So long, Sluggalo?

Lori

Haven't checked to see if this is on SabreSpace yet (although I can safely assume that it is) ...

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/3/24/...watch-2010.html

New home, road & alternate jerseys The Sabres will be undergoing big changes to celebrate their 40th anniversary season. Their current third jersey — a throwback with some modern updates — will take over as the home jersey, as has long been rumored.

Reebok lists the Sabres' road sweater as TBD, but it will most likely be a white version of the current alternates. I also understand they'll be adding an entirely new third jersey, but I'm told it may be only for the 40th anniversary season.

Adolph Quinn pretty much stated as much back in December. Way to admit you screwed the pooch, jerk face.

Now I can actually buy a jersey and some other gear. I got a sluggalo hat for a gift once. I opened the box, saw what was in it, took it outside, doused it in gasoline and burned it until it was unrecognizable.

Shame on anyone who bought that !@#$ing abortion. Shame.

There's one possible problem here though. When a team is moving to new jerseys, the league doesn't allow them to wear a 3rd unless it is a throwback. I'm not so sure how that 3rd jersey would count as a throwback. Maybe the team can get around this by claiming that either of the first two jerseys are actually throwbacks. Either that or they can claim that that 3rd is intended to celebrate the anniversary.

Quite honestly, I don't see any purpose for a 3rd right now. Make a ton of money selling the new white jersey and then break out the 3rd when sales lag a couple years down the road.

There's one possible problem here though. When a team is moving to new jerseys, the league doesn't allow them to wear a 3rd unless it is a throwback. I'm not so sure how that 3rd jersey would count as a throwback. Maybe the team can get around this by claiming that either of the first two jerseys are actually throwbacks. Either that or they can claim that that 3rd is intended to celebrate the anniversary.

Quite honestly, I don't see any purpose for a 3rd right now. Make a ton of money selling the new white jersey and then break out the 3rd when sales lag a couple years down the road.

Maybe it's a throwback to the goat head

YES!!!! Hallalujeh!! Now we can finally make a Cup run (you don't think the hockey gods would have let a team with the slug logo touch the Cup do you?) This is OUTSTANDING!!!! Now, which jersey to buy...Miller or Myers?

Maybe the Bills will do the same? Pretty please?

YES!!!! Hallalujeh!! Now we can finally make a Cup run (you don't think the hockey gods would have let a team with the slug logo touch the Cup do you?) This is OUTSTANDING!!!! Now, which jersey to buy...Miller or Myers?

Maybe the Bills will do the same? Pretty please?

Do we really want to talk about sports gods when Philly and Boston fans have won recent sports championships?

That's not true, I think of plenty of examples of 3rds not being "throwbacks"

Ottawa (who could have thrown back to the 1927 or even 1992 jerseys), Minnesota (many were expecting a North Star themed one), Colorado (went away from their original "Colorado" text jersey for a blue version), there's plenty more too.

The 3rd jersey can be anything they want it to be. Hopefully not the goat head.

That's not true, I think of plenty of examples of 3rds not being "throwbacks"

Ottawa (who could have thrown back to the 1927 or even 1992 jerseys), Minnesota (many were expecting a North Star themed one), Colorado (went away from their original "Colorado" text jersey for a blue version), there's plenty more too.

The 3rd jersey can be anything they want it to be. Hopefully not the goat head.

No, it's a restriction on wearing a 3rd in the year that you introduce new primary uniforms. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense, but I have no idea why it is a rule.

Adolph Quinn pretty much stated as much back in December. Way to admit you screwed the pooch, jerk face.

Now I can actually buy a jersey and some other gear. I got a sluggalo hat for a gift once. I opened the box, saw what was in it, took it outside, doused it in gasoline and burned it until it was unrecognizable.

Couldn't agree more. I didn't spend one cent on any of that garbage, and thankfully my friends and family have had the common sense not to get me anything with that stupid ass logo. The Sabres were so lucky they had two of the best teams in franchise history when they implemented those uni's...Sales were through the roof because people were excited that hockey was back from a lockout, and the team was winning games. But they essentially admitted they were wrong when they put the old logo at center ice of HSBC last year.

This is some of the best news I've heard in a while. The slug is godawful, there's nothing good I can say about it.

Alright whatever, I own a sluggalo, but now I'm going to put Sluggalo on the back in place of the name as penance.

I was given a Briere Sluggalo jersey two weeks before he left the Sabres. The jersey has not seen the light of day since I removed it from its gift box.

Love the new jersey...hello birthday present! :ph34r: