Nolan Nawrocki (ProFootballWeekly.com)

Estro

I know everyone here doesn't visit ProFootballWeekly.com, so I wanted to pass on that Nolan Nawrocki has posted his first draft value chart as well as his top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...aft-value-chart

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/0...ess-of-position

For those not familar with Nawrcoki, I'll just say the guy knows his sh*t. ProFootballWeekly.com has a lot of great draft coverage, keep an eye out for Nawrocki's final mock draft the morning of the draft, guy's money.

I think Linval is there early third...if I were the Bills...I'd be wheeling and dealing...I'd trade with Washington...Move up to 4th pick...give them my 3rd rounder for the swap...then move down in the 2nd to pick a mid third back up and take Linval in the second...third I'd take Pike unless there was a smaller DE that was worth it on the Board that could play OLB...or a big OLB that can rush the passer...

I'd love to see that scenario play out...too bad I wasn't a Pats fan, then I'd have faith we could pull it off...

Okung, unless he goes to Det...if he does I get Bulaga at 4...then I get Joseph...and the future QB or outside rusher...I'd have them Bills dominating next season

If this is close to what pro draft boards look like, why do I have a growing suspicion we take Spiller?

Don't joke about that. Please? I know it's possible but ... if they actually do it? It'll be the first clear sign that Nix has no idea what he's doing, much like our past two (real) GMs. And I WANT to believe in this front office. I do right now.

But if they made that pick ... we'd be doomed to another 3-5 years of horrible decisions.

Don't joke about that. Please? I know it's possible but ... if they actually do it? It'll be the first clear sign that Nix has no idea what he's doing, much like our past two (real) GMs. And I WANT to believe in this front office. I do right now.

But if they made that pick ... we'd be doomed to another 3-5 years of horrible decisions.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, didn't Tennessee have major O-line problems the year they drafted Chris Johnson? Just saying...

Outside of Bradford this years QB's suck. I don't even like Clausen. What I'd love to see happen is for the Bills to build up with the best players available in the 1st and 2nd rounds, no QB's though, because like I said no one outside of Bradford is worth #9 and no one but Clausen is worth #41 and they should both be gone by then. Next year is the year for QB's with Locker and Mallett. Mallet's rocket arm would be a thing of beauty in Buffalo, and if the Bills are picking in the top 10 again next year (possible) they would have a shot at him.

As much as I want the Bills to compete immediately, I truly like the idea of building this team through a couple of solid drafts and Free agency periods. You can give up picks for say....... McNab,b and you're probably better off for next season, but I like a long term approach. I'd rather add a few solid starters in this years draft and get our QB next year. I truly think Mallet is a big time prospect and that the Bills need to consider anything to acquire him. Even if it's not Mallet though, I like the idea of Gailey being able to groom a young talented prospect. Find yourself a young talented QB and you're competing every single year. I don't happen to think that QB exists in this years draft (outside of Bradford).

Guys I happen to like at #9 are: Derrick Morgan, C.J. Spiller, Trent Williams, Brandon Graham, Brian Bulaga

CJ Spiller might be a guy that Gailey was referring to when he said "waterbug".

This pick reminds me of Reggie Bush, RB WR KR with the speed to break a long run every time he touches the ball.

At 5'9"-195 and a 4.27 40...Cris Johnson / Felix Jones type that never missed a game

A finalist for the Doak Walker Award, Spiller had 233 yards rushing in 20 attempts and scored a career high four touchdowns in the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech on December 5. He now has 1,145 rushing yards this year and 445 receiving yards. He has 50 career touchdowns and needs just one to become Clemson's career leader.

I have np at all with this pick as long as they address a LT at some point, doubtfull Bell emerges as a top left tackle this year.

Just to play Devil's Advocate, didn't Tennessee have major O-line problems the year they drafted Chris Johnson? Just saying...

They also didn't have two quality backs ALREADY ON THE ROSTER.

This is a passing league. Wasting first round picks on HBs, no matter HOW GOOD THEY ARE, is retarded when you already have not one, but two backs capable of winning a championship with. Even more so what you have huge holes on your DL, LB corps, WR corps and of course QB.

Just saying :thumbsup:

Outside of Bradford this years QB's suck. I don't even like Clausen. What I'd love to see happen is for the Bills to build up with the best players available in the 1st and 2nd rounds, no QB's though, because like I said no one outside of Bradford is worth #9 and no one but Clausen is worth #41 and they should both be gone by then. Next year is the year for QB's with Locker and Mallett. Mallet's rocket arm would be a thing of beauty in Buffalo, and if the Bills are picking in the top 10 again next year (possible) they would have a shot at him.

As much as I want the Bills to compete immediately, I truly like the idea of building this team through a couple of solid drafts and Free agency periods. You can give up picks for say....... McNab,b and you're probably better off for next season, but I like a long term approach. I'd rather add a few solid starters in this years draft and get our QB next year. I truly think Mallet is a big time prospect and that the Bills need to consider anything to acquire him. Even if it's not Mallet though, I like the idea of Gailey being able to groom a young talented prospect. Find yourself a young talented QB and you're competing every single year. I don't happen to think that QB exists in this years draft (outside of Bradford).

Guys I happen to like at #9 are: Derrick Morgan, C.J. Spiller, Trent Williams, Brandon Graham, Brian Bulaga

I have no problem with the logic of the first paragraph. Even though I think the Bills need a franchise QB above all else, I'm not sure there is one in this draft outside of Bradford. Even if there was a franchise QB in this draft, the Bills won't contend this year regardless. So, by all means fix the other gaping holes on the team.

However, DO NOT TAKE SPILLER. It would be wasting a valuable pick. Even if he becomes a hall of fame RB, it's a wasted pick.

This pick reminds me of Reggie Bush, RB WR KR with the speed to break a long run every time he touches the ball.

At 5'9"-195 and a 4.27 40...Cris Johnson / Felix Jones type that never missed a game

A finalist for the Doak Walker Award, Spiller had 233 yards rushing in 20 attempts and scored a career high four touchdowns in the ACC Championship game against Georgia Tech on December 5. He now has 1,145 rushing yards this year and 445 receiving yards. He has 50 career touchdowns and needs just one to become Clemson's career leader.

I have np at all with this pick as long as they address a LT at some point, doubtfull Bell emerges as a top left tackle this year.

No, no, no, no, no, NO!

stop it - if they choose spiller (which i am sure is not their first, second or third choice for the #9 selection) than he will be the best option that is available to them value wise - and that shows that they do have excellent decision making ability.

it is far better to get a rb that probably is as good as or better than our two rb's (who by the way are very good), than to pick up a guy at #9 just to fill a hole that we have because the talent is fair-to-poor at best. that is to say just because it would be an improvement talent wise for us doesnt mean we get good value at that #9 spot. it is not good to improve from fair-to-poor to mediocre when you can add depth or improve on very good at that position (especially when lynch is one bad choice away from being suspended for at least a year)

that is the most rediculous thing i have ever read - absurdly inane at best - wacky craziness at worst

It's not if he doesn't win a ring along with that yellow jacket.

HBs don't win super bowls.

If this team had a franchise QB, a decent O-Line, decent DL, okay WRs & LBs, then sure. A hall of fame HB in the first round would be worth it. Even with Lynch and Jackson on the roster.

But since the Bills have NONE of those things, let alone two or three of those things, wasting their top pick on a HB, NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE IS OR WILL BECOME, is a bad, horrible pick.

Nawrocki's Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview (not to be confused with the draft guide) is the best reasonably priced draft book, IMO.

Thanks for the links.

I'll re-tailor my mock to match his round projections. It's interesting that in the Preview he has Capers listed as a 2nd to third round pick but in his internet breakdown he has Capers as late third round almost fourth.

omg dont be so such a drama queen let me quess you want to pass over a stud playmaker that could score at any touch of the ball for a one of the so called tackles of the draft that have question marks. 0bviously you haven't seen this kid play but u want to jump on the bandwagon and pick one of the tackles at no. 9 that shouldn't be picked that high just because we need one.Nix would be smart to pick Spiller at 9 if he was available at that time or trade down because i dont like any of the tackles at that pick

I know everyone here doesn't visit ProFootballWeekly.com, so I wanted to pass on that Nolan Nawrocki has posted his first draft value chart as well as his top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft

For those not familar with Nawrcoki, I'll just say the guy knows his sh*t. ProFootballWeekly.com has a lot of great draft coverage, keep an eye out for Nawrocki's final mock draft the morning of the draft, guy's money.

Terrific information. Thank you.

stop it - if they choose spiller (which i am sure is not their first, second or third choice for the #9 selection) than he will be the best option that is available to them value wise - and that shows that they do have excellent decision making ability.

it is far better to get a rb that probably is as good as or better than our two rb's (who by the way are very good), than to pick up a guy at #9 just to fill a hole that we have because the talent is fair-to-poor at best. that is to say just because it would be an improvement talent wise for us doesnt mean we get good value at that #9 spot. it is not good to improve from fair-to-poor to mediocre when you can add depth or improve on very good at that position (especially when lynch is one bad choice away from being suspended for at least a year)

Your post seems to assume that the difference between Spiller at #9th best player and whoever is the #10th or #11th best player, but at a needed position will be the difference between very good and mediocre. It's not. The difference level at that point wold be the difference between extremely good and ever so slightly extremely better. And improving that infinitesimally by picking at a position we're already quite good at ... doesn't make sense.

Mine looks about the same, although mine is strictly for the Bills:

In order of preference in each round.

RD1

*Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB

Russell Okung Oklahoma State LT

*Bryan Bulaga Iowa LT

Derrick Morgan Georgia Tech DE43 (but would help Bills)

Brandon Graham Michigan OLB34

*Anthony Davis Rutgers OT

Trent Williams Oklahoma RT/LT

*Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB

Dan Williams Tennessee DT34

C.J. Spiller Clemson RBC

*Rolando McClain Alabama ILB

*Bruce Campbell Maryland OT

Jared Odrick Penn State DE34

Mike Iupati Idaho OG/OT

Sergio Kindle Texas OLB34

RD2

Terrence Cody Alabama DT34

Charles Brown USC OT

Jerry Hughes TCU OLB34

Brandon Spikes Florida ILB

*Arrelious Benn Illinois WRF

Jared Veldheer Hillsdale OT

*Carlos Dunlap Florida DE34

Vladimir Ducasse Massachusetts OG/OT

Rodger Saffold Indiana OG/OT

John Jerry Mississippi OG/OT

RD3

Cam Thomas North Carolina DT34

Mardy Gilyard Cincinnati WRS

Taylor Price Ohio WRF

*Jason Worilds Virginia Tech OLB34

Jason Fox Miami RT

Jordan Shipley Texas WRS

Matt Tennant Boston College OC/OG

*Aaron Hernandez Florida TE

Tim Tebow Florida QB

Jon Asamoah Illinois OG/OT

*Demaryius Thomas Georgia Tech WRP

Eric Norwood South Carolina ILB

Eric Decker Minnesota WRF

Dan LeFevour Central Michigan QB

Mike Johnson Alabama OG

RD4

Selvish Capers West Virginia OG/OT

Ben Tate Auburn RBF

Torrell Troup Central Florida DT34

*Linval Joseph East Carolina DE34

Donald Butler Washington ILB

Tony Pike Cincinnati QB

Dennis Pitta BYU TE

J.D. Walton Baylor OC/OG

Alex Carrington Arkansas State DE34

Mike Neal Purdue DE34

Jermaine Cunningham Florida OLB34

Jeremy Williams Tulane WRF

Jarrett Brown West Virginia QB

Mitch Petrus Arkansas OG

Andre Roberts Citadel WRS

Jamar Chaney Mississippi State ILB

Kyle Calloway Iowa RT

RD5

Lindsey Witten Connecticut OLB34

Tony Washington Abilene Christian OT

Jeff Owens Georgia DT34

Blair White Michigan State WRF

Riley Cooper Florida WRF

Arthur Jones Syracuse DE34

O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin OLB34

Ted Larsen North Carolina State OC/OG

Clay Harbor Missouri State TE/FB

Rahim Alem LSU OLB34

Shay Hodge Mississippi WRF

Garrett Graham Wisconsin TE

Pat Angerer Iowa ILB

RD6

Rashawn Jackson Virginia FB

Seyi Ajirotutu Fresno State WRF

Colin Peek Alabama TE

Chris Scott Tennessee OT

Freddie Barnes Bowling Green WRF

Ed Wang Virginia Tech OT

David Gettis Baylor WRF

*Dezmon Briscoe Kansas WRP

Marcus Easley Connecticut WRF

Brandon Carter Texas Tech OG

Danario Alexander Missouri WRP

Jonathan Crompton Tennessee QB

Lonyae Miller Fresno State RBF

Andre Dixon Connecticut RBF

Tony Moeaki Iowa TE

Derek Hardman Eastern Kentucky OT

Zane Beadles Utah OT

Perry Riley LSU ILB

