Gailey wants a Scat-Back.

a scat back, in my eyes, is really just a luxury. we need to build in the trenches. lets get the big uglies this year. if we need more uglies next year, i say we get them before any scat backs again. no to the scat back and defininately no to culpepper. we've sucked for 10 years, why not take our lumps for a couple more years and build a contender... a scat back is a final piece, not a building block....

thats exactly why McCluster is so intriguing. get your OT/NT in round 1 and 2, pick Mc, and go back to the lines.

it doesnt cost a fortune.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Spiller makes it to #9. I could see Seattle taking him at #6.

If we still had Jauron and our crappy OCs then It would be a waist to draft

Spiller. Gailey, however, would know how to use him. He is a big play waiting

to happen.

Pound for pound, McCullster is the best player in this draft. He will be successful in his role wherever he goes. It's not our biggest need by far but I'd love to have him on this team.

You might be right. The problem is, he just doesn't have enough pounds.

Mark it down - it's happening. All those in denial be prepared. That quote looks to me like Gailey was telling the reporter they need another back, then realized "Uh, oh, they might realize we want Spiller" and then added "but, there's a bunch of those guys..."

There are a bunch of water bugs, but there's only one Spiller in the draft, and he'll be a Bill after pick 9. <_<

When it does happen should i say "I am Jack's complete lack of surprise" :doh:

Mark it down - it's happening. All those in denial be prepared. That quote looks to me like Gailey was telling the reporter they need another back, then realized "Uh, oh, they might realize we want Spiller" and then added "but, there's a bunch of those guys..."

There are a bunch of water bugs, but there's only one Spiller in the draft, and he'll be a Bill after pick 9. <_<

I wouldn't mind taking him at 9 (also wouldn't mind the smokescreen they want him in the event they are trying to trade the pick).

I'd almost liken it to the Titans taking Chris Johnson. They looked like a flawed team that needed some other help besides RB when they took him. There's something to be said for the impact of a guy who can take it to the house on any play.

I wouldn't mind taking him at 9 (also wouldn't mind the smokescreen they want him in the event they are trying to trade the pick).

I'd almost liken it to the Titans taking Chris Johnson. They looked like a flawed team that needed some other help besides RB when they took him. There's something to be said for the impact of a guy who can take it to the house on any play.

Look what Chris Johnson did for the Titans. A flawed team with a so-so QB - went 8-2 after their break. What a monster! If we could get even a fraction of Chris Johnson in Spiller....

If the Front Office is looking at building a team for a good number of years, and you're sitting at nine and there might be the third rated OT, the third rated DT, the thrid rated QB, or the first rated RB, LB, and NT, then what to do? If they could fix the O-line and grab Spiller, and add a WR and QB by next year, then it could be a nice offense - eventually. Still, I like the looks of Jahvid Best - same body size and speed, and could be had in second, if that is the type of player they're looking for, and they could still get a good NT or LB.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...raft-a-scatback

mentions nothing of QB. Says O-Line, D-Line, WR, RB.

Do you guys think Ole Miss RB Dexter McCluster would be a nice pick up in the later rounds? He would have to add weight so he doesn't get killed. ESPN lists him at 5'8" 165.

"I just about swallerd my tongue when I saw that little June Bug jumpin around out there on that there field...I gotta get me one of them..."

There are a bunch of water bugs, but there's only one Spiller in the draft, and he'll be a Bill after pick 9. :thumbsup:

What if Gailey announced today that he and Buddy were honestly going to pick Spiller? What would happen?