No to Lefevour

Opinions of Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour's passing were reportedly "mixed" after he threw for evaluators at his Pro Day.

LeFevour didn't throw to moving targets in Indianapolis, so he needed a big day to motivate his draft stock. However, LeFevour "struggled throwing the ball downfield," which isn't surprising considering his lack of ideal arm strength. Receivers had to slow down their routes frequently to haul in his throws, with some "out-running LeFevour's deep passes altogether."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions of Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour's passing were reportedly "mixed" after he threw for evaluators at his Pro Day.

LeFevour didn't throw to moving targets in Indianapolis, so he needed a big day to motivate his draft stock. However, LeFevour "struggled throwing the ball downfield," which isn't surprising considering his lack of ideal arm strength. Receivers had to slow down their routes frequently to haul in his throws, with some "out-running LeFevour's deep passes altogether."

Practice in shorts is a lot different than playing in an actual game. Every game, inculding the Senior Bowl, DL shows up and produces. That, IMO, means a million times mor than how he looks throwing in shorts.

Practice in shorts is a lot different than playing in an actual game. Every game, inculding the Senior Bowl, DL shows up and produces. That, IMO, means a million times mor than how he looks throwing in shorts.

That make it even worse. If he can't throw a decent deep ball and lacks arm strength with no pressure, no defense, and no pads, I say NO to drafting him

Sometimes, it's hard to understand this board. If LeFevour had a huge arm, he'd be a first-round prospect. The only reason he's in the discussion in the 3rd is because of his lack of ideal arm strength. A poor pro day could drop him down to the 5th. But does that mean he's a bad pick altogether, even with one of our sevenths? No.

From about two minutes ago:

Ben (Michigan)

Who do you think will draft Dan LeFevour and in what round?

Mel Kiper

(1:14 PM)

I could see him going in the second round. He's my fourth best QB. He really helped himself in the Senior Bowl practices. He has a good enough arm. He has adequate mobility. Very smart. Loves to study film. I've compared him to Chad Pennington.

That make it even worse. If he can't throw a decent deep ball and lacks arm strength with no pressure, no defense, and no pads, I say NO to drafting him

I concur. Was hoping for a better showing than that. Ouch.

He was the best QB in the Senior Bowl. You know a game that features top college prospects.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/336393-...ners-and-losers

QB Dan LeFevour (Central Michigan, North):

As far as QB's go, the story all week was Tim Tebow this, Tim Tebow that with a little bit of Cincinnati's Tony Pike (who was decent today) sprinkled in. Truth is, I don't know how LeFevour has been overlooked for so long. He was easily the best signal caller today going 5 for 10, 97 yards and a TD. He even had a momentum swinging rushing TD. More importantly, he looked very comfortable in the pocket. This all only adds to his impressive college stats. While at CMU he passed for almost 13,000 yards. For his performance today he was given the North's most outstanding player award. Perhaps today's performance will reap more rewards come April.

Projection: He's a Bill Parcell's type QB - an accomplished four year starter. He goes between the third and fourth with huge upside.

I like gamers.

Ben (Michigan)

Mel Kiper

I could see him going in the second round. He's my fourth best QB. He really helped himself in the Senior Bowl practices. He has a good enough arm. He has adequate mobility. Very smart. Loves to study film. I've compared him to Chad Pennington.

That says it all.

Ben (Michigan)

Mel Kiper

This is why I can not stand Kiper, why the need to pigeon whole every player into some one else and Pennington of all people! Chad's a hell of a nice guy but never really did anything but throw lolli pops. I like DL and think he will be a solid QB for somebody.

This is why I can not stand Kiper, why the need to pigeon whole every player into some one else and Pennington of all people! Chad's a hell of a nice guy but never really did anything but throw lolli pops. I like DL and think he will be a solid QB for somebody.

chad led the jets to the playoffs a few times, and I think an AFC champ game, dont quote me on that though, also, pennington is currently the most accurate passer in NFL history, So if Lefevour can be like chad without the shoulder issues, im happy with that.

It's pretty amazing that all of the QB's in this draft are inaccurate, can't throw down field or make the transition to the pro-game.

Man.. you guys are so tough you'd never draft anyone.. oh.. until the 5th round maybe? LOL

chad led the jets to the playoffs a few times, and I think an AFC champ game, dont quote me on that though, also, pennington is currently the most accurate passer in NFL history, So if Lefevour can be like chad without the shoulder issues, im happy with that.

I could be too if i threw it 5 yards at a time.