Sam Young Notre Dame OT

RD7

Eric Olsen Notre Dame OC

Marshall Newhouse TCU OG

Nate Byham Pittsburgh TE

Kevin Haslam Rutgers OT

Zac Robinson Oklahoma State QB

Vince Oghobaase Duke DE34

Jammie Kirlew Indiana OLB34

Micah Johnson Kentucky ILB

Cameron Sheffield Troy OLB34

Doug Worthington Ohio State DE34

Danny Batten South Dakota State OLB34

*Clifton Geathers South Carolina DE34

Brandon Lang Troy OLB34

Brandon Deaderick Alabama DE34

UDFA

Mitch Unrein Wyoming DE34

Mike McLaughlin Boston College ILB

Kyle Jolly North Carolina OG/OT

Ekom Udofia Stanford NT

Travis Ivey Maryland NT

Bill Stull Pittsburgh QB

John Estes Hawaii OC

Scott Long Louisville WR

Dexter Davis Arizona State OLB34

Zoltan Mesko Michigan P

David Reed Utah WRF

Chris Marinelli Stanford OT

Arthur Moats James Madison OLB34

Adrian Tracy William & Mary OLB34

Josh Hull Penn State ILB

Sean Canfield Oregon State QB

John Conner Kentucky FB

Shelley Smith Colorado State OG

Kade Weston Georgia DT34

Chris Brown Oklahoma RBF

Drew Davis Alabama OT

Matt Kopa Stanford OT

Unless he's got Hall-of-Famer written all over him, then you have to pass on him...

Your post seems to assume that the difference between Spiller at #9th best player and whoever is the #10th or #11th best player, but at a needed position will be the difference between very good and mediocre. It's not. The difference level at that point wold be the difference between extremely good and ever so slightly extremely better. And improving that infinitesimally by picking at a position we're already quite good at ... doesn't make sense.

Like Al Davis taking McFadden.

I spoke to Marv Levy a few years ago and he said that drafting the best player available means that you take the best guy unless it's close and another player fills a need. I think the biggest discrepancy between players probably comes in the third and fourth rounds. Guys who are labeled late first rounders and early second rounders have fallen for one reason or another that has nothing to do with talent. (Teams passing them up due to needs, I'd think, as well as how teams have prospects graded) Finally the discrepancy between one guy and all the rest is too big to pass up.

Here are the grades from Nawrocki's 2010 draft preview for the best player at each position.

QB - Sam Bradford - 7.00

RB - CJ Spiller - 6.85

FB - Tony Gerhart - 5.50

WR - Dez Bryant - 6.70

TE - Jermaine Gresham - 6.30

OT - Russell Okung - 6.70

G - Mike Iupati - 6.30

C - Maurice Pouncey 6.25

DT - Gerald McCoy - 7.50

DE - Derrick Morgan - 6.55

OLB - Sergio Kindle - 6.45

ILB - Rolando McClain - 6.35

FS - Eric Berry - 6.60

SS - TJ Ward - 5.50

CB - Joe Haden - 6.05

K - Leigh Tiffen - 5.10

P - Matt Dodge - 5.23

Let's assume all the teams draft boards are the same as Nawrocki's. Nawrocki's scoring system goes like this;

9.00 Once in a lifetime player

8.0-8.99 Perennial Pro Bowler

7.5-7.99 Future All Pro

7.0-7.49 Should become a Pro Bowl caliber player.

6.5-6.99 A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl

6.0-6.49 Should become a quality NFL player

5.5-5.99 Has a chance to become a quality NFL player and should contribute readily.

5.10-5.49 Has better than average chance to make NFL roster

It goes lower but it's not necessary to go on.

Since Nawrocki's system has a range of numbers for each definition it can be broken down like this;

Gerald McCoy - 7.50 - Future All Pro.

Sam Bradford - 7.00 - Should become a Pro Bowl caliber player.

CJ Spiller - 6.85 - A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl.

Dez Bryant - 6.70 A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl.

Russell Okung - 6.70 -A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl.

Eric Berry - 6.60 - A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl.

Derrick Morgan - 6.55 - A first rounder that should have a good chance of making the Pro Bowl.

Sergio Kindle - 6.45 - Should become a quality NFL player.

Rolando McClain - 6.35 - Should become a quality NFL player.

Jermaine Gresham - 6.30 - Should become a quality NFL player.

