Trade up?...and no not for Tebow lmao...

I think the Bills could have a partner to trade up as high as four...if the Skins are actually looking for a QB or Spiller like i've read...I think the Bills should jump up to four for a legitimate shot at Okung, Suh, or McCoy (Gerald not Colt you QB lovers)...what do you think?...all of them will not be off the board...what do you think?

I think the Bills could have a partner to trade up as high as four...if the Skins are actually looking for a QB or Spiller like i've read...I think the Bills should jump up to four for a legitimate shot at Okung, Suh, or McCoy (Gerald not Colt you QB lovers)...what do you think?...all of them will not be off the board...what do you think?

Just my opinion, but Suh and McCoy would be DEs in this defense, and DEs aren't impact players in a 3 - 4. I love Okung, but not enough to trade up for him.

Now, Clausen, I would love to trade up for, if they thought they weren't going to get him at #9. Otherwise, no thanks.

It seems to me that it's rare that trading up is worth it especially with the amount of guaranteed money being thrown around in the top 10. I think the Patriots continually trading down to collect more draft picks in the way to go. The more players you draft, the better chance you have of finding a good one. We've all seen busts from every round of the draft on every team.

It seems to me that it's rare that trading up is worth it especially with the amount of guaranteed money being thrown around in the top 10. I think the Patriots continually trading down to collect more draft picks in the way to go. The more players you draft, the better chance you have of finding a good one. We've all seen busts from every round of the draft on every team.

+1

Yup. What he said.

Just my opinion, but Suh and McCoy would be DEs in this defense, and DEs aren't impact players in a 3 - 4. I love Okung, but not enough to trade up for him.

Now, Clausen, I would love to trade up for, if they thought they weren't going to get him at #9. Otherwise, no thanks.

So, the all-time career sack leader wasn't an impact player?

Yea, Shanahan is going to take RB 4th overall :thumbsup:

Its Okung or Clausen for the Skins, nothing else will get consideration unless they dont have that choice.

PS Seymour dominated at 3-4 DE and was a cornerstone of multiple SB winning defenses

If you really had to go back 20 years to find an example, you've made his point for him.

True. Bruuuuce was the exception, NOT the norm.

also, he said de in a 3-4. most DE's excel in 4-3 (Bruce, Reggie white, etc)

Bruuuuuce played in a 3-4 for the majority of his career.

I'm dumbfounded that there are Bills fans that say 34 DE's are irrelevant...and that Bruce played a 4-3...crazy crazy crazy...and if anyone thinks Suh can't play Nose...need to watch tape of this dude's frame...he could EASILY put on ten or fifteen pounds and be a NT in a 3-4...Okung is worth trading up for...trade up...snatch Okung...use the second on Cody...I think we're straight...

I'm dumbfounded that there are Bills fans that say 34 DE's are irrelevant...and that Bruce played a 4-3...crazy crazy crazy...and if anyone thinks Suh can't play Nose...need to watch tape of this dude's frame...he could EASILY put on ten or fifteen pounds and be a NT in a 3-4...Okung is worth trading up for...trade up...snatch Okung...use the second on Cody...I think we're straight...

I've heard from scouts that Nebraska has a very good strength program and that most the time it's unrealisitc to expect Nebraska players to add to their frame once in the NFL. You could be right about Suh, but just wanted to throw that out there.

I've heard from scouts that Nebraska has a very good strength program and that most the time it's unrealisitc to expect Nebraska players to add to their frame once in the NFL. You could be right about Suh, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Obviously they have an excellent strength program...these guys are Bulls coming out from Nebraska...but he is like four feet wide and only 307...lol...I definitely think he'd have no trouble adding a few pounds...for a 307 pound guy...he's fricken SOLID...very little Cody blubber on that frame...

What would trading up cost us ?? That is the question , i know we don't have many picks this year, if we were to trade up would we loose out all together on any second rounder or how would it pan out & who would it work with ?? :thumbsup: Sorry but unlike some Bills fan i don't think i am Mr. Football . So that's why i ask because I CARE :lol: !!

DEs are hugely important in a 3-4 scheme. It's just that most of the time, even the good ones don't rack up sacks like ends do in a 4-3. Even Richard Seymour has just over half as many sacks (43) as Aaron Schobel (78). Bruce was a friggin' freak of nature. No 3-4 end in the league had more than 7 sacks last year.

34 ends are there to occupy blockers and stuff the run, while opening up holes for the linebackers to make plays. It's not glamorous, but it doesn't mean we should just throw some chumps into the starting roles.