line, had the same crap coaches, had the same TO drops, the same lack of a decent tight end, the same defense that can't stop the run and consistently give the "O" good field position; ALL these things were the same for both guys. Plus, Trent had more starts and more pass attempts (in other words, more experience) going into the season, and hadn't played for 3 teams in 3 years. Fitz took all these negatives and turned them into a 5-4 record, while Trent took all those things and turned them into a 1-5. And FITZ is the guy who you want to dump because of his perceived limitations? Why do so few people here see that maybe, possibly, perhaps, if....the line improves, the WR's hold onto the ball, the coaches are smarter...maybe, possibly, perhaps....Fitz would improve, too? Are you guys that defend Trent so completely blind to logic that you can only see Trent needing these things? Seriously!

Now, for that one obstacle that you (and about 35,000 others) continue to bring up: the concussion from the Adrian Wilson hit. I hate to break it to you, but this doesn't hold water. Trent had THE BEST GAME OF HIS CAREER his first game after the concussion; he had his second best game against Denver later on that same season. The concussion in '09, in addition to happening on a pretty ordinary play, came AFTER that sterling 3 point performance against the Browns

I have posted all these things before...so have others...why don't they sink in a little bit? Why does every poll on this board about QBs omit the guy who actually accomplished something last season (including playing VERY well in RWS) as an option? And one last point...if we know what we have with Fitz after 9 games, how come I STILL don't know whether Edwards even has an NFL arm?