Mike Iupati - 6.30 Should become a quality NFL player.

Maurice Pouncey - 6.25 - Should become a quality NFL player.

Joe Haden - 6.05 - Should become quality NFL player.

Tony Gerhart - 5.50 - Has a chance to become a quality NFL player and should contribute readily.

TJ Ward - 5.50 - Has a chance to become a quality NFL player and should contribute readily.

Matt Dodge - 5.23 - Has better than average chance to make NFL roster

Leigh Tiffen - 5.10 - Has better than average chance to make NFL roster

IMO, as long as the player fits under the same definition it's a no brainer to go for a position of need. Some argument can be made that the scRams should take Gerald McCoy over Sam Bradford but franchise QB's are a lot harder to find and so not taking the best player makes more sense.

CJ Spiller, Dez Bryant, Russell Okung, Eric Berry and Derrick Morgan are all in the same boat. So if all of those players fall to Buffalo they can take anyone of them and, IMO, still get the best player on the board and pick the position of greatest need.

I would take Clausen over Bradford. The one knock on JC is a supposed persona problem. Do you remember some one named Kelly???? The kid produces on a sucky football team. And as for Mallet, there is so much more to the position than arm strength. Brees doesn't have a strong arm, Montana didn't, Warner doesn't, Brady doesn't! Are you picking up on this. Yea I get it, it's windy at times at the Ralph but there are other options available for the QB.

If this team had a franchise QB, a decent O-Line, decent DL, okay WRs & LBs, then sure. A hall of fame HB in the first round would be worth it. Even with Lynch and Jackson on the roster.

But since the Bills have NONE of those things, let alone two or three of those things, wasting their top pick on a HB, NO MATTER HOW GOOD HE IS OR WILL BECOME, is a bad, horrible pick.

Now i REALY hope we take Spiller at 9 just to cram it down your !@#$ing pie hole, boy.

Bad pick, even if he makes the HoF - most rediculous

HB's don't win Super Bowls - 2nd most rediculous

keep going ...

Glad to hear Nolan Nawrocki has fans. His last mock in 2009 was by far the most accurate.

He did one earlier this year. This is obviously pre-free agency and trades:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/3...ackles-dominate

Glad to hear Nolan Nawrocki has fans. His last mock in 2009 was by far the most accurate.

He did one earlier this year. This is obviously pre-free agency and trades:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/3...ackles-dominate

Tell that to Terrell Davis...

I would take Clausen over Bradford. The one knock on JC is a supposed persona problem. Do you remember some one named Kelly???? The kid produces on a sucky football team. And as for Mallet, there is so much more to the position than arm strength. Brees doesn't have a strong arm, Montana didn't, Warner doesn't, Brady doesn't! Are you picking up on this. Yea I get it, it's windy at times at the Ralph but there are other options available for the QB.

Do you remember someone named Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf????...Clausen is a punk...he'll bust...no way I grab him...and to rate him over Bradford shows NO football intelligence at ALL....

There's a little short dude from Dallas who might beg to differ with you on that one.

You mean in 1995? News flash. It's 15 years later. The game has changed.

Tell that to Terrell Davis...

1998? Okay, 12 years ago.

Now, let me school you. Look back at those past 12 years. How many first round picks have the Bills wasted on HBs? How many playoff games did they play?

Take your time ...

Stop living in the past and accept that NFL football is not longer 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And that style is never coming back. This is a passing league. No team without a franchise QB has won the super bowl in a DECADE.

So again, even if Spiller is a hall of fame HB, he's not going to win a super bowl for THIS team. Not until they fix the huge holes everywhere else on the team.

It's flat out retarded to think that drafting Spiller at 9 is in anyway going to help this team win a super bowl in the next 5 years. Seriously. If you can't understand that then you don't understand the modern NFL.

So again, even if Spiller is a hall of fame HB, he's not going to win a super bowl for THIS team. Not until they fix the huge holes everywhere else on the team.

It's flat out retarded to think that drafting Spiller at 9 is in anyway going to help this team win a super bowl in the next 5 years. Seriously. If you can't understand that then you don't understand the modern NFL.

Skill players can be quantified with statistics, whereas an OT, even QB in certain cases, cannot be. There's a reason this team leans on skill players and has from TD through Marv, and then Brandon: they sell tickets. Of the last Bills' last 9 first rounders, 7 were non-lineman. And the two lineman, Mike Williams and John McCargo, were big busts.

