Another shamefully blatant attempt to indoctrinate school children&#33

I suppose you were expecting another Obama speech?

Conservatives and religious leaders rewrite text books in Texas.

All the right-wingers with their panties in a wad over Obama speaking to school kids have no issue whatsoever taking the word "Democracy" out of descriptions of of our government or pimping Creationism.

PTR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just the ones with wadded panties. I'm sure you are a very reasonable person who does not throw names like "communist" and "fascist" around lightly.

PTR

Considering I'm far from "right winger", am agnostic, and don't think government has any place in education...

I just don't like the tossing around of the word "all".

I didn't read the article past the "they took out Democratic" and substituted "Constitutional Republic". Whoa. That's huge. Or not.

Considering I'm far from "right winger", am agnostic, and don't think government has any place in education...

I didn't read the article past the "they took out Democratic" and substituted "Constitutional Republic". Whoa. That's huge. Or not.

Then you missed the part about excluding "hip-hop" as an example of a significant cultural movement.

So !@#$ing whacked on so many different levels.

Then you missed the part about excluding "hip-hop" as an example of a significant cultural movement.

So !@#$ing whacked on so many different levels.

Ha, but country music is included. The only effect country music has had on me is to make me hate southern drawls and people who call pickup trucks "pick-me-up-trucks."

Ha, but country music is included. The only effect country music has had on me is to make me hate southern drawls and people who call pickup trucks "pick-me-up-trucks."

And that's one of the levels of wrongness - why the !@#$ are they teaching music appreciation in !@#$ing history class? :censored:

All the right-wingers with their panties in a wad over Obama speaking to school kids have no issue whatsoever taking the word "Democracy" out of descriptions of of our government or pimping Creationism.

PTR

Just curious; why do you have an issue with them replacing "democracy" with "constitutional republic?"

I suppose you were expecting another Obama speech?

Conservatives and religious leaders rewrite text books in Texas.

PTR

From that story, I don't see it as that bad. On the topic of political movements, including people who "follow the laws of nature" and "God" doesn't seem like a stretch. The US is NOT a Democracy but a Constitutional Republic so that's accurate. The other issues like BC vs BCE is a "who cares?" They Board is right to not include hip hop as a cultural movement worth mentioning in !@#$ing history class.

That defense is brought to you by someone who despises public schools and is always ready to fight the religious nutcases. I see this article like so many lately--trying to create controversy where there is none.

So does this mean that you're going to go back and critique the numerous posts you've made using the term all in reference to Liberals? (i.e. All you st**id F***ing Liberals, You Liberals are all alike, etc.)

I'm just askin'...

So does this mean that you're going to go back and critique the numerous posts you've made using the term all in reference to Liberals? (i.e. b]All you st**id F***ing Liberals, You Liberals are all alike, etc.)

I'm just askin'...

I'm sure Mr. Limbaw aka Darin will ask you to find a smart liberal first.

So does this mean that you're going to go back and critique the numerous posts you've made using the term all in reference to Liberals? (i.e. b]All you st**id F***ing Liberals, You Liberals are all alike, etc.)

I'm just askin'...

You mean because they aren't? :thumbsup:

Libertarians are pretty much the opposite of liberals. Do you really need that explained?

You mean because they aren't? :thumbsup:

Libertarians are pretty much the opposite of liberals. Do you really need that explained?

Nah, I just wanted to watch you throw another example of your blatant hypocricy out for everyone (Except you & the members of the VRWCJ) to see.

Apparently in your world saying "all conservatives think this way" or "all libertarians are whatever" is painting with an overly broad brush because those statements are obviously demonstratively ludicrous generalizations.

But saying "all liberals (or progressives) are whatever" is just stating the obvious. Because everyone knows that while conservatives and libertarians are individuals who are capable of independent thought and have differing opinions on a variety of subjects, liberals are just a bunch of mindless, faceless, clones who have their opinions fed to them by the Pelosi & Moore Mind Control System.

