With the 9th pick .... Dan Williams

Bell and Levitre (I know he has short arms and it is doubtful but at least in the conversation) compete for LT with Meredith a back-up for RT.

This won't work. We'd be starting with as bad or WORSE an O-line than we had last year.

If we move Levitre to LT who takes over at G?

And replacing Butler w/ Cornhole Green is a down grade.

Not to mention Wood may not be 100% to start.

The offense needs a lot more help than the D does anyway. 2 O-linement should be taken in the first 4 rounds.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see any Tennesse games and the only higlights I saw were of Berry and Lane Kiffin leaving. Every mock I see Dan Williams going to Miami to play in the 3-4 against the Bills twice a year. I say pick the anchor for the defense this year.

Mount Cody!!!! Round 2. Let the guy pack a lunch and camp out in the middle of the d-line. LOL. No running between the hash marks!!!

We need offensive lineman BADLY. Let me say that again ....we need offensive line BADLY. In the real world in this draft. I only need to look as far as the Jets to see what an awesome offensive line can do.

Stay with me for a moment... RT, LB, and DE in FA. Bell and Levitre (I know he has short arms and it is doubtful but at least in the conversation) compete for LT with Meredith a back-up for RT. That leaves QB and NT. Both Bradford and Clausen may be gone. If two or three of the best OT are gone, I think Dan Williams at NT may be the guy. The Buffalo version of the Williams brothers rotating at NT may not be a bad combination. Kyle is undersized but may be a beast on passing downs. Dan Williams seems to have the size, 6-2 325 is what I saw listed, to be the run stuffer. That leaves the second and third rounds to take a OT, QB, LB or WR.

I would be upset with this...as long as we can get a quality OT in the second....wouldn't be my first choice though...

Mount Cody!!!! Round 2. Let the guy pack a lunch and camp out in the middle of the d-line. LOL. No running between the hash marks!!!

I'm jsut terrified he won't be there in the 2nd now. That's why I wanted him to get even fatter but unfortunately, he sounds like he has trimmed up.

I really want Bulaga and possibly a QB if there is one Gailey likes, but I could live with Williams there. He and Kyle Williams would make a really nice combo. But hopefully, we find a way to get both Bulaga and Cody. That would be amazing.

I'm jsut terrified he won't be there in the 2nd now. That's why I wanted him to get even fatter but unfortunately, he sounds like he has trimmed up.

I really want Bulaga and possibly a QB if there is one Gailey likes, but I could live with Williams there. He and Kyle Williams would make a really nice combo. But hopefully, we find a way to get both Bulaga and Cody. That would be amazing.

i dont think he'll last until our 2nd pick either. might need to trade back into the late 1st.

agree w/ above posters about OT at #9, most likely Trent Williams, and Cody or Cam Thomas w/ 2nd pick.

:doh:

I didn't see any Tennesse games and the only higlights I saw were of Berry and Lane Kiffin leaving. Every mock I see Dan Williams going to Miami to play in the 3-4 against the Bills twice a year. I say pick the anchor for the defense this year.

To whomever wants to discuss this: I was looking at a draft guide by the sporting News and it critiqued all the players chacteristics. I was amazed that a player named Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech received a final grade of 8.6 and in every category this player was given the most positive comments one could receive. He didn't receive any negative comments or noted weaknesses which is rare in their analyzation of a player! They mentioned that he would be an excellent rush linebacker in a 3-4 defense. I know DE isn't our highest priority in contrast to OLT, QB, & DT/NT, but I was

so impressed by what I read about him I underlined a good deal and became really interested in him as a player. He will

likely go high in the draft, but if he were there at pick #9 I am wondering if he is a player that could help our team? I also wondered if the Bill's coaching staff has interest him seeing that many of the coaches and assistants were part of Georgia

Tech??? I've never watched more than a few minutes of any of there games and am not too familiar otherwise with this player.

No to Williams at 9. He would be Lil Donte part 2. Cody could be had late first early second.

OT may slide down the board due to Bradford maybe going to the Rams and Clausen to the Skins.

If they are off the board before the Bills pick they will have a damn good chance at getting a solid LT.

Then if you have to move up in the second to get Cody do it.

OT, NT, QB first 3 rounds.

