Kyle Williams should be traded

evilcape

I love kyle williams. He is a force in the tampa 2. Too small to play NT, and not fast enough to play DE. I think the Colts could realy use him and were willing to part with a 4th (?) for McCargo back in '08. This would be a very important piece of the defensive puzzle for the Colts and a fair trade if we swap a few latter round picks. Williams, our 3rd and a 6th for Colts 1st and third. Colts get a great player for their system, and we get an excellent draft pick to use on a NT or maybe LB.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love kyle williams. He is a force in the tampa 2. Too small to play NT, and not fast enough to play DE. I think the Colts could realy use him and were willing to part with a 4th (?) for McCargo back in '08. This would be a very important piece of the defensive puzzle for the Colts and a fair trade if we swap a few latter round picks. Williams, our 3rd and a 6th for Colts 1st and third. Colts get a great player for their system, and we get an excellent draft pick to use on a NT or maybe LB.

IND might have their eye on UCLA's Brian Price.

We should hold out until they throw in Peyton Manning. He's getting kind of old and sure does make lots of money. I'll bet they are looking to rid themselves of that has-been. He could come in and hold down the QB job for a year or two while Trent develops into the next Tom Brady.

May I suggest to you to change the subject of your post to: "Marcus Stroud should be traded."

There is NO WAY you'd get the #31 pick for Kyle Williams. You might get their 2nd, but I would seriously doubt that.

Try a 5th and a conditional 3rd for next year.

Yes, I would definitely do that--basically, the Colts are giving us their #1 draft choice for Kyle Williams.

Bill Polian would do this? Only if his brain has fallen out of his head.

Another "let's get rid of one our best players" thread. Bye Lynch, so long Williams, adios Whitner, see ya Peters... We don't need these guys?

Yes, I would definitely do that--basically, the Colts are giving us their #1 draft choice for Kyle Williams.

Bill Polian would do this? Only if his brain has fallen out of his head.

Another "let's get rid of one our best players" thread. Bye Lynch, so long Williams, adios Whitner, see ya Peters... We don't need these guys?

They probably wouldn't give their 1st, but if we could get their 2nd it might be a good move.

As to the getting rid of our best players bit, the orig poster rightly qualified the statement that Williams is good, but may not really have a position in this defense.

So basically you're saying we give the Colts Williams and a 6th and we get a 1st? No way that happens...Madden 2010 wouldn't even let that through.

Sometimes as the saying goes"its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Jeff Wright was a small NT, but played the position extremely well. Williams will be a fine NT in a rotation. Hopefully the analyists are correct about Dan Williams, NT from Tennessee. He and Kyle could be the Bills version of the Williames.

I love Stroud...I'll be upset if they trade him...and Williams to...I believe they both fit a 3-4 scheme at end...even though I get trashed because apparently you have to be "this height" to be a DE and Williams is too short...but I think you get Cody or Joseph...and you got a fabulous D line in rotation....1st and 2nd down you get Williams Cody Stroud....passing downs you get Edwards Stroud Kelsay....and you can change it up as fat boys get tired...

Sometimes as the saying goes"its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog". Jeff Wright was a small NT, but played the position extremely well. Williams will be a fine NT in a rotation. Hopefully the analyists are correct about Dan Williams, NT from Tennessee. He and Kyle could be the Bills version of the Williames.

Well said. I like Kyle Williams too much to give up on him now. Sure, he doesn't fit the prototypical NT or 3-4 DE mold, but he still plays hard, giving it 100% every down, and that's the kind of guy I would want out there. I think we owe it to him to let him find a place in the defense. In fact, I would be shocked if he doesn't find a way to make it work, whatever scheme is thrown at him.

i do not subscribe to your point of view

kyle williams is a quality football player - better than good - and if one is smart - one finds a way to use quality football players

besides wouldn't be the first time a smallish nt played for the bills and did more than hold his own

Un-true assumptions.

This FO is not going to trade away our top front 7 player.