trade and draft proposal

DOA

Trade Marshawn Lynch and Donte Whitner to San Diego for Malcom Floyd and a 4th #126

The reason for Floyd, He`s 6'5" 225 lbs and ran a 4.45 coming out of college. Started 9 games and had 45 Rec. for 776 yrds and a 17.2 yrd average TD`s could be better. He`s only 28 and in my opinion ready to become that solid #2. The more he plays the better he get`s, check out his college and pro stat`s.

College Wyoming.

MALCOM FLOYD STATS Receiving

Statistics No Yds Avg TD

2003 56 751 13.4 6

2002 27 427 15.8 3

2001 53 790 14.9 4

2000 40 340 8.5 1

Career 176 2,308 13.1 14

Pro Stat`s

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2009 San Diego Chargers 16 9 45 776 17.2 53 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2008 San Diego Chargers 13 2 27 465 17.2 49T 4 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2007 San Diego Chargers 6 1 7 97 13.9 25 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2006 San Diego Chargers 12 0 15 210 14.0 46T 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2005 San Diego Chargers 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2004 San Diego Chargers 4 2 3 49 16.3 27 1

Next trade down a few spots in 1st round and pick up an xtra 3rd.

The draft :

1.) Mike Iupati T/G Idaho.

2.) VLadimir Ducasse T/G Massachusetts.

3a.) Cam Thomas NT N.Carolina.

(note: Get your big men first)

3b.) Koa Misi OLB Utah.

4a.) Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy, Stevenson Sylvester OLB Utah, Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky.

4b.) John Skelton QB Fordham, Johnathan Crompton QB Tennesse.

5.) Marcus Easley WR Conneticut, Seyi Ajirotutu WR Fresno St, James Straks RB Buffalo, Lonyae Miller RB Fresno St.

6a.) Chris Scott T/G Tennesse, Chris Marinelli T Stanford.

6b.) Nate Bynam TE Pitt, Nathan Overbay TE Eastern Washington, Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois.

7a.) Clifton Geathers DE S.Carolina, Jeffery Fitzgerald DE Kansas St.

7b.) Linval Joseph DT E.Carolina, Travis Ivey DT Maryland.

Free agents i`d like to see brought in if available

Tim Hiller QB Wwestern Michigan, Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic.

Lamarcus Coker RB Hampton, Roy Upchurch RB Alabama.

Verran Tucker WR California, Emmanuel Sanders WR SMU.

Jeff Cumberland TE Illinois, Mickey Shuler TE Penn St.

Casey Knips OL S.Dakota St, Ramon Harewood OL Morehouse.

Alex Daniels DE Cincinnati, John Russell DE Wake Forrest.

Malcolm Sheppard DT Arkansas, Jay Ross DT E.Carolina.

George Johnson OLB Rutgers, Carl Ihenacho OLB San Jose St.

Travis Goethel ILB Arizona St, Matt Mayberry ILB Indiana.

A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno St, Nolan Carrol CB Maryland.

Arron Webster FS/SS Cincinnati, John Amaya FS/SS Nevada.

Aaron Pettrey K Ohio St.

Brent Bowden P Va.Tech.

Let me know what you think, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Well thought out, but neither Iupati nor Ducasse are likely to play LT well and I am not even sure they are

RT material. So (based on what I've read), you'd have an OL of a C and 4 Gs.

I know that some have speculated that Iupati and Ducasse might be able to move to T, but man I'd hate to

see those early picks spent on hoping that these guys from lower level colleges could move from G to T (

especially finding a LT from them).

Just my opinion. By the way, I'd have no serious problem if they think Iupati is the best player available

and want to try him at RT and if he wasn't good enough, put him back at G and move Wood or Levitre to

C. BUT, that still leave the team without a legitimate LT.

I don't understand the urge to trade Marshawn Lynch. Last year was a waste for him. It started bad with his deserved suspension and he never seemed to get off the mark when he got back. ML is a talent. What the Bills organization has to do is design an offense which will utilize his abilities. The only way to do that is to build a credible OL and get competent qb play.

I always thought the Whitner drafting was foolish. However, that doesn't mean that he isn't a good player. He shouldn't be penalized by a large portion of the fanbase because of where he was drafted. That is an organizational mistake, not his. He, like Lynch, would be a beneficiary if the line and players in front of him were upgraded and were be able to put more pressure on the qb. Again, upgrading the defense in general will make him more of a playmaker in the backfield. Whitner, as much as anyone else, wants to be with the Bills and wants to be part of its revival. Why get rid of a player with his team oriented attitude?

The Bills have been one of the worst teams in the NFL for a very long time. One of the reasons for their well earned embarrassing status has to do with not only not acquiring talent but letting them go when they eventually do get talent. This destructive process needs to stop.

Well thought out, but neither Iupati nor Ducasse are likely to play LT well and I am not even sure they are

RT material. So (based on what I've read), you'd have an OL of a C and 4 Gs.

I know that some have speculated that Iupati and Ducasse might be able to move to T, but man I'd hate to

see those early picks spent on hoping that these guys from lower level colleges could move from G to T (

especially finding a LT from them).

Just my opinion. By the way, I'd have no serious problem if they think Iupati is the best player available

and want to try him at RT and if he wasn't good enough, put him back at G and move Wood or Levitre to

C. BUT, that still leave the team without a legitimate LT.

Agree 100% LT is a priority in this draft.

I think Lynch and Whitner are worth more than an underachiving reciver and a 4th RD pick. Reguardless of what TSW feels about them Whitner and lynch have a lot of talent and alot of expierence

The trading of Whitner/Lynch never stops on TSW.

If we trade Lynch we create another hole. If we trade Whitner we weaken a strength.

I can only see trading one of these players if we get a solid starter at LT, WR, or NT in return. I am not talking about old players on the ir downside either, I am talking about young players with many years ahead.

Trading either of them for draft picks is risky.

The Chargers decided a little after the midway point in the season to plug Floyd in more. They felt that he was ready for a bigger role. I'm sure they plan on him being the #2 WR going into this year. Why would they trade the guy away? Second, I truly believe that Lynch and Whitner are going nowhere. It's a two RB league now and we have 2 good ones with complimenting styles. I, for one, think that Lynch could emerge from camp as the starter again. Add a Warrick Dunn, Leon Washington type of back in the draft and we're loaded. The only way I think we move Lynch is if we take Spiller and that would show our staff has lost all faith in Marshawn if our 1st goes to a RB. Who really knows what's going on behind the scenes with Lynch and OBD. I just hope if we do move the guy it's atleast for a 2nd, if not a late 1st, because he's young and shown he can be effective.

I think Lynch and Whitner are worth more than an underachiving reciver and a 4th RD pick. Reguardless of what TSW feels about them Whitner and lynch have a lot of talent and alot of expierence

I agree. Let's just put last year out of our mind's. It was one bad year. Marshawn is a very good back, sure he has some character flaws, but now that he stands to lose a lot of time and money for screwing up again, I think he will not mess things up. He is a workhorse. I would not want to lose him, and if we did, why would we trade him and Whitner for a third string receiver and a late 4th round pick. If we were to trade for anyone, it would be for someone far better or better picks.

In the draft senerio, you have the Bills picking Skelton. I do not see that guy being any better than Trent. Why, get another guy of that caliber. We need a starting QB. not another scrub. I do like your other picks, but I think we have to take the QB situation seriously. We need someone that jumps off the page. If we can get either Bradford, Clausen or McCoy we have to do it. If we wait, We should get LeFevour, I still think he ranks among those guys. I think Cleveland will land him. but I'd like for us to get him.

The trading of Whitner/Lynch never stops on TSW.

If we trade Lynch we create another hole. If we trade Whitner we weaken a strength.

I can only see trading one of these players if we get a solid starter at LT, WR, or NT in return. I am not talking about old players on the ir downside either, I am talking about young players with many years ahead.

Trading either of them for draft picks is risky.

This getting rid of a player to then have to replace that same departed player is a losing proposition. The Bills need to start adding talent and not merely replacing talent. Just think if the Bills were able to successfully work out the Peters's fiasco how much different and more flexibility they would have in this upcoming draft.

That trade proposal should be DOA, but it's interesting some fans continue to talk about skill positions. Taking skill guys is what has this team as weak in the trenches as they are.

Fact is, they have two options if they choose to remain at 9: OLT or NT. They have zero depth at OT and absolutely nothing at NT. OLT's will go off the board very quick, which is the case every year. With a NT, at least you have the chance of finding a Cam Thomas in the second.

All rebuilding teams (and that's what this team is) find their lineman first. But of course, the marketeers at OBD want to sell tickets, so I wouldn't be surprised if Buddy Gailey are overruled on the first or second pick and they take an offensive skill guy.

That trade proposal should be DOA, but it's interesting some fans continue to talk about skill positions. Taking skill guys is what has this team as weak in the trenches as they are.

Fact is, they have two options if they choose to remain at 9: OLT or NT. They have zero depth at OT and absolutely nothing at NT. OLT's will go off the board very quick, which is the case every year. With a NT, at least you have the chance of finding a Cam Thomas in the second.

All rebuilding teams (and that's what this team is) find their lineman first. But of course, the marketeers at OBD want to sell tickets, so I wouldn't be surprised if Buddy Gailey are overruled on the first or second pick and they take an offensive skill guy.