Agreed. After speaking to Russ Lande, personally (an NFL Scout for both the Browns and Rams, now runs his own scouting website) he said Dan Willaims is a nice player, but not a big time player. He said he had Dan Williams rated as a late 1st round early 2nd round prospect. Let's remember his opinion is based on actual film study of Dan Williams, not just reading what other scouts think about the guy. I would not be happy with reaching for the 3rd, maybe 4th rated DT with the #9 pick in the draft.

I think #9 is all about Spiller. We will either trade #9 to let someone else draft Spiller or we will.

Hope you are right. Dez Bryant could also be a target for a WR needy team at #9. I am hoping the FO moves back three of four spots at least and takes best available LB, NT, OT. If a gem OT falls to #9 then go ahead and make that pick. Please no QB.

Trading back up is partially what has gotten the Bills into the sad place they are in.

to get Losman and McCargo yes.

but we traded back up last year to get Levitre, and you could almost count Woods as another trade up pick, and I think they were both good decisions.

remember, we have a whole new staff making the decisions on picks. trading back into a round isnt a bad idea as long as you are doing it to get a player who should be off the board already. not the 4th best QB and an "ok" DT, neither of which anyone else was too high on.

I'm going to have to say NO I would not be impressed with Dan Williams at nine...I know I'll catch hell for it, but did you watch tape on the guy?...he was unimpressive to me...I mean his stats are very impressive for tackle...but he rarely pushed the pocket...and couldn't get off blocks...a majority of his tackles were of two kinds...arm tackles with brute strength (because he couldn't get off blocks) or after the guy ran for five yards...I don't like him...on top of the fact he only put up impressive numbers in one year...

Cody has more of a chance to be a game changer...and Linval Joseph is IMO the BEST DT in the draft...well in our reach...Suh ir ridiculous

I'm going to have to say NO I would not be impressed with Dan Williams at nine...I know I'll catch hell for it, but did you watch tape on the guy?...he was unimpressive to me...I mean his stats are very impressive for tackle...but he rarely pushed the pocket...and couldn't get off blocks...a majority of his tackles were of two kinds...arm tackles with brute strength (because he couldn't get off blocks) or after the guy ran for five yards...I don't like him...on top of the fact he only put up impressive numbers in one year...

Cody has more of a chance to be a game changer...and Linval Joseph is IMO the BEST DT in the draft...well in our reach...Suh ir ridiculous

FINALLY! we agree completely on something today! :thumbdown:

other than i dont know much about Joseph so i cant say i agree there, but i might if i knew more about him.

No thanks on Williams at 9.

He'll be a good player I think, but in terms of value, he's more likely suited to go anywhere from the 20th pick on. I'm looking at Arizona at 26 for Williams. I also don't think there's a need to spend the 9th overall pick on a 2-down defender when you can get one in the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 4th round.

In terms of optimizing between value and need, which is what every team wants to do, Buffalo is probably looking at the #3 OT--Trent Williams from Oklahoma--if he's available (I say it's about 60/40 that he will be) or the #1 rush LB--Texas' Sergio Kindle. Both would fill a need, both were great college players, and both have played the exact position that they'd be assuming for the Bills.

I make this case based on the idea that the top 7 players, who are clearly a cut above the other first-round prospects, will be gone in the top 7 picks. Those guys are (in no particular order):

Bradford

Clausen

Okung

Bulaga

Suh

McCoy (Gerald, that is)

Berry

If you want to put an order to it, my guess is:

St. L - Bradford

Det - Suh

TB - McCoy

Wash - Okung

KC - Bulaga

Sea - Clausen

Cle - Berry

Unless Oakland takes Williams (could happen, but I'm counting on Al Davis going with combine all-star and athlete extraordinairre Bruce Campbell), we should have our pick of the best available at need positions.

This won't work. We'd be starting with as bad or WORSE an O-line than we had last year.

If we move Levitre to LT who takes over at G?

And replacing Butler w/ Cornhole Green is a down grade.

Not to mention Wood may not be 100% to start.

The offense needs a lot more help than the D does anyway. 2 O-linement should be taken in the first 4 rounds.

If Levitre moves to Tackle we better draft IUPATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm almost mad we are set at guard because of this guy