I agree with Peter King

Do any of you McNabb wannabies have a clue about what it would take for an older QB like McNabb to come into a new system to have to learn that system, with very inexperienced linemen, and new coaches that don't even know the system either, and one decent receiver on the roster.

You guys must have the mindset that because he is decent in Philly that once traded to Buffalo the entire Philly offense comes with him, it doesn't!

Don't say look at Brett Farve either, because in Minn they are running the very same offensive system he used in GB, the very same OC that he played for in GB is now running the offense in Minn.

I really don't need to worry because McNabb would take one look at the Bills offense and :) he has a no trade clause ...which in essence means he can void any trade to a team he doesn't care to go to, he is not coming to Buffalo. (thank god)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed...see Bledsoe, Drew.

Interesting note about 2002, no really great QB stood out in the draft so they went after Drew Bledsoe and got burned, then Bills went LT in the draft and got burned again by Mike Williams.

One more reason I'm hoping Nix knows what he is doing in terms of evaluating talent, draft that LT and if no QB is worthy this year... then wait for next year instead of giving up valuable picks.

That #2 for McNabb might be the starting LB or NT for the Bills for the next 10 years

I know that Andy Reid has been the one putting the breaks on any McNabb trade talk and will probably continue to do so until after the Draft. I dont think he moves for awhile, if at all.

I like your suggested picks of Bulaga (1st), Troup (3rd) and Calloway (4th), but say no to Tebow in the 3rd. I'd rather get Cam Thomas (NT) and/or the best available OLB/ILB with the 2nd and/or get McNabb for a 2nd, 5th and 6th plus Marshawn Lynch.

Interesting note about 2002, no really great QB stood out in the draft so they went after Drew Bledsoe and got burned, then Bills went LT in the draft and got burned again by Mike Williams.

One more reason I'm hoping Nix knows what he is doing in terms of evaluating talent, draft that LT and if no QB is worthy this year... then wait for next year instead of giving up valuable picks.

That #2 for McNabb might be the starting LB or NT for the Bills for the next 10 years

Did you read the piece?

I know that Andy Reid has been the one putting the breaks on any McNabb trade talk and will probably continue to do so until after the Draft. I dont think he moves for awhile, if at all.

I think they will talk before the draft.. But Your right Reid is digging his heels in.

I'm calling BS on this. The two aren't comparable. If you compare their stats, McNabb has been a far better player than Bledsoe. Really, it ain't even close.

I disagree, Bledsoe took the Patriots to the super bowl.

Think about it, if Bledsoe had stayed with the Patriots his entire career like McNabb has stayed with Philly i'm pretty sure the two would have very comparable stats.

Like I stated in an eariler post, McNabb has a "no trade" clause in his contract, which doesn't mean he can't be traded, it simply means he can choose which teams he gets traded to, he isn't coming to Buffalo!

McNabb won't be coming to Buffalo.

1. Ralph Wilson will not be bucking up for a top ten QB.

2. McNabb wants to go to a contender where he can run the West Coast offense (Minnesota) or close to home (Arizona).

We should look into Marc Bulger after St. Louis drafts Bradford.

He makes a good case:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...mmqb/index.html

Let's say we could get McNabb for a 2nd and 5th or 6th this year, plus a 3rd next year. This team hasn't had a QB in more than a decade. Why wouldn't we make that deal??

That is a waste. McNabb, if anyone watched him this year, is finished as a top QB. Why give up your future for a guy who is over the hill. Let me make even clearer. WE NEED TO DEVELOP THIS TEAM FROM THE DRAFT. WHY? BECAUSE WE HAVE INFERIOR TALENT, AND THE DRAFT IS THE BEST AND MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO ADDRESS THAT. Unfortunately the team had had no real strategy or consistent, disciplined process for doing that. But drafting McNabb is a waste of time, because this team needs 2-3 years to REALLY compete. In that time you can develop a QB, and have one on the upside of their career, not the downside. And you would have wasted a crap load of money in the process.

