Sign or Trade for Daunte Culpepper??

Again what can be said to a post like this, Oh I know, "Moron"

This is one of the big problems on this board. Someone who gives zero thought to what they write and just throws insults as if it were self evident that it is the case. I think the idea of getting Culpepper is wrong headed. That doesn't make the guy who suggested it a moron. Even you are not a moron by definition. You are just inconsiderate, flip and a little pr*ck. We're here talk Buffalo Bills football and to have an outlet for our opinions. What are you here for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can't be any worse than what we've got . . . at least to add to the competition. He'd cost almost nothing to sign. If he really stunk it up, then just cut him. I'm saying that it costs virtually nothing to take a look.

Based on what?

Without Randy Moss and a solid offensive line, Culpepper has been mediocre AT BEST everywhere he's played.

The only difference between Culpepper and the guys we have on the roster is there is ZERO chance that he's going to get any better.

A Daunte Culpepper signing would make some posters here sick to their stomachs. I'm not one of them. Culpepper is better than alot of other junk that's been mentioned on here as a possible QB suggestion. Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Tyler Thigen? Hass and Bulger won't make it though any NFL season in one piece again. They are both beyond brittle at this point.

Culpepper has always had a strong arm and is still fairly mobile. He has been on some really bad football teams the last several years, and hasn't had much help. Miami (when they were really down), Oakland and Detroit. Who would have looked good in those situations?? Nobody! And he seemed to be those teams best options at times.

Just remember that Culpepper was a Pro-Bowler when he was younger, albeit throwing to a young Randy Moss. But, Daunte does throw a nice deep ball. I bet Lee Evans would be all for signing him. He sure would throw deep more often than Captain Checkdown or noodle-armed Fitz.

Now, I'm not saying he'd be the answer, I'm saying he's worth a look. Our current QB situation is unacceptable. I can't imagine heading into the 2010 season with Trent or Fitz as our starting QB. The season would be anti-climactic in the sense that it'd be over before it started, for all real intents and purposes. (I read an article that said Fitz is one of the worst back up QBs around with one of the weakest arms, and lowest avg per completion the last few years. I don't even want that clown on the team. )

Has Culpepper retired? What's his status?

I wrote a post a couple of days back & mentioned Culpepper as a second option . If we were going to bring in some one in the same boat i would want to bring in Jeff Garcia , he has won every where he's been & isn't a whiner of any sort & a great leader . If were going to try to just bridge the gap until we find our next Kelley this guy gets my vote :lol: plus he wouldn't cost much !!

Bring him in on the next bus. I think he could still play and would improve our QB situation at least 2x. He's 33. Same age as Peyton Manning and one year older than Tom Brady. He would be that mobile QB that everyone is saying Coach Gailey can work miracles with.

In his last game last game2 1/2 months ago, he was 23 for 34 67.6% 262 yards 2 TDs 1 pick 97.9 rating. Not too shabby.

Then we can use all our picks on Tackles and defense.

Championship.

Bring him in on the next bus. I think he could still play and would improve our QB situation at least 2x. He's 33. Same age as Peyton Manning and one year older than Tom Brady. He would be that mobile QB that everyone is saying Coach Gailey can work miracles with.

In his last game last game2 1/2 months ago, he was 23 for 34 67.6% 262 yards 2 TDs 1 pick 97.9 rating. Not too shabby.

Then we can use all our picks on Tackles and defense.

Championship.

Most of your posts are fairly sound but this one misses the mark. Using stats from ONE game doesn't tell you a lot.

Look at his season stats for the last 5 or 6 yrs and see if you still like him.

A Daunte Culpepper signing would make some posters here sick to their stomachs. I'm not one of them. Culpepper is better than alot of other junk that's been mentioned on here as a possible QB suggestion. Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Tyler Thigen? Hass and Bulger won't make it though any NFL season in one piece again. They are both beyond brittle at this point.

Culpepper has always had a strong arm and is still fairly mobile. He has been on some really bad football teams the last several years, and hasn't had much help. Miami (when they were really down), Oakland and Detroit. Who would have looked good in those situations?? Nobody! And he seemed to be those teams best options at times.

Just remember that Culpepper was a Pro-Bowler when he was younger, albeit throwing to a young Randy Moss. But, Daunte does throw a nice deep ball. I bet Lee Evans would be all for signing him. He sure would throw deep more often than Captain Checkdown or noodle-armed Fitz.

