Some stuff from Rotoworld about the Bills

Buffalo bills news from Rotoworld.

It seems a lot has been going on at OBD recently;

Aaron Maybin-LB- Bills Mar. 30 - 11:04 am et

Bills OLB Aaron Maybin reported to the team's offseason program at 246 pounds.

"If I gain another 10 pounds I think I’ll still be around the same speed, the same explosiveness," he said. Maybin, last year's 11th overall pick, is currently set to compete with Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay, and Chris Ellis at outside linebacker. At 6'4/256, he'd have the look of a prototype 3-4 rusher.Source: Buffalo News

This sounds good. Hopefully Maybin will make a strong impact at LB this year. :thumbsup:

Cary Harris-DB- Bills Mar. 29 - 5:03 pm et

Bills re-signed exclusive rights free agent DB Cary Harris, TE Jonathan Stupar, LB Jon Corto, and WR Felton Huggins to one-year contracts.

All four are slated for minimum salaries, and will be on the roster bubble in training camp. Harris, a free safety/cornerback, was a sixth-round pick in 2009. Stupar had a standout preseason last year, but didn't make the team.Related: Jon Condo, Felton Huggins, Jonathan Stupar

Nothing earth shattering here, but I like how they link Jon Condo instead of John Corto. :thumbsup:

Keith Ellison-LB- Bills Mar. 29 - 4:55 pm et

Bills re-signed restricted free agent LB Keith Ellison to a one-year, $1.176 million contract.

Ellison, 26, has been an on-and-off starter at both outside linebacker positions since entering the league in 2006. Highly injury prone and a liability against the run, he'll be phased out with Buffalo transitioning to the 3-4.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Looks like a deal that won't cost much if they decide to cut him in TC

George Wilson-DB- Bills Mar. 29 - 4:54 pm et

Bills re-signed restricted free agent S George Wilson to a one-year, $1.759 million contract.

The 29-year-old converted wide receiver has emerged as one of the league's most underrated safeties. Wilson racked up a highly impressive 103 tackles last year to go with four picks and two sacks. He should be locked into the starting strong safety job in 2010, especially if Donte Whitner is traded.Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I think the one year agreement is only his tender offer. I'm pretty sure they will extend that contract out. If they do a long term contract with him before the draft it will be a very bad sign for Whitner's chances of staying in Buffalo, JMO

Tim Tebow-QB- Player Mar. 29 - 9:05 am et

The Bills had Florida QB Tim Tebow in town for a visit Sunday, according to Jim Kelly's wife.

Jill Kelly spilled the beans about Jim having dinner with Tebow on Sunday night. New Bills coach Chan Gailey is known for working with mobile quarterbacks as he utilized Kordell Stewart while in Pittsburgh and Reggie Ball at Georgia Tech. The Bills pick ninth in April's draft.Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com Related: Bills

The more I learn about Tebow the less I'm against him wearing a Bills uniform. He's extremely tough and has a Captain Kirkesque mindset about no win scenarios, for himself and his team. I trust BN and if he takes him I wont criticize the pick until two years down the road.

i am feeling the same way about tebow. at first, i was not overly impressed, but as time goes on, and i learn more, it seems he may have the intangibles to go along with the physical skills to answer our QB problem. either way, if we draft him , wont be unhappy, if not, ok also. grab somebody else.

AHHH! You guys are finaly starting to warm up to the thought if Timmy T. Like ive always thought, he may not be the best QB prospect right now, but all the guy does is win with his fired-up passion, heart and drive. Just as he's gained ground in your minds, he also is gaining ground on teams's draft boards. I hope the bills make a deal to pick up another 2nd and we scoop him there.

AHHH! You guys are finaly starting to warm up to the thought if Timmy T. Like ive always thought, he may not be the best QB prospect right now, but all the guy does is win with his fired-up passion, heart and drive. Just as he's gained ground in your minds, he also is gaining ground on teams's draft boards. I hope the bills make a deal to pick up another 2nd and we scoop him there.

i hear ya, certainly do not want to take him too early, but where is the right slot?, does he just keep falling, or has his stock sufficiently improved to warrant a 2nd, third, i, have no idea.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't 246 lbs about the same weight that Maybin played at last season? I was hoping he would report in already having gained weight.

No wonder he feels he should be running at the same speed.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, tecmo, it does sound familiar. As with others in this thread my fingers are crossed.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't 246 lbs about the same weight that Maybin played at last season? I was hoping he would report in already having gained weight.

Was thinking the same thing myself. So what did he put on, two more pounds? :thumbsup:

Say what you want about Maybin, but the guy is clearly putting in the time to get better. He was green coming out and we all knew that, but it's not like he's pulling a Marshawn Lynch or a Mike Williams and taking his money and going home. He clearly has a desire to succeed. If he fails, it won't be for lack of effort.

He was 249# at the combine. Who knows what he actually played at last year.

Say what you want about Maybin, but the guy is clearly putting in the time to get better. He was green coming out and we all knew that, but it's not like he's pulling a Marshawn Lynch or a Mike Williams and taking his money and going home. He clearly has a desire to succeed. If he fails, it won't be for lack of effort.

I agree Maybin seems dedicated to becoming the best player he can. I hope it works out.

It also seems that the Bills had to weight room plans for the players, so it was probably up to Maybin to figure out his own workout. I think the Bills will be better if only because their conditioning will be better.

Maybin was a development player, only one year starting in college, underweight, etc. Hopefully, he has the work ethic to be successful.

I like Keith Ellison, but he is probably best suited as a third down, cover linebacker.

Without some more big bodies, it won't matter who they draft at quarterback.

The more I learn about Tebow the less I'm against him wearing a Bills uniform. He's extremely tough and has a Captain Kirkesque mindset about no win scenarios, for himself and his team.

except Capt'n Kirk wasn't a virgin

i hate to keep on the Tebow subject and risk getting this thread merged into the Pin :rolleyes: but...

ive always been a big Tebow fan from watching him play down here, and even jokingly said to my friend a couple years ago "Tebow might end up being our next Jim Kelly". HOWEVER, even as a Tebow fan, I think that given the current QBs on our roster, picking him would be a mistake. He needs at least 1 season, if not a minimum of 2, to be developed. If we were to successfully trade for McNabb, then I'm all for drafting him. But if we bring him in with the schleps we have right now, he'll end up getting rushed in and his chances of failing go up.