Ok What are you listening too?

njsue

Dumb Question time...

Darin, I know there is some area in Alaska where it is daylight (or at least somewhat light out) 24 hours a day for a certain period of time. A few questions:

What is that called again?

Do you live in an area that experiences that (or is it all of Alaska)?

How confused do the roosters get?

Thanks

Steve

134104[/snapback]

The area above the Arctic Circle (about 350 miles North of me) is now experiencing complete darkness (started last week) and will until the middle of January.

Today our sun will rise about 9:30AM and set at about 4:00PM. We'll continue to lose a minute or two per day until December 21st, when it turns around and we start gaining time.

In the summer, we get about 20 hours per day of sunlight and the sun truly never sets (it gets dusky). Pretty awesome and you don't need more than 4-5 hours of sleep.

I live in a city of 275,000 people. No roosters. My dogs get kinda depressed in the winter if they don't get plenty of exercise.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The area above the Arctic Circle (about 350 miles North of me) is now experiencing complete darkness (started last week) and will until the middle of January.

Today our sun will rise about 9:30AM and set at about 4:00PM.  We'll continue to lose a minute or two per day until December 21st, when it turns around and we start gaining time.

In the summer, we get about 20 hours per day of sunlight and the sun truly never sets (it gets dusky).  Pretty awesome and you don't need more than 4-5 hours of sleep.

I live in a city of 275,000 people.  No roosters.  My dogs get kinda depressed in the winter if they don't get plenty of exercise.

134122[/snapback]

You live in a city of 275,000 people? Holy crap. I know it sounds KzooMike, but you just don't picture that when you think of Alaska... Where are you? Juneau only has about 30,000... anyway, if for nothing else, Alaska brought one of my all time favorite TV shows: Northern Exposure. Man, I wish they had that on DVD.

You live in a city of 275,000 people? Holy crap. I know it sounds KzooMike, but you just don't picture that when you think of Alaska... Where are you? Juneau only has about 30,000... anyway, if for nothing else, Alaska brought one of my all time favorite TV shows: Northern Exposure. Man, I wish they had that on DVD.

134129[/snapback]

Anchorage. We have all the same things that Lower 48 cities of similiar size offer (except taxes). Plus, we're right outside of Alaska. :lol:

I have a Jackson PS-2 guitar.  I turned the middle pickup off and installed a George Lynch Screaming Demon pickup on it.  It has a small 24 fret fretboard which I really like.  I am a big fan of Kerry King from slayer and need something i can play fast.  I play through a Marshall and have an array of pedals.  Basically, I have it set up for a Van Halen I or Randy Rhodes type of sound. Heavy on the overdrive and use a chorus to give it a bigger feel.  I use a phase shifter on all my solos.

134105[/snapback]

Cool. I have a couple Les Paul Custom's that I plug straight into a Marshall JCM 800 2203. Nice, simple and loud. I use the full stack live, but break it down so I have a 1960B on either side of the stage. Used to have a bunch of pedals, but they tend to get in the way live (Crybaby, Rat, chorus: pain in the ass buying 9-volts or looking for the adaptors, not to mention the beer kept mucking'em up). I do use the Rat pedal in the studio, though.

Filter

Short Bus CD

Hey man nice shot.

134013[/snapback]

I found this after using GG's cool site:

Filter: Hey Man, Nice Shot

This is about Budd Dwyer, who was the Pennsylvania state treasurer. He was tried and found guilty of racketeering, bribery, fraud, and conspiracy. On January 22, 1987, he called a press conference where he pulled out a gun, put it in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. He died instantly as cameras rolled and people in the room screamed. At least one TV station ran the footage on their local news.

FilterHey Man, Nice Shot

This is about Budd Dwyer, who was the Pennsylvania state treasurer. He was tried and found guilty of racketeering, bribery, fraud, and conspiracy. On January 22, 1987, he called a press conference where he pulled out a gun, put it in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. He died instantly as cameras rolled and people in the room screamed. At least one TV station ran the footage on their local news.

134225[/snapback]

Man, I love the riff in that song.

FilterHey Man, Nice Shot

134225[/snapback]

That video is all over the net. Its very disturbing

FilterHey Man, Nice Shot

134225[/snapback]

Great song.

It was rumored to be about Kurt Cobain when it was released, which pissed off a lot of alternative fans at the time.

But no, its about Budd Dwyer.

Prepare to be horrified into a coma.

FilterHey Man, Nice Shot

134225[/snapback]

I was working in York, PA :flirt: when that happened. Quite the furor ensued when a morning rerun of Webster was interrupted for the live report; poor kids who liked Emanuel Lewis never saw anything like that before. :doh: I never saw it when I got home on the 6 o'clock news, they only played the audio. You can also see a brief clip of Budd in Bowling for Columbine.

Sugar Magnolia > Scarlet Begonias > Men Smart, Women Smarter > Ship Of Fools

Rich Stadium 7/16/90

Copying everything from my list over to iTunes, at least trying to. Need tunes to take to Seattle this weekend.

Pulled the revolver out of a manilla envelope, IIRC.

134291[/snapback]

Yep. He had give out some envelopes to staff members, then he pulled the gun out of the envelope he had. I remember him saying something like, "stay back, this could hurt someone.." just before he put the gun in his mouth and shot himself.

Yep.  He had give out some envelopes to staff members, then he pulled the gun out of the envelope he had.  I remember him saying something like, "stay back, this could  hurt someone.." just before he put the gun in his mouth and shot himself.

134294[/snapback]

I remember that video...pretty sick. He bled out in no time.