Now, I'm not saying he'd be the answer, I'm saying he's worth a look. Our current QB situation is unacceptable. I can't imagine heading into the 2010 season with Trent or Fitz as our starting QB. The season would be anti-climactic in the sense that it'd be over before it started, for all real intents and purposes. (I read an article that said Fitz is one of the worst back up QBs around with one of the weakest arms, and lowest avg per completion the last few years. I don't even want that clown on the team. )

Has Culpepper retired? What's his status?

No why, he is nothing with out randy moss, small hands bad decision maker.

(I read an article that said Fitz is one of the worst back up QBs around with one of the weakest arms, and lowest avg per completion the last few years. I don't even want that clown on the team. )

Well hell, if an article said it then by all means, let's get that "clown" out of here. I only watched the games and thought he showed that while he's lacking the skills you'd want in a starter, that he's a very serviceable backup, as a guy that can win you some games if your starter goes down, but then I didn't read an article.

But if some half ass douche writing an article said he sucks then I guess we better listen to him.

I will never get how these posts keep coming up. I've asked it in other "What about this washed up loser QB" threads, and I'll ask it in this one:

Why on God's green earth would anyone want to see a QB who has accomplished literally nothing in terms of champoinships in his PRIME come to Buffalo and give it a go?

Have you lowered your expectations that much that you'd like to see a bum come in here and simply win a few more games? Culpepper couldn't win with 2 HOF receivers, what even makes anyone think these washed up $h1t bags have a chance of even beating the Jets?

Here's a simple guideline to follow when these QBs become available before posting:

1. How old is he?

2. What type of talent did he have to work with during his career?

3. Has he accomplished anything more than winning 1 playoff game?

4. What has he done in the last 3-5 seasons?

5. In what way would bringing in an old Vet help the future of the franchise?

6. Would you rather see this guy go 8-8 or 7-9 over developing a young draft pick or talent?

7. Will 95% of the board respond negatively?

8. Since the greatest QB in Bills history couldn't win a SuperBowl, what chance does this current free agent sack of wet

sh-- have of doing better?

9. How many other teams are considering him?

10. Why did his last employer cut him loose?

Seriously, Culpepper? I'd rather we hunt down Bruce mathison and give him a 2nd look.

Since the list of questions has been handed down from on high, I'll do my best to answer. I'm not sure I understand all of them but I'll my best.

1. How old is he?

33 Same age as Peyton Manning and 1 year older that Tom Brady

2. What type of talent did he have to work with during his career?

So, if a QB had good talent on his team it means he's not as good? I don't get it.

3. Has he accomplished anything more than winning 1 playoff game?

Boy what I wouldn't do for 1 playoff win about now! A lot of poster on here are Super Bowl or bust. I think you gotta crawl before you can walk. Let's just get competitive for the last wild card spot first and then move our sites up once we get there.

4. What has he done in the last 3-5 seasons?

No much. But his last game was good which shows he can still play. But come on, what other QB has looked good for Detroit and the Raidahs and the Fish when he was there?

5. In what way would bringing in an old Vet help the future of the franchise?

Just win baby. In the long term we're all dead. Let's just put together a team to try to win as many games THIS YEAR as we can. We can build on that next year. Our players need to learn how to win.

6. Would you rather see this guy go 8-8 or 7-9 over developing a young draft pick or talent?

Would you rather see us go 5-11 or 6-10 or 7-9 with rookies who never develop? It's been our history.

7. Will 95% of the board respond negatively?

Who cares? If 95% of the board told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it?

8. Since the greatest QB in Bills history couldn't win a SuperBowl, what chance does this current free agent sack of wet

sh-- have of doing better?

This is great. Since Jim Kelly couldn't do it, no one else can either?

9. How many other teams are considering him?

How many other teams considered Brohm? How many other teams considered signing Steve Tasker? Not sure why this matters so much.

10. Why did his last employer cut him loose?

His contract ran out and they got Stafford.

33 is not that old for a QB. Especially is he's not bunged up. I think he can still play and has something to prove. And when he steps in the huddle, there will be no question from any of the other guys if he can do and if he can win in the NFL. As much as a good QB, we now also need a leader.