Dolphins sign Incognito- 1 year deal

Or just take him at 9.....

:w00t:

Parcells knows exactly what he is doing. Finns run game will be NASTY. Difference is between Nix, who avoids "problem" players and Parcells, who has always taken them on confident in the knowledge that he is himself a meaner sicker nastier individual than they are.

Parcells doesn't coach the Dolphins.

Meh.

As much as I am a respecter of Mr. Parcells and his ability to turn chumps into contenders in a relatively short time- he is not infallible.

I.E.: He takes chances on players, too.

All that we can say about the signing is that the upside of Incognito warranted a "let's sign him and see"; despite his history of ultimately hurting the team he is playing for more than the one he is playing against.

Another point I'd like to make is that if our O line is in such a shambles, and both Nix and Whaley feel that Incognito does not at some level atleast ease some of the holes...then I feel confident that they know something that we don't.

And if nothing else, perhaps Incognito will try some stupid crap and we can re-ignite the Bills-Fins rivalry.

That would be a positive, IMO. :w00t:

What he said.

Here's some from Rotoworld; http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3291

Richie Incognito-G- Dolphins Mar. 17 - 10:13 am et

Dolphins reached agreement with G Richie Incognito, formerly of the Bills, on a one-year contract.

The Bengals and Colts were also linked to Incognito, an unrestricted free agent. If he can keep his temper under control, Incognito will likely push Donald Thomas and Nate Garner for the right guard job while upgrading Miami's already strong run blocking. Look for the deal to be incentive laden.

Source: Edgar Thompson on Twitter

Related: Donald Thomas, Nate Garner, Dolphins

Share via Facebook Share via Facebook

Richie Incognito-G - Dolphins Mar. 16 - 10:04 pm et

The Dolphins reportedly made an offer to free agent G/C Richie Incognito Tuesday, but it "didn't blow anyone away."

Talks are expected to continue on Wednesday. Though the Colts have also shown interest, Incognito shouldn't expect much guaranteed money considering his history.

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Richie Incognito-G - Dolphins Mar. 16 - 3:11 am et

After his Monday night/Tuesday meeting with Dolphins brass, free agent G/C Richie Incognito is scheduled for a phone interview with the Colts.

The Colts would presumably fly Incognito to team headquarters if they were serious about signing him. A longtime head case, Incognito wants to prove that he can "be accountable for my emotion both on and off the field."

Source: Miami Herald

Richie Incognito-G - Dolphins Mar. 15 - 12:39 pm et

The Bengals are hosting free agent G/C Richie Incognito on Monday.

Incognito has a trip to Miami lined up for Tuesday. In Cincinnati, Incognito could be an option to succeed 33-year-old free agent RG Bobbie Williams.

Source: National Football Post

Let's see;

One year deal with the Dolphins

For what is probably a pittance contract

The Colts never ended up bringing him in. Obviously Polian passed.

The Bengals didn't want hm.

The Bills didn't want him

The Rams didn't want him

27 other teams didn't even give him a call.

Anyone who can go down that list and find a reason Buffalo should have kept him is deluding themselves. The small contract, I'm assuming, is there so if/when they cut him they won't be dealt a big money hit. Cap or no cap they don't want to throw money to the wind. I'll be very interested to see what the terms are. I'm guessing this is a take it or leave it be glad we're gonna give you one more chance in this league contract.

The boo birds who call RW cheap should shudder at the thought that RW could have had a dirt cheap player but still passed. The guy must have had serious problems if RW passed on a dirt cheap player, right?

Nate Garner is a better choice to replace Donald Thomas, Incognito can say he's going to change his ways, but he has never had a season, in college or the pros, where he hasn't had anger problems. They aren't going to go away and Incognito would be best used as a back-up and let Garner get some time after a good showing last year. Someone's gonna get hurt and Incognito would be a nice replacement, but if he has too much playing time, he's gonna go back to his old ways.

From PFT:

"UPDATE: Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald writes that it's a one-year deal worth just over $1 million. He could make just over $1.25 million with incentives. It's a "prove it" deal."

The veteran minimim for a player of Incognito's experience is $595,000.

This is a pretty modest salary for a player of Richie's experience. But it's also more than he made in the last year of his contract with the Rams.

• 2 weeks later...

Link

Richie Incognito Guard 3/17/2010: Signed a one-year, $925,000 contract. The deal included a $25,000 signing bonus. Another $425,000 is available through incentives. 2010: $725,000 (+ $50,000 workout bonus + $125,000 Week 1 roster bonus), 2011: Free Agent

That is next to nothing. That contract proves, IMO, that the amount of interest in him was very, very small. I can't remember ever hearing about a 6 year vet getting a $25,000 signing bonus. Geez, Skooby's car is worth four times that much!! That right there is a huge red flag that shows how little faith they have in him being around for awhile.

Goodbye to bad rubbish.