I strongly believe that Nix has the authority on the football side of the operations to make the personnel decisions without the interference from the marketing and finance staff. There is no doubt that under Jauron his light, quick and skill position preferences prevailed in drafting and personnel decisions. Under Nix his philosophy appears to be the opposite approach. The fact that he is going to a 3-4 defense and his talk about how no quaterback can be successful when constantly being laid out indicates that his priority is on building the lines first.

I'm confident that Nix is going to build a team which is heavier and stronger. Our offense will be less finesse and more stout. The players he drafts should demonstrate that (at least I hope so).

Trade Marshawn Lynch and Donte Whitner to San Diego for Malcom Floyd and a 4th #126

The reason for Floyd, He`s 6'5" 225 lbs and ran a 4.45 coming out of college. Started 9 games and had 45 Rec. for 776 yrds and a 17.2 yrd average TD`s could be better. He`s only 28 and in my opinion ready to become that solid #2. The more he plays the better he get`s, check out his college and pro stat`s.

College Wyoming.

MALCOM FLOYD STATS Receiving

Statistics No Yds Avg TD

2003 56 751 13.4 6

2002 27 427 15.8 3

2001 53 790 14.9 4

2000 40 340 8.5 1

Career 176 2,308 13.1 14

Pro Stat`s

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2009 San Diego Chargers 16 9 45 776 17.2 53 1 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2008 San Diego Chargers 13 2 27 465 17.2 49T 4 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2007 San Diego Chargers 6 1 7 97 13.9 25 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2006 San Diego Chargers 12 0 15 210 14.0 46T 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2005 San Diego Chargers 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2004 San Diego Chargers 4 2 3 49 16.3 27 1

Next trade down a few spots in 1st round and pick up an xtra 3rd.

The draft :

1.) Mike Iupati T/G Idaho.

2.) VLadimir Ducasse T/G Massachusetts.

3a.) Cam Thomas NT N.Carolina.

(note: Get your big men first)

3b.) Koa Misi OLB Utah.

4a.) Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy, Stevenson Sylvester OLB Utah, Micah Johnson ILB Kentucky.

4b.) John Skelton QB Fordham, Johnathan Crompton QB Tennesse.

5.) Marcus Easley WR Conneticut, Seyi Ajirotutu WR Fresno St, James Straks RB Buffalo, Lonyae Miller RB Fresno St.

6a.) Chris Scott T/G Tennesse, Chris Marinelli T Stanford.

6b.) Nate Bynam TE Pitt, Nathan Overbay TE Eastern Washington, Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois.

7a.) Clifton Geathers DE S.Carolina, Jeffery Fitzgerald DE Kansas St.

7b.) Linval Joseph DT E.Carolina, Travis Ivey DT Maryland.

Free agents i`d like to see brought in if available

Tim Hiller QB Wwestern Michigan, Rusty Smith QB Florida Atlantic.

Lamarcus Coker RB Hampton, Roy Upchurch RB Alabama.

Verran Tucker WR California, Emmanuel Sanders WR SMU.

Jeff Cumberland TE Illinois, Mickey Shuler TE Penn St.

Casey Knips OL S.Dakota St, Ramon Harewood OL Morehouse.

Alex Daniels DE Cincinnati, John Russell DE Wake Forrest.

Malcolm Sheppard DT Arkansas, Jay Ross DT E.Carolina.

George Johnson OLB Rutgers, Carl Ihenacho OLB San Jose St.

Travis Goethel ILB Arizona St, Matt Mayberry ILB Indiana.

A.J. Jefferson CB Fresno St, Nolan Carrol CB Maryland.

Arron Webster FS/SS Cincinnati, John Amaya FS/SS Nevada.

Aaron Pettrey K Ohio St.

Brent Bowden P Va.Tech.

Let me know what you think, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

I think it's nice that you spent some time conjuering up this scenario, but I also think it's a pure waste of time making trade proposals that both parties of the deal haven't expressed any interest in. Even if the Bill's have shown interest in

this fantasy (which I doubt) I doubt if San Diego has expressed interest. There aren't too many trades because if their is value to a player most of the time they don't want to give up that player unless they get at least fairly compensated

in return. A highly desirable player often demands a high-salary and over-compensation. It's different with players that are just about washed up like a Drew Blesdoe or Donovan McNabb as the team where they currently reside realizes that they

have a adequate player in reserve just waiting to replace the player on the trade block. Usually the player is older or getting older as well. With FA and the Draft there is a underwhelming need to trade for players. It happens, but this scenario doesn't have much of a chance to get off the ground from the get go. :thumbsup: