One thing Obama Care won't cover

I think we should leave the car insurance example alone. Clearly the big cat made a mistake. Let's give him time to research the next angle.

Sure, you could call it a mistake. I've just embraced the role of PPP sandal stone.

I think the mandate is ****ty, but Health Reform had to happen, and it's one component of a many-faceted Bill, a Bill we knew would be compromised (this being a major boon to the insurance industry), but since the bill, in its entirety, will prevent people going bankrupt from medical expenses, the mandate is a ****ty compromise I can live with. Live being the operative word.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, you could call it a mistake. I've just embraced the role of PPP sandal stone.

I think the mandate is ****ty, but Health Reform had to happen, and it's one component of a many-faceted Bill, a Bill we knew would be compromised (this being a major boon to the insurance industry), but since the bill, in its entirety, will prevent people going bankrupt from medical expenses, the mandate is a ****ty compromise I can live with. Live being the operative word.

How will it prevent people from going bankrupt from medical expenses?

Yeah, but why?

Why is life insurance not mandatory?

Well, for one, people will actually be awarded the insurance services they've paid for.

Who will now be awarded the insurance services they've paid for? The healthy who vastly overpay for the insurance services they receive, or the person struck with a serious disease that will end up vastly underpaying for the services they receive? What about the person that pays little or nothing and is subsidized? Look up the "law of large numbers" so that you can understand a little bit about insurance. This monstrosity, as far as I can tell is a pathway to single payer rationed healthcare. Hope you don't have to wait weeks or months for your stent or biopsy but that is the direction this bill will take us.

Who will now be awarded the insurance services they've paid for? The healthy who vastly overpay for the insurance services they receive, or the person struck with a serious disease that will end up vastly underpaying for the services they receive? What about the person that pays little or nothing and is subsidized? Look up the "law of large numbers" so that you can understand a little bit about insurance. This monstrosity, as far as I can tell is a pathway to single payer rationed healthcare. Hope you don't have to wait weeks or months for your stent or biopsy but that is the direction this bill will take us.

When the piece of legislation fails to reign in rising premiums, it will allow the liberals to say "you see, it's the insurance companies, we need a public option". When the Public option fails to reign in rising premiums then they will say "you see, we need single payer health insurance" When that fails to reign in rising medical costs, well by that time the dollar will no longer be the reserve currency of the world.

Well, for one, people will actually be awarded the insurance services they've paid for.

I don't know why you even post on this board except for the entetainment value that many of us get from your comments. When it comes to this an similar subject matter, you haven't a clue how anything that involves business or fiscal issues really works. You don't even understand how car insurance works for crying out loud.

Spend 10 years in the real world and come back to us then. Until then, ears and eyes open and mouth shut might be a good approach for you.

Man, you guys are so brave. Coming to place where everyone agrees with you then doing the ole 10 v 1 whenever anyone has a different opinion. It's awesome. But strictly from a sociological standpoint, stirring up this pot is a truly fascinating thing to behold. Thanks for the memories!

Man, you guys are so brave. Coming to place where everyone agrees with you then doing the ole 10 v 1 whenever anyone has a different opinion. It's awesome. But strictly from a sociological standpoint, stirring up this pot is a truly fascinating thing to behold. Thanks for the memories!

None of us are picking on you. I don't know why you get the impression that having a different opinion entitles you to an even argument. Not every debate is level. This one has a great deal of pros and cons on each side, but the cons on the left aren't being weighted by the amount of people against you. It appears weighted because you haven't refuted any of the arguments we've made. Because of that it seems like we're teaming up on you.

None of us are picking on you. I don't know why you get the impression that having a different opinion entitles you to an even argument. Not every debate is level. This one has a great deal of pros and cons on each side, but the cons on the left aren't being weighted by the amount of people against you. It appears weighted because you haven't refuted any of the arguments we've made. Because of that it seems like we're teaming up on you.

I'm just curious as to what sort of oozing machismo is meant to be satisified by baiting me and others who aren't so down on Health Care reform into a "debate" that 1.) is about year old and not !@#$ing worth having anymore and 2.) is one that I clearly have no interest in having, at least not here, on a god damned message board. Anyone want to fly to Chicago and have beers, I'll gladly talk it out, face to face. Otherwise this delayed-response typing **** has proven itself circuitous and dull.

Bait you? You started the !@#$ing thread, you moron.

Holy ****.

You're right, I started a thread poking fun at all the whiners and doomsdaysers among us. Please show where I intended to have the serious debate others are now calling foro.

YOU !@#$ING ASSHAT DOUCHENOZZLE TITFACE TURDBREATH DICKLESS MORON! :nana:

I'm just curious as to what sort of oozing machismo is meant to be satisified by baiting me and others who aren't so down on Health Care reform into a "debate" that 1.) is about year old and not !@#$ing worth having anymore and 2.) is one that I clearly have no interest in having, at least not here, on a god damned message board. Anyone want to fly to Chicago and have beers, I'll gladly talk it out, face to face. Otherwise this delayed-response typing **** has proven itself circuitous and dull.

Which is all well and good, except for the simple fact that you are the one baiting others to a debate that you are neither interested in having nor intelligent enough to advance.

So it's just a little disingenuous when you start a thread aimed at riling people to start a debate on a political message board, only to turn around and say it's a debate "I have no interest in having, at least not here, on a god damned message board."

I would like nothing more than to have debates of substance on issues with people from the left. Debates that include numbers, other facts or at least well founded points of view. Very few here on the left have offered any of that.

Which is all well and good, except for the simple fact that you are the one baiting others to a debate that you are neither interested in having nor intelligent enough to advance.

So it's just a little disingenuous when you start a thread aimed at riling people to start a debate on a political message board, only to turn around and say it's a debate "I have no interest in having, at least not here, on a god damned message board."

In my world, as retarded, entitled, and lazy as it is, there's very few serious debates that begin with the word "wambulance." That's just me.

When the piece of legislation fails to reign in rising premiums, it will allow the liberals to say "you see, it's the insurance companies, we need a public option". When the Public option fails to reign in rising premiums then they will say "you see, we need single payer health insurance" When that fails to reign in rising medical costs, well by that time the dollar will no longer be the reserve currency of the world.

I'm in complete agreement. This whole Obamacare bs is just a pathway to single payer, rationed healthcare. It's slight-of-hand at its deadliest.