Bills sign WR Chad Jackson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this move. Former 2d round pick of the Pats* is young and has talent; it's worth a shot to see if he can get his career back on track after some injuries.

I agree, I think Denver gave him a shot too put he washed out.

He is another WR on paper that should be very good.

But was never able to translate to the NFL.

Worst case he can be a special team gunner.

There is not a good track record of washed out WRs reviving their NFL career but you have to trry

I like this move. Former 2d round pick of the Pats* is young and has talent; it's worth a shot to see if he can get his career back on track after some injuries.

Oh yeah, great move by the sage Buddy Nix. Here's a kid that could not make it at wide receiver with Tom Brady throwing and that line blocking in 2006 and 2007. (Brady only threw for 50 TD passes in 2007.) I'm sure he'll light it up with Edwards/Fitzy/Brohm/??? throwing behind their 2010 line which looks like it will feature more rookies starting on it then even last years. Yes sir, I see only good things for Chad Jackson this season. Way better move then wasting Ralph's unspent money on a veteran WR like Bolden or even Antonio Bryant, right? You know, a WR who might actually know how to get off the line or change up his route to allow his QB to get a throw off before the inevitable sack??

But wait, I keep forgetting, Bill Walsh....er, I mean Chan Gailey is the Bills coach. He is an offensive genius, so I'm sure he and his assistants will "coach 'em up" just fine.

Oh yeah, great move by the sage Buddy Nix. Here's a kid that could not make it at wide receiver with Tom Brady throwing and that line blocking in 2006 and 2007. (Brady only threw for 50 TD passes in 2007.) I'm sure he'll light it up with Edwards/Fitzy/Brohm/??? throwing behind their 2010 line which looks like it will feature more rookies starting on it then even last years. Yes sir, I see only good things for Chad Jackson this season. Way better move then wasting Ralph's unspent money on a veteran WR like Bolden or even Antonio Bryant, right? You know, a WR who might actually know how to get off the line or change up his route to allow his QB to get a throw off before the inevitable sack??

But wait, I keep forgetting, Bill Walsh....er, I mean Chan Gailey is the Bills coach. He is an offensive genius, so I'm sure he and his assistants will "coach 'em up" just fine.

:thumbsup:

If anyone thinks this is anything other than a Marlon Favorite-esque "training camp" pick-up, you're out of your mind. How come nobody hates on Felton Huggins? We just re-signed him earlier in the week...clearly Nix whiffed on that one too. How dare he bring in training camp bodies when we could have signed Tory Holt or...uhm...Javon Walker!

I dont know what the Chad Jackson signing will amount to but I really liked him coming out of college.....

He reminded me of Eric Moulds

Seems to be just a look-see signing. I'm happy they are looking; I hope it works out. I put it into the no-harm-no-foul category.