The Bills' 2010 Draft - 1.09 Basic Logic Chart

1B4IDie

If Okung is there take him (not likely)

if not then if Beluga is there take him (less likely)

if not then If Derrick Morgan is there (take him) *

If not then take Jimmy Clausen (not a fan but he is growing on me)

If not then Spillers most likely will be on the board (look for trading partner)

If no trade available then the Bills are screwed maybe Trent Williams RT \McClain (this is not ideal but you got to work with what happens)

*The more and more I think of options and 1.09.

The more and more I'm getting comfortable with Derrick Morgan not saying he is #1 on the list but given who will be drafted #1-8, he could be a good safety net pick

If you look at the tackles:

Okung will be gone.

Buluga is likely to be gone as well. (If he is there you need to give some prayers of thanks, and he will be the no-brain-er pick {ike Orapko was a no-brain-er last year})

The Consensus on Trent Williams is that he will be an NFL RT (Which we need.)

The drop off in talent to the next group of Tackles is pretty big.

Bruce Campbell is a athletic RAW freak.

Anthony Davis is a knucklehead

Derrick Morgan is going to be a good DE with stud potential, plus if Gaily helped recruit him and or already knows if he has the right personality to be successful it makes even more sense.

If Derrick Morgan is there at 9 it would be nice to have someone that can put pressure on a QB and if Maybi ever transitions to a LB and if he can rush on the same side or opposite, that could be nice. (Maybi getting significant, deserved PT is a thing of dreams)

Dan Williams from Tennessee is starting to pop up in my reading a needed Big Ugly, will never get big stats but can help with our horrible run defense. Him and Stoud on the same line gives us some beef in the middle. But he may be more of 4-3 player.

If no tackle is taken is taken at 1.09

Then at 2.09 Charles Brown, USC (Raw needs weight) or Rodger Saffold (Talked about as the "sleeper LT" of the draft) should be there. Both of those players are maybe less raw talent or less practice than Anthony Davis but also less knucleheadeness.

If not then Spillers most likely will be on the board (look for trading partner)

If no trade available then the Bills are screwed maybe Trent Williams RT \McClain (this is not ideal but you got to work with what happens)

The more and more I'm getting comfortable with Derrick Morgan not saying he is #1 on the list but given who will be drafted #1-8, he could be a good safety net pick

Okung will be gone.

Buluga is likely to be gone as well. (If he is there you need to give some prayers of thanks, and he will be the no-brain-er pick {ike Orapko was a no-brain-er last year})

Derrick Morgan is going to be a good DE with stud potential, plus if Gaily helped recruit him and or already knows if he has the right personality to be successful it makes even more sense.

If Derrick Morgan is there at 9 it would be nice to have someone that can put pressure on a QB and if Maybi ever transitions to a LB and if he can rush on the same side or opposite, that could be nice. (Maybi getting significant, deserved PT is a thing of dreams)

Dan Williams from Tennessee is starting to pop up in my reading a needed Big Ugly, will never get big stats but can help with our horrible run defense. Him and Stoud on the same line gives us some beef in the middle. But he may be more of 4-3 player.

Then at 2.09 Charles Brown, USC (Raw needs weight) or Rodger Saffold (Talked about as the "sleeper LT" of the draft) should be there. Both of those players are less maybe raw talent then or less practice than Anthony Davis but also less knucleheadeness.

you copying my draft?

you copying my draft?

Awesome, I was hoping there would be some consensus on this board around this logic.

The only argument I expect is the Golden Domers clamoring for Clausen over all else.

Awesome, I was hoping there would be some consensus on this board around this logic.

The only argument I expect is the Golden Domers clamoring for Clausen over all else.

Clausen is going to be a bust I hope and pry we don't have another brain fart and draft that kid

Clausen is going to be a bust

Or not.

I don't like Morgan up so high. To me, he should be after Dan Williams. Morgan's a hell of an athlete, but may be too big for a 3 - 4 OLB, especially a rush OLB. Not sure he's fast enough to stand up and get there. Very few guys play that position at 272. Average is somewhere around 240 to 260, with a very few creeping higher.

I like him, but am not sure he would fit the system.

Williams, on the other hand, is big enough and has good enough leverage to play NT in a 3 - 4.