Any Bills fan who continues to believe another skill player will make the difference hasn't been watching. Even if Spiller has Chris Johnson type talent, he doesn't have a Titans-like OL to run behind.

Nope. Nawrocki also had Aaron Maybin rated in the 1B category last year and I didn't agree with that.

Well, we'll see over the next couple of years whether you were right about Maybin.

I believe Clausen is going to be an excellent QB at this level. Unfortunately, it looks pretty obvious to me, so I doubt he'll slip all the way to #9, but if he does, I'm betting you will have to get used to him.

Do you remember someone named Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf????...Clausen is a punk...he'll bust...no way I grab him...and to rate him over Bradford shows NO football intelligence at ALL....

Yeah, I remember them well. Neither one of them ever had a season in college even CLOSE to the one that Clausen just put together. Not even close.

Leaf's problem was that he was so cocky he thought that he didn't have to work to succeed. Clausen is in the film room at all hours and is looking forward to having more free time at the next level to spend even more time in the film room. The kid works like a dog.

Sure I remember Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf. I also remember Jim Kelly and Philip Rivers. And being so completely sure that you are right and those who disagree - including Nolan Nawrocki - are wrong, even though you know that the draft is a crapshoot and that everyone, from Polian on down makes mistakes ... THAT is what "shows NO football intelligence at ALL...."

Mine looks about the same, although mine is strictly for the Bills:

In order of preference in each round.

RD1

*Sam Bradford Oklahoma QB

Russell Okung Oklahoma State LT

*Bryan Bulaga Iowa LT

Derrick Morgan Georgia Tech DE43 (but would help Bills)