That's exactly why it's not a good idea to make this trade. I'm all for getting better immediately, but you can't discount the possibility that they still cannot make the playoffs with McNabb and are less able to better the team because of the picks they gave up. What about the Bears? They got Cutler and found out last year they have serious flaws. How are they going to get better? They were basically forced to spend a lot in FA on Peppers who may or may not show up and a ridiculous amount on a blocking TE that is basically a glorified 2nd string tackle. If Peppers doesn't pan out, they will be a terrible team for a while unless Cutler really turns around from last season.

That's only true if they think there is a QB worth drafting this year. If the plan is to wait until the 2011 draft - and QBs take more than a year or two to develop - then we're talking about being 4-5 years from being competitive. Sorry, but my patience has run out.

If we trade 4 picks to have a QB for 4 years max then we have lost 4 potential impact players for 5-6 years

And Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Chad Henne would disagree with the bolded statement

But they got so much value out of Bledsoe.

:wallbash:

We gave up on Bledsoe one year too early. We won 7 out of the last 9 or something like that in 2004 and had some major voodoo working. Then we decide to scrap everything and go with a rookie QB who hasn't even played in a league game yet, or not much anyway. Ranks up there as one of the Bills dumbest shots to the foot IMHO. I would have loved to see us try to build on what we had in 2004 (our last winning season) instead of blowing it up and starting over.

We gave up on Bledsoe one year too early. We won 7 out of the last 9 or something like that in 2004 and had some major voodoo working. Then we decide to scrap everything and go with a rookie QB who hasn't even played in a league game yet, or not much anyway. Ranks up there as one of the Bills dumbest shots to the foot IMHO. I would have loved to see us try to build on what we had in 2004 (our last winning season) instead of blowing it up and starting over.

Didn't help playing against a bunch of 3rd stringers that last game in 2004, and losing the game. I didn't say they should draft Lossmann... that's their problem. But three years of Bledsoe was about enough. Remember, that schedule in 2004 was against a bunch of schlubs there for a while.

Didn't help playing against a bunch of 3rd stringers that last game in 2004, and losing the game. I didn't say they should draft Lossmann... that's their problem. But three years of Bledsoe was about enough. Remember, that schedule in 2004 was against a bunch of schlubs there for a while.
Amen. Brain Dead Drew did nothing that Shane Matthews couldn't have done against those schlubs, and then he totally **** the bed against the Steelers 3rd-stringers. Dumping him after the 2004 season was one of the smartest moves of the decade, extending him after his beyond-brutal 2003 season was one of the worst. :wallbash:

2002 Bledsoe looked like an All-Pro the first half of the season... then he shirked towards mediocrity. I think 2003 was pat-pat-pat KERPLUNK, if I remember right. 2004 was kind of a mirage, but interesting season nonetheless. The Bills started carving up crappy teams. Bledsoe was an o.k. game manager, the D was quite good, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher. Running game was solid. They beat the coal miners in that last game in 2004, Bledsoe would have been on the team the following year.

It's like the Bills extending Jauron, how much cold ice water do you need thrown at you, or how many slaps to the face?

And then people wonder why the NFL Network people treat the Bills like court jesters??? Why would anyone be surprised.

I disagree, Bledsoe took the Patriots to the super bowl.

Think about it, if Bledsoe had stayed with the Patriots his entire career like McNabb has stayed with Philly i'm pretty sure the two would have very comparable stats.

Like I stated in an eariler post, McNabb has a "no trade" clause in his contract, which doesn't mean he can't be traded, it simply means he can choose which teams he gets traded to, he isn't coming to Buffalo!

He didn't take them to the SB. In fact, he had mediocre performances in both playoff games (Pitt and Jax) that year. Curtis Martin plus a good Belichick-coached defense were far more responsible.

Back to the point, however: look at their statistics and productivity. McNabb is a much better player using that standard. Plus he had a good year last year and the year before.

Because mortaging the future for an aging quarterback does nothing to help the Bills bust out of this perpetual debacle.

I wouldn't say mortgaging the future but I would say taking out a home improvement loan. What trading for a McNabb WOULD do is show to the fans and more importantly FREE AGENTS that the Bills are committed to winning and turning things around quickly. Because we don't have certain things in place and don't make big moves like this we lose out in the free agent market.

Ever wonder why when you see big name difference makers out there on the market that half of them end up going to the AFC East? It's disgusting isn't it? These teams have no fear getting big name help to make their team better.