Just reinforcing reason # 347 of why it's insane for anyone not in lockstep with you and the VRWCJ to post more than the ocasional jibe on PPP.

Nah, I just wanted to watch you throw another example of your blatant hypocricy out for everyone (Except you & the members of the VRWCJ) to see.

If you fall under my liberal definition, there's no "hypocricy" to it. Try, with all your might, to understand the difference.

Apparently in your world saying "all conservatives think this way" or "all libertarians are whatever" is painting with an overly broad brush because those statements are obviously demonstratively ludicrous generalizations.

Promo and I have a long history. I'm pretty sure I explained myself quite well.

But saying "all liberals (or progressives) are whatever" is just stating the obvious. Because everyone knows that while conservatives and libertarians are individuals who are capable of independent thought and have differing opinions on a variety of subjects, liberals are just a bunch of mindless, faceless, clones who have their opinions fed to them by the Pelosi & Moore Mind Control System.

Which is probably why I don't smash rk, wacka, etc? Right? Or not.

It's probably also why I don't vote for Democrats OR Republicans and am not a member of the Libertarian "party". The fact of the matter is the adage "a person is smart but people are stupid" should be drilled into everyone's head at a young age. Once you get indoctrinated into just about anything of size, you lose your ability to reason rationally.

Just reinforcing reason # 347 of why it's insane for anyone not in lockstep with you and the VRWCJ to post more than the ocasional jibe on PPP.

Lockstep? That's pretty funny. Somehow I doubt that your inability to post more than an "ocasional" jibe here has anything to do with that. Much more likely that you don't want to expose your beliefs to the ridicule they likely deserve, swabby.

If you fall under my liberal definition, there's no "hypocricy" to it. Try, with all your might, to understand the difference.

So you painting one group with a broad brush is not hypocritical, but someone else doing the same to the group you identify with is hypocritical.

See, I understood perfectly.

Promo and I have a long history. I'm pretty sure I explained myself quite well.

Which matters, why?

Which is probably why I don't smash rk, wacka, etc? Right? Or not.

Oh Yeah, Your annual smackdown of something helplessly and hopelessly idiotic posted by one of the resident idiots proves just how "Fair and Balanced" you are.

Jeesh, how could I have missed that Mr. Hannity?

It's probably also why I don't vote for Democrats OR Republicans and am not a member of the Libertarian "party". The fact of the matter is the adage "a person is smart but people are stupid" should be drilled into everyone's head at a young age. Once you get indoctrinated into just about anything of size, you lose your ability to reason rationally.

Which has exactly what to do with anything we're talking about?

Lockstep? That's pretty funny. Somehow I doubt that your inability to post more than an "ocasional" jibe here has anything to do with that. Much more likely that you don't want to expose your beliefs to the ridicule they likely deserve, swabby.

Or it could just be the fact that I'd rather read and laugh than continually argue against blatant distortions of whatever I've posted or nonsensical strawman attacks thrown up by some retired Air Farce Dependent and his devoted followers in the VRWCJ.

So you painting one group with a broad brush is not hypocritical, but someone else doing the same to the group you identify with is hypocritical.

See, I understood perfectly.

I don't identify with "conservatives".

Which matters, why?

Because.

Oh Yeah, Your annual smackdown of something helplessly and hopelessly idiotic posted by one of the resident idiots proves just how "Fair and Balanced" you are.

Why exactly am I supposed to be "Fair and Balanced"?

Jeesh, how could I have missed that Mr. Hannity?
Or it could just be the fact that I'd rather read and laugh than continually argue against blatant distortions of whatever I've posted or nonsensical strawman attacks thrown up by some retired Air Farce Dependent and his devoted followers in the VRWCJ.

Let's look at the two quotations back-to-back. Yeah, I'm the hypocrite who uses nonsensical strawman attacks.

Someone swallowed way too much sea water.