Free Agency Losers

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look how bad we have fallen. It's pretty bad when a former Buffalo News Journalist lists you as the Number 1 loser in Free agency. He is clearly right however. Tim Russert would be so-pissed right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Exactly who is out there to throw money at in free agency? Teams built through the draft with the occasional FA thrown in are usually the teams playing in late January, not the teams that try and win the Super Bowl in March by signing big name FA's ho never seem to live up to the hype. How many FA's have the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, and Saints signed this year? Yeah they have fewer holes, but they also know at the end of the day signing a bunch of guys from other teams is usually not how you win in the NFL.

For those that don't feel like reading the entire thing:

Losers

1. Buffalo Bills: New general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey aren't exactly off to a scintillating start in giving long-suffering Bills fans any hope that their regime is going to bring an end to a 10-year postseason drought. It's true that the Bills have far too many needs than can be fixed in one offseason, but they are conspicuous by their relative inactivity beyond signing not-so-special, free-agent offensive tackle Cornell Green. Green could be a starter for the Bills, but that's less a reflection of how good he is than a sign of how desperate the Bills are for offensive line help. This team clearly seems focused on keeping its costs down -- which every team is able to do without a spending floor in place -- and doing everything it can to get better through the draft.

Loser in free agency? OK... so what players out there are going to make a significant impact on the Bills, and at what price??? I don't see a whole lot of low hanging fruit out there. What I see is a bunch of retreads, players that are clearly beyond the prime, and injury riddled, marginal street free agents. This year's crop of free agency is a joke. I don't blame the Bills for passing.... except, Cornell frickin Green??? WTF? why bother? He's just filling a spot until some 5th round draft pick takes it away from him in training camp.

Look how bad we have fallen. It's pretty bad when a former Buffalo News Journalist lists you as the Number 1 loser in Free agency. He is clearly right however. Tim Russert would be so-pissed right now.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

he (and you) are sooo wrong it is pathetic - and i'll tell you why.

wow where to start - this is the worst fa "class" in recent memory - first of all the talent of available players is not great - secondly the cba restrictions have drastically limited what teams "would" do and now what they "cannot" afford to do - thirdly there are so many other teams that have not done anything yet - and some of them are in truly worse shape than we are

now to get the the real meat of the concern here - idiots write things like that to get a raise out of who they are targeting - in this case the bills - why? well nix blasted one of their own (that pos sully-in-your-pants) in a presser and this a part of the pay back - don't expect to see anything good written or said about the bills by the media because of that - period! get over it - and accept that is the way it's going to be - i can live with it because i couldn't care less what they say anyway

continuing on - they write things like that so people will enable their poor professionalism by posting about it and trying to make it look like they are right - they aren't.

which brings me to my last point - because you bought in on this and had the shear brazenness to use tim russert's name to further your misguided post - you should be ashamed of yourself. in fact you do not deserve to use tim russert's name period - he would have seen it for what it is and not even given it a second thought!

Like most things the truth is somewhere in the middle. Sure, there are/were very few blue chippers in this FA class. But this team has needs! Lots of them. To not bring in more veteran presence/depth is asking an awful lot of this administration when it comes time to draft. Very few teams get the draft right and at this point the Bills are banking on hitting the ball out of the park in April come draft time. Not just this season, but next season as well. Hope they can do it.

The fact that FA is still fairly young is the only reason that I'm not going the Chicken Little route right now. But if they just end up scraping the bottom of the barrel during FA then I'm going to have to assume that what I thought was going to be a gradual re-building is going to actually be really, really slow. I don't know too many teams who's fanbase and ownership will stomach 3-5 years under the same leadership without notable progress.

