Donovan McNabb

Lets offer Philly that we swap our frist rounders for McNabb

We then draft Charles Brown, OT, USC with Philly's 24th pick

Then use our second to draft Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

then our third on Sean Lee, ILB, Penn State or Tyson Alualu, DT, California

Just a pipe dream

Considering Philly has been reported to be looking for a first round pick and some change, why on earth would you think they would trade him for us by just swapping picks? If this could be done, it would have already happened.

If we swap first roud picks with them, it would take at least our 2nd rounder this year and probably our 2nd rounder next year or at the very least would include this years 2nd and a 3rd this year or next.

Just a pipe dream

then when we go 7-9 and he retires and our draft pick puts us out of range to get a top flight QB prospect and were stuck in the same mess we have been because of signing used veterans like this then where do we go.

Considering Philly has been reported to be looking for a first round pick and some change, why on earth would you think they would trade him for us by just swapping picks? If this could be done, it would have already happened.

If we swap first roud picks with them, it would take at least our 2nd rounder this year and probably our 2nd rounder next year or at the very least would include this years 2nd and a 3rd this year or next.

Going from 24 to 9 is worth a late first rd pick.. Its like 600 points on the famous draft value chart. I'd swap seconds and give them a roster player (assuming they'd be interested in Schoebel or Whitner, which they most likely would not be)

draft value chart link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Actually the exchange would be equivelant to the 30th pick in the draft.

Just a pipe dream

Don't we have enough crappy Penn State linebackers yet? Does Lee have beautiful hair?

Are you high? Have you watched McNabb play the last few years? Some of the fans here have a way over-inflated opinion of McNabb. I don't know if it's the Syracuse Western NY thing or not, but it really scares me. You should know better Alpha.

McNabb hasn't been a really good QB since the Superbowl season five years ago. Right now he's an older guy who has all the appearances of being someone on his last legs and he'll be the type of player who's play will quickly nosedive from the now just above average level he's currently at.

I give him one (two at the most) more seasons before he's reduced to being a full time clipboard holder/mentor. Dude is no where near worth flipping back to the back of round one. Are you kidding me with this stuff????

The Bills should offer no more than a third for a short shelf-life slightly above average guy like McNabb. One last thing, the dude flat out sucks in the big games.

if the eagles move up in the draft, they want eric berry or one of the DT's

is a draft this deep, it doesnt make a difference to them to draft 9 or 24, their glaring needs are DE, LB, S, RB to compliment mccoy.

there is no stud DE or LB, you can get a very high end LB at 24 or DE. the cant miss safety is eric berry and he wont be there at 9 and neither will mccoy or suh.

then when we go 7-9 and he retires and our draft pick puts us out of range to get a top flight QB prospect and were stuck in the same mess we have been because of signing used veterans like this then where do we go.

+1 You actually get the biggest point of how to rebuild a bad team :thumbsup:

Going from 24 to 9 is worth a late first rd pick.. Its like 600 points on the famous draft value chart. I'd swap seconds and give them a roster player (assuming they'd be interested in Schoebel or Whitner, which they most likely would not be)

FWIW, a number of mocks have the Eagles looking for a safety in the first, and you know who their new secondary coach is. Maybe they would be interested in Whitner.

When Jeff Feagles punts for the Eagles I like saying "Oh look, it's Jeff "Philadelphia" Feagles.

When Ryan Longwell attempts a field goal, I like to announce "The snap...the putdown...the kick is on it's way...it's long...and it's well!!!"

FWIW, a number of mocks have the Eagles looking for a safety in the first, and you know who their new secondary coach is. Maybe they would be interested in Whitner.

Or maybe Eric Berry.

But I don't want McNabb at any price at this time. He's clearly on the downside of his career. He looks more tentative and unsure of himself in the pocket. It seems like there are more and more games in which he never seems to get untracked. Also, it seems like he's being plagued by accuracy issues more often. He used to be a very accurate passer and he used to ad-lib very nicely and make plays with his legs. He used to play like a point guard. I think McNabb is losing his confidence.

Just a pipe dream

I just can't get that picture out of my mind of Cody with the man boobs. I don't want him. To be in such bad shape at a young age, how likely is he to stay motivated to stay in shape as a Pro making big bucks? Could be a guy who constantly battles weight issues.

Ok... So we swap first rd picks and send them Whitner for McNabb and a 5th.... Ok... Call Buddy

F&ck! Thank you!

Just a pipe dream

Charled Brown played for USC. So far, I haven't seen to many USC players other than Cushing make a real impact the past 5-6 years, so pass on him. Cody is fine in the 2nd. No thanks to Sean Lee. He comes from another program that hasn't been producing stars either. Sure, he tackles well, but he is a poorer man's version of POZ.

I don't Philadephia would be interested, but I appreciate your thought.