Brandon Graham Michigan OLB34

*Anthony Davis Rutgers OT

Trent Williams Oklahoma RT/LT

*Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame QB

Dan Williams Tennessee DT34

C.J. Spiller Clemson RBC

*Rolando McClain Alabama ILB

*Bruce Campbell Maryland OT

Jared Odrick Penn State DE34

Mike Iupati Idaho OG/OT

Sergio Kindle Texas OLB34

RD2

Terrence Cody Alabama DT34

Charles Brown USC OT

Jerry Hughes TCU OLB34

Brandon Spikes Florida ILB

*Arrelious Benn Illinois WRF

Jared Veldheer Hillsdale OT

*Carlos Dunlap Florida DE34

Vladimir Ducasse Massachusetts OG/OT

Rodger Saffold Indiana OG/OT

John Jerry Mississippi OG/OT

RD3

Cam Thomas North Carolina DT34

Mardy Gilyard Cincinnati WRS

Taylor Price Ohio WRF

*Jason Worilds Virginia Tech OLB34

Jason Fox Miami RT

Jordan Shipley Texas WRS

Matt Tennant Boston College OC/OG

*Aaron Hernandez Florida TE

Tim Tebow Florida QB

Jon Asamoah Illinois OG/OT

*Demaryius Thomas Georgia Tech WRP

Eric Norwood South Carolina ILB

Eric Decker Minnesota WRF

Dan LeFevour Central Michigan QB

Mike Johnson Alabama OG

RD4

Selvish Capers West Virginia OG/OT

Ben Tate Auburn RBF

Torrell Troup Central Florida DT34

*Linval Joseph East Carolina DE34

Donald Butler Washington ILB

Tony Pike Cincinnati QB

Dennis Pitta BYU TE

J.D. Walton Baylor OC/OG

Alex Carrington Arkansas State DE34

Mike Neal Purdue DE34

Jermaine Cunningham Florida OLB34

Jeremy Williams Tulane WRF

Jarrett Brown West Virginia QB

Mitch Petrus Arkansas OG

Andre Roberts Citadel WRS

Jamar Chaney Mississippi State ILB

Kyle Calloway Iowa RT

RD5

Lindsey Witten Connecticut OLB34

Tony Washington Abilene Christian OT

Jeff Owens Georgia DT34

Blair White Michigan State WRF

Riley Cooper Florida WRF

Arthur Jones Syracuse DE34

O'Brien Schofield Wisconsin OLB34

Ted Larsen North Carolina State OC/OG

Clay Harbor Missouri State TE/FB

Rahim Alem LSU OLB34

Shay Hodge Mississippi WRF

Garrett Graham Wisconsin TE

Pat Angerer Iowa ILB

RD6

Rashawn Jackson Virginia FB

Seyi Ajirotutu Fresno State WRF

Colin Peek Alabama TE

Chris Scott Tennessee OT

Freddie Barnes Bowling Green WRF

Ed Wang Virginia Tech OT

David Gettis Baylor WRF

*Dezmon Briscoe Kansas WRP

Marcus Easley Connecticut WRF

Brandon Carter Texas Tech OG

Danario Alexander Missouri WRP

Jonathan Crompton Tennessee QB

Lonyae Miller Fresno State RBF

Andre Dixon Connecticut RBF

Tony Moeaki Iowa TE

Derek Hardman Eastern Kentucky OT

Zane Beadles Utah OT

Perry Riley LSU ILB

Sam Young Notre Dame OT

RD7

Eric Olsen Notre Dame OC

Marshall Newhouse TCU OG

Nate Byham Pittsburgh TE

Kevin Haslam Rutgers OT

Zac Robinson Oklahoma State QB

Vince Oghobaase Duke DE34

Jammie Kirlew Indiana OLB34

Micah Johnson Kentucky ILB

Cameron Sheffield Troy OLB34

Doug Worthington Ohio State DE34

Danny Batten South Dakota State OLB34

*Clifton Geathers South Carolina DE34

Brandon Lang Troy OLB34

Brandon Deaderick Alabama DE34

UDFA

Mitch Unrein Wyoming DE34

Mike McLaughlin Boston College ILB

Kyle Jolly North Carolina OG/OT

Ekom Udofia Stanford NT

Travis Ivey Maryland NT

Bill Stull Pittsburgh QB

John Estes Hawaii OC

Scott Long Louisville WR

Dexter Davis Arizona State OLB34

Zoltan Mesko Michigan P

David Reed Utah WRF

Chris Marinelli Stanford OT

Arthur Moats James Madison OLB34

Adrian Tracy William & Mary OLB34

Josh Hull Penn State ILB

Sean Canfield Oregon State QB

John Conner Kentucky FB

Shelley Smith Colorado State OG

Kade Weston Georgia DT34

Chris Brown Oklahoma RBF

Drew Davis Alabama OT

Matt Kopa Stanford OT

Looks fantastic, Astro. But for God's sake, get Anthony Davis out of there. The guy didn't produce at a first-round level on the field, he's a workout warrior, a "potential" guy, and from everything we've heard, Nix doesn't like those guys. Thanks goodness, because neither do I.

As for John Conner, in the seventh, his mother's not named Sarah, is she? Kinda hinky, talks a lot about Cyberdyne Systems? I say pick him up, he's got to be mentally tough! He could be our savior!

Also, you don't list Demaryius Thomas in the second, but you think he'll still be available in the third? I doubt it, but would love it if it somehow happens.

You mean in 1995? News flash. It's 15 years later. The game has changed.

1998? Okay, 12 years ago.

Now, let me school you. Look back at those past 12 years. How many first round picks have the Bills wasted on HBs? How many playoff games did they play?

Take your time ...

Stop living in the past and accept that NFL football is not longer 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And that style is never coming back. This is a passing league. No team without a franchise QB has won the super bowl in a DECADE.

Jeez, relax already. The game has changed only by degree over the past few years, it's not radically different. The NFL hasn't been about three yards and a cloud of dust since the early 60s, if it was even then.

Football for decades has been about balance, which produces the ability to be unpredictable. What's the most passing-oriented team to make the Super Bowl in ages? The 18 - 0 Pats, who were beaten because they weren't unpredictable. The Giants didn't have to worry much about the run, they just game-planned a hell of a pass rush and Brady was shell-shocked by the end of the game. If the Pats* had been smart enough to develop a game-breaking RB that season, they would have won that game.

Pittsburgh's success at running the ball had a major part in winning the game in the 2005 Super Bowl against Seattle. Willie Parker had 10 carries and 93 yards. Bettis smashed his way down their throats and wore them out.

Michael Pittman was a huge part of the Bucs big win in 2003.

I agree with you that we shouldn't pick Spiller, but you are way overboard when you say it would be retarded to pick a guy who goes into the Hall of Fame. Picking a hall of famer when you have a chance is a no-brainer. A hall of fame halfback opens up your passing game and has a huge effect on defensive schemes.

Do we need other things much more_ Yeah, and that's why I hope we don't pick Spiller. But you appear to be riding about two gallons of coffee and listening to death metal at jet engine decibel levels. Relax already.