• The Dark Side of the Moon
    • Wish You Were Here
    • Animals
    • The Wall
    • The Final Cut
    • Works
    • A Momentary Lapse of Reason
    • other

I'd go Final Cut but Dark Side is a very, very close second. The first 3/4 of FC is awesome. I can do without "Not now John" and "Two suns in the sunset" though.

For me the best Gilmour guitar solo is on the "Final Cut"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFjvQaj4mk

I agree...the Final Cut is an amazing album. I consider it to be very much underappreciated, likely due its release around the same time the band split up and the fact that it wasn't followed by any real promotion and no tour. Not a lot of people know that Richard Wright quit the band (Roger might say he was sacked) and did not contribute to this album. I find Roger's voice and Dave's guitar work to be at their best on FC.

That being said...I'd have to give the light edge to Dark Side. Someone mentioned it being a very balanced album and I agree. Great Gig and Us and Them are two amazing songs.

My third choice would be Obscured by Clouds. I was very happy to see Dave play Wot's...Uh the Deal on his last tour (saw him at Radio City). I consider it an honor to have been so fortunate to have seen the late Mr. Wright on keyboards that evening.

I saw PF twice at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto on their '86/'87 tour and then again at Giants Stadium in '94. Good shows each. I did also see Roger a few years ago at the Izod Center at the Meadowlands and love...LOVED that show.

What an amazing band... :devil:

Me too, but Dark Side of the Moon is the best overall, IMO.

I really don't like The Wall much at all, although Comfortably Numb is terrific, and there are a few decent songs. Another Brick in the Wall is horrendous enough to disqualify that as the best album, though. Maybe if they had gassed the kids before recording it wouldn't grate on me so much.

BTW, kudos to the big Pink for winning their lawsuit against EMI:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/c...?nclick_check=1

I think Hey You is an excellent song as well.

Can't say that I have a fave, one month it's Animals, another Meddle, another Obscured By Clouds... Anything they did together before Waters split is fine with me.

Look around out there and you'll find some interesting stuff such as a Video Anthology of Pink Floyd (3 DVDs). My personal fave that took me a long time to get was the surround sound (DVD) of DSoTM (quad instead of 5:1 because that's how it was recorded back then so no center speaker). Though you may have heard it a gazillion times on other media, listening to it in this format was like a new experience. Rumor has it that Parsons was miffed when he was not asked to help with the 30th anniversary re-release so he took his copy and made it available.

I have looked everywhere and spoken to Floyd Freaks throughout this world and cannot find a copy of Floyd on The Pat Boone Show. One of Syd's last 'performances' - if you want to call it that. The Live at Pompeii - Director's Cut is another good DVD that I recommend for Floyd fans.

FYI - It appears Roger is going to bring the Wall again on tour, starting late this year from what I've seen. Technology has improved so he can afford to do it.

I saw Pink Floyd at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto in 1994.....while it was late in their run, it was still a great show...

I saw them there in '88 (Momentary Lapse of Reason tour).

I voted for Animals, mostly because I'm not tired of every song like I am on WYWH, DSOTM, and The Wall.

I don't have a fav either. Love virtually all of them -EXCEPT The Wall.

I have to agree with this...ABITW II was a god awful song...can't stand it...CN is an all time favortie song though...

DSOTM...is an amazing album and one of the best all time...just too overplayed...

Animals is a great album...Gilmour's guitar work is amazing on that record...Dogs is a masterpiece IMHO....

I figured Dark Side would get the most play, but in my mind, Animals is the ultimate Pink Floyd album. It just isn't even close.

The best guitar work EVER by David Gilmour and the most inspired lyrics of any Floyd song on "Dogs". Just a fantastic album start to finish.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

He makes me down to lie

Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by

With bright knives he releaseth my soul

He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places

He converteth me to lamb cutlets

For lo, he hath great power and great hunger

When cometh the day we lowly ones

Through quiet reflection and great dedication

Master the art of karate

Lo, we shall rise up

And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water...

Sheep