I personally put Clausen above Bulaga, because of the Golden Rule of the Draft: NEVER pass on a franchise QB unless you already have one on the roster. And we don't. I don't expect Clausen to be there, though, so this shouldn't cause friction.

Clausen is going to be a bust I hope and pry we don't have another brain fart and draft that kid

As someone who has seen every one of his games I don't think he will be a bust at all. That said, we have much greater needs on this team. We MUST go NT/LT in the first if we can. I know we need a QB, but you have to build a team through the lines first. I wouldn't even take anyone who isn't a NT/T/OLB until the 5th round.

my question is where is morgan playing. I have read two schools of thought on him 1 he can play in the 3/4 two he can not play in the 3/4 /

We need a left tackle and a Nose tackle just to line up a team

Okung will be gone.

Then at 2.09 Charles Brown, USC (Raw needs weight) or Rodger Saffold (Talked about as the "sleeper LT" of the draft) should be there. Both of those players are maybe less raw talent or less practice than Anthony Davis but also less knucleheadeness.

Actually Maybin was the ultimate NO-BRAINER.

Yeah I had Rd 1 Morgan Rd 2harlie Brown Rd 3 Linval Joseph Look up his combine numbers and size before you people start beeching .Rd 4 Ben Tate seeya Marshawn ..not a waterbug fan. you can smash them easily.

IMO it's a bad idea to project in your mind who the Bills will select. If you are a draft fan, evaluate the players and decide who you would pick. If you are just a Bills fan, don't bother. You'll likely just be pissed off on draft day because the organization routinely makes bad decisions. I finally learned this a few years back and I've never had an unhappy draft weekend since.

Okung will be gone.

then we're stuck with Trent/Fitz/Brohm and maybe LeFevour/Skelton maybe McCoy. UGH I'm praying for Clausen or Tebow.

I think trading up is definitely an option with Washington looking at a QB so hardcore...we could get up to four and have a good shot at Okung...of course you only do that if he or Suh isn't off the board...also Detriot has said they are not against trading down and we could definitely get Okung then...plus we can use a second or third on Linval Joseph/Cody that can play NT at a very high level...so I don't know...I think it's feasible...and think the Bills should try, but with the depth nobody is really looking to trade up...we get Okung you're looking at a completely different O Line....Okung, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Green/Meredith/Bell...I say Green...but whatever...you got three young guys with probowls in thier futures and two decent hardnose fillers...that's dangerous for our Backfield...and Edwards/Fitzy could both be efficient behind that line...Jackson and Lynch would dominate...and though we'll still be short an OLB possibly, we can keep the ball long enough to be competitive...

The way I look at it is the best case scenario's for the Bills is to have Buluga fall to us.

Here is a possible way for it to turn out

1- Bradford

2- Suh

3- McCoy

4- Clausen

5- Berry/McClain

6- Okung

7- Haden/McClain/Morgan/Berry

8- Its the !@#$ing Raiders so they take someone off the board

9- Buluga

Basically it comes down to the Redskins or Seattle. If both decide to go LT then we are screwed and it looks like McClain will have to be our guy just to fill a need and avoid a reach. The Raiders hopefully draft off the board as well. I feel like Buluga will be a solid top 10-12 LT (Not top 5 but really solid) and would fill such a huge need.

Then once we get a LT like Buluga we can focus our 2nd round pick on getting some front 7 help.

Actually Maybin was the ultimate NO-BRAINER.

Nice!

btw I'm refering to Him as Maybi as in Maybi he can convert to LB Maybi he can stay above 240 lbs Maybi he can be worth his draft pick some day.

The way I look at it is the best case scenario's for the Bills is to have Buluga fall to us.

Here is a possible way for it to turn out

1- Bradford

2- Suh

3- McCoy

4- Clausen

5- Berry/McClain

6- Okung

7- Haden/McClain/Morgan/Berry

8- Its the !@#$ing Raiders so they take someone off the board

9- Buluga

Basically it comes down to the Redskins or Seattle. If both decide to go LT then we are screwed and it looks like McClain will have to be our guy just to fill a need and avoid a reach. The Raiders hopefully draft off the board as well. I feel like Buluga will be a solid top 10-12 LT (Not top 5 but really solid) and would fill such a huge need.

Then once we get a LT like Buluga we can focus our 2nd round pick on getting some front 7 help.

You're right. Deadskins and Seagulls are the key.

I only hope Beluga is there.