Bill 2009 Attendance over all

I just found a good site that shows where we ranked in 2009... 10th... and only 7 home games they didn't count the TOR game. http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance I know I know cheapest tickets in the league... but still if they raised prices who really thinks attendance would go down much esp. if they used the money to get a bterr team... I know i am beating a dead horse but I got into a convo with a friend about Bills fan loalty vs. the Falcons... lol that's an easy battle to win.

Dallas had 112% attendance at home? Someone should call the fire marshall.

They sold all their seats plus they sold exclusion tickets. basically they sold "Standing room only" tickets to people, but more than they had room for. :ph34r:

I remeber hearing that on ESPN... :w00t:

They sold all their seats plus they sold exclusion tickets. basically they sold "Standing room only" tickets to people, but more than they had room for. :ph34r:

I remeber hearing that on ESPN... :w00t:

id imagine they could sell more tickets than they have actual seats for since there are probably bars and lounges all over that stadium. youre basically buying a ticket into the stadium, some people's tickets come with seats, some dont. smart idea.

I just found a good site that shows where we ranked in 2009... 10th... and only 7 home games they didn't count the TOR game. http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance I know I know cheapest tickets in the league... but still if they raised prices who really thinks attendance would go down much esp. if they used the money to get a bterr team..

I fail to understand why, after free agency and the salary cap have been in place since 1993, that people still get this idiotic idea that higher ticket prices means a team can spend more on players. Shared revenue more than covers all player and staffing costs. They could give away tickets for free and it would have little-to-no effect on how much a team could spend on players. Player salaries are covered by 60% of shared revenue, of which television money makes up the largest share of.

I fail to understand why, after free agency and the salary cap have been in place since 1993, that people still get this idiotic idea that higher ticket prices means a team can spend more on players. Shared revenue more than covers all player and staffing costs. They could give away tickets for free and it would have little-to-no effect on how much a team could spend on players. Player salaries are covered by 60% of shared revenue, of which television money makes up the largest share of.

I fail to understand why people don't pay attention and blather on about something they think they know.

There is no salary cap this year.

I fail to understand why people don't pay attention and blather on about something they think they know.

There is no salary cap this year.

no ****, sherlock...but people have been making this stupid assumption that higher ticket prices would mean we could spend more on players for the past several years now

no ****, sherlock...but people have been making this stupid assumption that higher ticket prices would mean we could spend more on players for the past several years now

Have we been using up all the cap space?

Seems like a good ranking right? I'd like to point out aside from the cost of tickets being low and that having an impact. Let't not foget it's one of larger venues. But I think the most important and telling stat is the percent attendance. Take that ranking and Buffalo falls to 22. So with a large than average venue and one of the lowest ticket prices, the team had the 22nd ranked attendance. Not a great sign, but.... when you consider the playoff drought and another horrible season, it does show some serious fan loyalty.

id imagine they could sell more tickets than they have actual seats for since there are probably bars and lounges all over that stadium. youre basically buying a ticket into the stadium, some people's tickets come with seats, some dont. smart idea.

I would personally prefer a fire in a barrel somewhere near either endzone, maybe 10 yard line and some cans. Not those crappy cups they give out.

Speaking of last season though, I really got a kick out of the 1.50 extra, or whatever it was, that you had to pay for the 50th anniversary cups and they "were all out" of the normal cups.

True but even when the salary cap was in place there were not a whole lot of teams following "The cash to cap policy". Having additional cash to pay out bonus money would not be a bad thing.

Which would be the case if the Bills were spending to the cap limit which they have not been doing. They have been playing the cash to cap instead saying they have to do so to run this team in a financially responsible manner. Perhaps if they charge more for the seats and they continued to sell out then they would have more money to operate with.

I just found a good site that shows where we ranked in 2009... 10th... and only 7 home games they didn't count the TOR game. http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance I know I know cheapest tickets in the league... but still if they raised prices who really thinks attendance would go down much esp. if they used the money to get a bterr team... I know i am beating a dead horse but I got into a convo with a friend about Bills fan loalty vs. the Falcons... lol that's an easy battle to win.

This is why it's ridiculous, IMO, to believe that the NFL wants Buffalo to move anywhere. It's that kind of fan commitment that will keep the team here. All of the people who call for boycotts are only trying to get the team to a different city.

Spending money has not been the Bills' problem. It's where they spend it that has been the problem.

PTR

What he said.

I fail to understand

Suite and other premium seating $$$ are not shared and provide the cash flow to front load FA contracts with team-generated money, rather than dipping into the owner's wallet. Same goes for the marketing deals large market franchises can tap into that small market teams can't.