Trade down for Morgan or Iupati ???

I'm sure this won't happen because I don't think anyone necessarily will want to trade up but going down a few slots could still have one of these two guys on the board and just looking at what you see on youtube and other links etc., these guys both look like solid pros. I really wouldn't mind if we picked one of them .. even if we didn't trade down. Not as high on Davis, or Bulaga as many of the mock drafts/ratings suggest we should be.

First choice at nine would be Rolando McClain but I think I'm a minority of one on that subject.

Derrick Morgan seems to be the consensus #1 DE in this draft, and most think he's a definite top 10 pick. I think there's a 50/50 chance he'll be gone by our #9 pick, so if you like him we probably would need to stand pat or trade up, not back.

As far as Iupati is concerned I originally viewed him as a #20 pick, but with his versatility and some teams thinking he could play T, I could see him going higher. If a team is sold on Iupati they probably shouldn't trade down much further than pick 15 or so.

Id love to see the Bills trade down late enough to pick up an additional second rounder. Im not sure Morgan or Iupati would be there in the twenties. We'd still have to address the tackl positon with Iupati as the left takle spot still pretty wide open. I think we need to take a left tackle prospect in the top 2 rounds, Iupati or not. Iupati and a decent left tackl prospect would certainly improve our o-line.

I'm more inclinded to want Derrick Morgan, but if the Bills select Iupati they could move one of the guys from last year to center. If they could draft Charles Brown in the second round, that would be great. They need a lot of help, and the more players they are able to draft the better chance they will inprove the overall talent level of the team.

I like the idea of drafting Iupati. It would really help to solidify our offensive line whether we get an OT or not later on. I guess the only problem I might have with it is if they pass up a chance to draft an elite pass rusher to take anyone else. Those are players we need now and are hard to get. If Morgan is that guy, you have to take him when you get the chance. Same would go if they thought another player was the best pass rusher.

I like the idea of drafting Iupati. It would really help to solidify our offensive line whether we get an OT or not later on. I guess the only problem I might have with it is if they pass up a chance to draft an elite pass rusher to take anyone else. Those are players we need now and are hard to get. If Morgan is that guy, you have to take him when you get the chance. Same would go if they thought another player was the best pass rusher.

I haven't seen Morgan described as an elite pass rusher. The impression I get from the reports that I've

read is that he is a good all-around DE, capable of playing the run very well and not a bad pass rusher - just

not elite. I do know that he had a fair number of sacks last year, but those numbers can be deceiving.

Iupati is one of those big strong guys who isn't real quick. People are hoping he could work out as an RT, but there's a good chance he might not even be that quick. He might well end up as a guard. Picking him, you might well end up moving Wood to center, which would basically make Wood a rookie all over again, and we'd have our three interior OLs be two firsts and a second. From a talent standpoint, that would be good, but from a money standpoint, pretty bad. When their contracts came up, we wouldn't be able to spend that much on the interior OL and would lose one or two of them.

I don't see Iupati

As for Morgan, if we want him, we'd better take him at #9, because he isn't likely to last much longer. There's always a chance, but you don't trade back if there's a 50:50 chance your guy will be gone.

I'm sure this won't happen because I don't think anyone necessarily will want to trade up but going down a few slots could still have one of these two guys on the board and just looking at what you see on youtube and other links etc., these guys both look like solid pros. I really wouldn't mind if we picked one of them .. even if we didn't trade down. Not as high on Davis, or Bulaga as many of the mock drafts/ratings suggest we should be.

First choice at nine would be Rolando McClain but I think I'm a minority of one on that subject.

I believe Iupati is going to be one of the best players coming out of this draft!

I like McClain at 9 too but with the signing of Davis, plus Poz and Mitchel on the roster I kind of doubt it.

I would be happy with a trade down and another second rounder.

Iupati is one of those big strong guys who isn't real quick. People are hoping he could work out as an RT, but there's a good chance he might not even be that quick. He might well end up as a guard. Picking him, you might well end up moving Wood to center, which would basically make Wood a rookie all over again, and we'd have our three interior OLs be two firsts and a second. From a talent standpoint, that would be good, but from a money standpoint, pretty bad. When their contracts came up, we wouldn't be able to spend that much on the interior OL and would lose one or two of them.

I don't see Iupati

As for Morgan, if we want him, we'd better take him at #9, because he isn't likely to last much longer. There's always a chance, but you don't trade back if there's a 50:50 chance your guy will be gone.

Very good points.

Iupati looked really bad at the senior bowl. I don't think he is anything more then a guard and as much as I would like them to move wood to center and make a move on for another guard I can not see them taking one in round one

Neither.

I would take a bruising LT at #9.

Then perhaps Tebow at #41.

If we can then jump back and take a NT/ DT at with our 3rd pick, I would be happy.

Simple strategy that I would be happy with as long as the player we want is available at our pick in each round! I'd hope for Bryan Bulaga OT in the first...Tebow is fine in 2nd even though I also like Clausen in the 1st round...Getting a NT/DT in the 3rd is important as well... Nice Job!! :(

Iupati has an Eric Wood type attitude. If the Bills took him I'd love it because the line would be all kinds of nasty. However, IMO they have bigger fish to fry and there will be guys just as good at other more needy positions. JMO

I haven't seen Morgan described as an elite pass rusher. The impression I get from the reports that I've

read is that he is a good all-around DE, capable of playing the run very well and not a bad pass rusher - just

not elite. I do know that he had a fair number of sacks last year, but those numbers can be deceiving.

He's an above average PR but not elite. He had 12.5 sacks last year and seven the year before. Since Buffalo sucked against the run last year I'd like to see as many run stuffers as possible. If the Bills can force teams to consistantly throw into their secondary they will have a top 10 defense, IMO.

I believe Iupati is going to be one of the best players coming out of this draft!

Agreed, I love his attitude. Unfortunately there are about 5 guys I'd love to see become Bills out of the first round and they only have one pick. :(

I've never got all the Iupati love around here. I get that people think that he's mean and that will make up for his lack of pass protection skills and whatnot but it won't. The guy is strickly a guard and you could wait and take someone like Pouncy in round two if you wanted an interior guy that badly who could play G or C. You then let Wood and Pouncy decide who plays center. Anyways, sorry, just sick of hearing about Iupati who I don't think is even 1st round material......