wow where to start - this is the worst fa "class" in recent memory - first of all the talent of available players is not great - secondly the cba restrictions have drastically limited what teams "would" do and now what they "cannot" afford to do - thirdly there are so many other teams that have not done anything yet - and some of them are in truly worse shape than we are

now to get the the real meat of the concern here - idiots write things like that to get a raise out of who they are targeting - in this case the bills - why? well nix blasted one of their own (that pos sully-in-your-pants) in a presser and this a part of the pay back - don't expect to see anything good written or said about the bills by the media because of that - period! get over it - and accept that is the way it's going to be - i can live with it because i couldn't care less what they say anyway

continuing on - they write things like that so people will enable their poor professionalism by posting about it and trying to make it look like they are right - they aren't.

which brings me to my last point - because you bought in on this and had the shear brazenness to use tim russert's name to further your misguided post - you should be ashamed of yourself. in fact you do not deserve to use tim russert's name period - he would have seen it for what it is and not even given it a second thought!

I say bravo to you sir.

Thank you.

So this article is "payback" for Nix's lame lashing out at the press for calling him on his silly claim that he was getting 15 calls a day from guys looking to coach the Bills?

Maybe you should take pause before you call others "idiots". And lay off the "I Can Read" large font.

Exactly who is out there to throw money at in free agency? Teams built through the draft with the occasional FA thrown in are usually the teams playing in late January, not the teams that try and win the Super Bowl in March by signing big name FA's ho never seem to live up to the hype. How many FA's have the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, and Saints signed this year? Yeah they have fewer holes, but they also know at the end of the day signing a bunch of guys from other teams is usually not how you win in the NFL.

Joey Porter....throw the house at him.

Seriously? We are still linking to crap like that and even giving it a second thought? BTW Dallas hasn't done ****, neither has MANY teams. Hell Carolina is throwing guys off the boat left and right!

Why you guys still give a **** what anyone in the media says is beyond me.

So this article is "payback" for Nix's lame lashing out at the press for calling him on his silly claim that he was getting 15 calls a day from guys looking to coach the Bills?

Maybe you should take pause before you call others "idiots". And lay off the "I Can Read" large font.

What on earth is silly about that assertion? I would be shocked if the number of phone calls wasn't higher. Bash the Bills all you would like, but with the number of unemployed coaches out there (big name and the no names alike) I have no doubt they were fielding at least this number of calls a day. Save the "Bills suck" "Bills are a joke" rhetoric because there are only 32 of these positions available and a lot more candidates that that vying for them. Regardless of what you think about the state of the Bills, to be a HC in the NFL is still a coveted position, WITH ANY TEAM. One that immediately makes you worth millions more...

The press were downright dumb in the instance.

PS. Really, who cares about his font size?

What on earth is silly about that assertion? I would be shocked if the number of phone calls wasn't higher. Bash the Bills all you would like, but with the number of unemployed coaches out there (big name and the no names alike) I have no doubt they were fielding at least this number of calls a day. Save the "Bills suck" "Bills are a joke" rhetoric because there are only 32 of these positions available and a lot more candidates that that vying for them. Regardless of what you think about the state of the Bills, to be a HC in the NFL is still a coveted position, WITH ANY TEAM. One that immediately makes you worth millions more...

The press were downright dumb in the instance.

PS. Really, who cares about his font size?

I'm not bashing the Bills, so calm the f**k down.

We've already heard from many of the "unemployed coaches" and they didn't want the job.

If you want to believe that Nix was fielding more than 15 calls a day, yet he only interviewed, what, 2 guys (one who he just fired!)---go ahead.

The claim that the press is out to get Nix because of that goofy press conference is just dumb.

That's all I'm saying, so relax.

I'm not bashing the Bills, so calm the f**k down.

We've already heard from many of the "unemployed coaches" and they didn't want the job.

If you want to believe that Nix was fielding more than 15 calls a day, yet he only interviewed, what, 2 guys (one who he just fired!)---go ahead.

The claim that the press is out to get Nix because of that goofy press conference is just dumb.

That's all I'm saying, so relax.

K. I'm calm now. But we don't know with any certainty that these coaches didn't want to job. Ultimately you and I only know what the media reports to us. I bet they interviewed more than 2 guys.