Ok What are you listening too?

njsue

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barely.  It's 8:30 here.  Still working on first cup of java.

134102[/snapback]

Dumb Question time...

Darin, I know there is some area in Alaska where it is daylight (or at least somewhat light out) 24 hours a day for a certain period of time. A few questions:

What is that called again?

Do you live in an area that experiences that (or is it all of Alaska)?

How confused do the roosters get?

Thanks

Steve

What kind of set-up do you have?

134075[/snapback]

I have a Jackson PS-2 guitar. I turned the middle pickup off and installed a George Lynch Screaming Demon pickup on it. It has a small 24 fret fretboard which I really like. I am a big fan of Kerry King from slayer and need something i can play fast. I play through a Marshall and have an array of pedals. Basically, I have it set up for a Van Halen I or Randy Rhodes type of sound. Heavy on the overdrive and use a chorus to give it a bigger feel. I use a phase shifter on all my solos.

Dumb Question time...

Darin, I know there is some area in Alaska where it is daylight (or at least somewhat light out) 24 hours a day for a certain period of time. A few questions:

What is that called again?

Do you live in an area that experiences that (or is it all of Alaska)?

How confused do the roosters get?

Thanks

Steve

134104[/snapback]

I'd be most curious to hear about Alaskan roosters.

It's so cold they only get the "rooster" out then go back into the barn,

134111[/snapback]

I bet they get really agressive during that time when there is no true darkness. I mean, they have one job - they stay up all night for it, and during that time, there is no dark. So, after a night or two of it not getting dark, they probably figure "holy crap, I don't have to work anymore - i can just stay home where its warm and screw the chickens". So, they are "retired" and just when they do, the next night it goes back to getting dark, but the rooster doesn't know this, as he is just laying in bed, smoking a cigaretter, completly exhauseted. He misses one morning of rooster-a-doodle-dooing, and off with his head. Now roosters know they can't just take off when it doesn't get dark for days, so they stand on the fence post, just waiting and waiting. That stress would be unbearable.

I bet they get really agressive during that time when there is no true darkness. I mean, they have one job - they stay up all night for it, and during that time, there is no dark. So, after a night or two of it not getting dark, they probably figure "holy crap, I don't have to work anymore - i can just stay home where its warm and screw the chickens". So, they are "retired" and just when they do, the next night it goes back to getting dark, but the rooster doesn't know this, as he is just laying in bed, smoking a cigaretter, completly exhauseted. He misses one morning of rooster-a-doodle-dooing, and off with his head.  Now roosters know they can't just take off when it doesn't get dark for days, so they stand on the fence post, just waiting and waiting. That stress would be unbearable.

134116[/snapback]

Lay off the ganja brother.