Tony Washington - Abilene Christian

Thoner7

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently, its acceptable in his texas town

look on the brightside, if we draft him, we wont have to worry about him knockin up half of buffalo like travis henry

or what if we brought his sister in to be a Buffalo Jill, they would definitely be the creepiest couple at the charity functions

Git R Dun Buddy

Whether he is drafted by the Bills or not I wish him well. I believe in accountability and redemption. Sometimes people in normal situations don't understand how challenging it is to live in very chaotic environments.

Wow...This story is amazingly interesting if nothing else...

It sounds like most Scouts agree the Kid is a 1st-2nd Round Prospect (talent-wise) who has HUGE upside...If he falls into the 3rd or later Rounds it's going to be interesting to see who ends up taking a chance...Cause at that point you're getting a heck of a bargain (again...talent-wise).

The way a lot of Teams handle the temptation is to simply take the problem Prospect off their Boards completely...But I wonder how many Teams will do that with a guy who has not been in any trouble whatsoever since his lone mistake at 16 years of age?...There are FAR greater character risks in EVERY Draft than this Kid...FAR greater...

Given what I've read about Him I would have no problem with The Bills Drafting Washington early in the 3rd Round if he lasts that long...There is a decent amount of risk with all these Kids...He seems to have done all the right things and that started when he was still a teenager...I think he deserves a chance... :worthy:

Wow...This story is amazingly interesting if nothing else...

It sounds like most Scouts agree the Kid is a 1st-2nd Round Prospect (talent-wise) who has HUGE upside...If he falls into the 3rd or later Rounds it's going to be interesting to see who ends up taking a chance...Cause at that point you're getting a heck of a bargain (again...talent-wise).

The way a lot of Teams handle the temptation is to simply take the problem Prospect off their Boards completely...But I wonder how many Teams will do that with a guy who has not been in any trouble whatsoever since his lone mistake at 16 years of age?...There are FAR greater character risks in EVERY Draft than this Kid...FAR greater...

Given what I've read about Him I would have no problem with The Bills Drafting Washington early in the 3rd Round if he lasts that long...There is a decent amount of risk with all these Kids...He seems to have done all the right things and that started when he was still a teenager...I think he deserves a chance... :worthy:

You make a very potent point that he has not gotten into trouble since the incident. After eight years of responsible behavior one would think that there isn't much of a risk of him relapsing into more degrading behavior. I would be more confident drafting him and believing that he would behave in a responsible manner over having a player such as Incognito who has a history of uncontrolled emotional fury.

Well I had NFL Netwrok on counting on seeing them breaking down the Bills but it was not on. They did however had Casserly on talking about a kid named Tony Washington from Abilene Christian (D2). Casserly said he though Washington may be the most physically gifted tackle in the entire draft. He also said he spoke with a teams scout and a teams OL coach who also said he is a 1st round talent. His combine workout was excellent I guess.

The catch - he is a registered sex offender. Its not as bad as you may first think... or it may be worse. Read for yourself :worthy:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=5830

Now I dont know what happened and what didnt, but Ill forget all about it if we get a T steal in this draft. If he is as good as Okung, I want him on the team.

Why go across the street when you can go across the hall?!

Whether he is drafted by the Bills or not I wish him well. I believe in accountability and redemption. Sometimes people in normal situations don't understand how challenging it is to live in very chaotic environments.

why did you quote me to say this^^^^^?

ummm, incest is small potatoes relative to being a cokehead???

um ok :worthy:

Agreed. You do coke, you're destroying your own life. You sexually abuse some, you destroy their life.

Regardless, there's some huge issues here. And these problems don't usually go away, these people have these urges their whole life. And the younger they start, the worse they are.

Those of you with children, regardless of your status of a Bills fan or how much you want a blockbuster LT, would you accept him moving next door to you?

altho "the incident" was weird and :worthy:, it wasnt violent, and I'd hardly consider him a criminal. Hell, did he run his sister over w/ a car after, or take $20 from her?

seems his college years he's surrounded himself w/ good people, and he's stayed outta trouble.

I dont think whatever team takes him will have issues, it's his baggage, once the press goes thru it's cycle anyway.

Agreed. You do coke, you're destroying your own life. You sexually abuse some, you destroy their life.

Regardless, there's some huge issues here. And these problems don't usually go away, these people have these urges their whole life. And the younger they start, the worse they are.

Those of you with children, regardless of your status of a Bills fan or how much you want a blockbuster LT, would you accept him moving next door to you?

he plugged his own sister, why would i care if he moved next door? My kids arent his sister

I don't disagree with you but you have to read about the circumstances and understand he was a 16 year old Kid and His sister was 15...It was completely consensual and they were under an aweful lot of stress for Kids that age at that time...He's never run away from it, and never tried to excuse it...

Read the Article Posted in this thread about the whole story...The Doctor quoted in that article gives statistic that Kids who have these problems and get caught when they are young rarely carry them into adulthood...Here's the quotes:

"The fact that the offense was committed as a juvenile means the odds are in his favor. According to a report published by the National Center on Sexual Behavior of Youth, adolescent sex offenders have a 5 percent to 14 percent chance of sexual re-offenses.

Dr. Fred Berlin, Associate Professor of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and founder of the Sexual Disorders Clinic, believes that unlike adult offenders, juveniles are “highly treatable” and “rarely go on to become adult offenders.”

Here's the Link again - http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/en...usive_lineman_s

I'm not saying one way or the other...I don't have an underage daughter, but I have a young Neice...I think this is a VERY special situation...I think the Kid deserves a chance...But that's just Me...If I lived in his neighborhood I may think differently...But I doubt it... :worthy:

Except there was no sexual abuse.

Consensual incest is one of the creepiest things I can think of, especially having a sister myself. But is it truly "wrong" on a moral level?

7 years ago when he was 16. Well lets see, apperantly Washington did some homework on him and allowed him into school. Apperantly the NCAA was ok with his psych e v a l to allow him to play ball.

So if he hasn't done anything since and knows it was wrong...draft his ass.