Dolphins sign Incognito- 1 year deal

Hey, whether you wanted him back or not he'll make the Fins run game even better. The'll play it off like he's in a open competition at RG but I see him winning the job easily. Watch your knees Bills defenders..........

Hmm...CIN had him in for an interview - and they have a rep for signing characters if the owner thinks there's a bargain to be had.

EDIT: And they are in the market for a guard...Bobbie Williams gave them several years' good service, but it was plain this past season that his skills were waning. He might re-sign at a reduced rate as a back-up. Great guy, BTW...very erudite.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are mulling over FLA's Maurkice Pouncey.

Edited by stuckincincy

Parcells knows exactly what he is doing. Finns run game will be NASTY. Difference is between Nix, who avoids "problem" players and Parcells, who has always taken them on confident in the knowledge that he is himself a meaner sicker nastier individual than they are.

Parcells knows exactly what he is doing. Finns run game will be NASTY. Difference is between Nix, who avoids "problem" players and Parcells, who has always taken them on confident in the knowledge that he is himself a meaner sicker nastier individual than they are.

Meh.

As much as I am a respecter of Mr. Parcells and his ability to turn chumps into contenders in a relatively short time- he is not infallible.

I.E.: He takes chances on players, too.

All that we can say about the signing is that the upside of Incognito warranted a "let's sign him and see"; despite his history of ultimately hurting the team he is playing for more than the one he is playing against.

Another point I'd like to make is that if our O line is in such a shambles, and both Nix and Whaley feel that Incognito does not at some level atleast ease some of the holes...then I feel confident that they know something that we don't.

And if nothing else, perhaps Incognito will try some stupid crap and we can re-ignite the Bills-Fins rivalry.

That would be a positive, IMO. :thumbdown:

That sucks...I personally liked what I seen from Incognito...he's a great run blocker...but we need tackles more than guards right?...so I guess can't be helped much...

I'd LOVE to see Cody push Incognito five yards into the back field and eat Ronnie Brown AND Williams in one gulp hehehehhe