A lot of people here need to sit down, relax, and think.

The Bills aren't going to the SB next year, but I have a feeling they could make the playoffs. There is more talent on this team than people know.

Poz - Solid middle LB that could start on the majority of teams.

Freddie - Could start on the majority of teams.

Lynch - had an off year and if he's still around next year he'll bounce back. If he does he could start for the majority of teams.

Stroud - could start on the majority of teams

Byrd - could start on the majority of teams

McKelvin - Could start on the majority of teams

McGee - Could start on the majority of teams teams

Evans - Could start on the majority of teams

Wood - Could start on the majority of teams

Schobel - Could start on the majority of teams

Moorman - could start for the vast majority of teams

Lindell - could start for the majority of teams

Corner - is solid depth

Youboty - is solid depth

Florence - is solid depth

S. Johnson - is a solid rotational guy

K. Williams - is a solid rotational guy

Kelsay - solid rotational guy

Guys I think haven't developed yet and will be very good or were used incorrectly by Jauron's staff

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre

Meredith

Lankster

Hardy - before anyone whines about he's shown nothing so far remember he's been injured. This year will tell for sure.

Bell

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

The new coaching staff, I believe, is a much better staff than Jauron had. Jauron wasn't putting the players in the position to maximize their talents. I think Chansaw's staff will do that. With Nix as GM I expect a really solid draft this year. Especially because last years draft was very strong. I think Nix will get a starting NT and starting OT out of this draft. He may also get a QB with promise.

I also believe the Bills now have a coach who plays to win instead of not to lose. The major problems on this team are O line and QB. Chansaw is well known for getting a lot out of mediocre QB's and I think if he can restore Edwards' confidence Edwards could be a solid starter.

So don't stew about the Bills not signing any FA's or making trades, there is plenty of time left for them to do both. Trades may happen on draft day.

Don't worry be happy! :blush:

Happiness gives everyone a smile!!

your optimism is not welcome here... :blush:

Optimism is nice, but he could only come up with a list of 10 guys (excluding kickers) that could start on other teams. Plus the obligatory "It's Jauron's fault" list, of which there are a few solid players that are/will be starters but also includes garbage like Parrish. That doesn't sound like a playoff caliber team to me.

How many players listed in his post are difference makers on the field? Guys that can dominate a game? I don't see one, and that's the problem. The Bills have spent a decade drafting guys in the first and second round that are nice role players while somehow missing every great player they had a chance to draft.

Yea i love the Bills as much as the next guy but your list of "could start on the majority of teams" included on OL one DL (shobel now being a LB) and NO QBS! This is not a good team. Its a team with a bunch of solid roll players but no foundation.

Optimism is nice, but he could only come up with a list of 10 guys (excluding kickers) that could start on other teams. Plus the obligatory "It's Jauron's fault" list, of which there are a few solid players that are/will be starters but also includes garbage like Parrish. That doesn't sound like a playoff caliber team to me.

How many players listed in his post are difference makers on the field? Guys that can dominate a game? I don't see one, and that's the problem. The Bills have spent a decade drafting guys in the first and second round that are nice role players while somehow missing every great player they had a chance to draft.

10 of 22 starters is bad? To hear people B word around this place you'd think they don't have any. I'm not saying this team is great, I'm saying it's not as bad as people think.

I don't know about the rest of the players listed, but Levitre was used to perfection last season. He had a remarkable year at LG. I believe he graded out to be our top lineman (not saying much I know). If you're suggesting he move to LT his physical limitations to play the position at the pro level wouldn't take long to exploit. Once in a while, if you have to slide him over and plug him into LT due to injury, yeah he'll probably do an adequate job. But, again, his physical makeup just doesn't lend itself to LT over the log haul in the NFL. Besides, he's going to be a very good, if not great LG in the league for years to come. Let him grow at his best position for the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills aren't going to the SB next year, but I have a feeling they could make the playoffs. There is more talent on this team than people know.

Lynch - had an off year and if he's still around next year he'll bounce back. If he does he could start for the majority of teams.

Corner - is solid depth

Youboty - is solid depth

Guys I think haven't developed yet and will be very good or were used incorrectly by Jauron's staff

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre

Meredith

Lankster

Hardy - before anyone whines about he's shown nothing so far remember he's been injured. This year will tell for sure.

Bell

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

The new coaching staff, I believe, is a much better staff than Jauron had. Jauron wasn't putting the players in the position to maximize their talents. I think Chansaw's staff will do that. With Nix as GM I expect a really solid draft this year. Especially because last years draft was very strong. I think Nix will get a starting NT and starting OT out of this draft. He may also get a QB with promise.

I also believe the Bills now have a coach who plays to win instead of not to lose. The major problems on this team are O line and QB. Chansaw is well known for getting a lot out of mediocre QB's and I think if he can restore Edwards' confidence Edwards could be a solid starter.

So don't stew about the Bills not signing any FA's or making trades, there is plenty of time left for them to do both. Trades may happen on draft day.

Being a loyal fan doesn't necessarily require losing one's objectivity. The Bills are in a major rebuilding mode. And that is as it should be. They won't be better than the Patriots, Jets and the Phins for the forseeable future, which places us fourth in a four man division. The Bills can conceivably be a much better team than they have been for the past dismal decade and still be the worst team in its own division.

I'm not looking for quick fixes because there aren't any. I'm not looking for the gimmick marketing signing such as T.O. because in the short and long term all it did was delay giving the opportunity for young players such as Hardy and Johnson to be fairly assessed on their performances. Even the new GM has stated that it is going to take time to get this franchise at a meaningful competitive level. I'm all right with a rebuilding process as long as it is done the right way with smart drafting and reasonable free agent signings.

If you go back on your review of our roster and are brutally honest in your assessment tell me how many impact players does this team have compared to most teams? Let's get real and serious here and acknowledge the obvious. The Bills have a very long way to go. You have to start from where you are at and then move forward.

Yea i love the Bills as much as the next guy but your list of "could start on the majority of teams" included on OL one DL (shobel now being a LB) and NO QBS! This is not a good team. Its a team with a bunch of solid roll players but no foundation.

I am not known to be one of the more optimistic guys on this board, but "a bunch of solid role players" IS a foundation. I agree that finding a QB and OTs are very very important (and difficult), but this team is not completely devoid of talent.

I believe that the lack of FA signings is more a case of there not being much available and a (refreshing) unwillingness to over-pay for mediocre players (like Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery). There were maybe a few outstanding players available in FA (Julius Peppers), but the Bills really could not compete $-wise for the top end guys - especially this year with supply far far short of demand (price goes up and up). Beyond that, there might be some decent starters/good backups available as unrestricted FAs. Not rushing to over-pay those guys is reasonable, especially considering that none of them are going to turn this team around immediately. Heck, I might argue that if the Bills signed any 5 of the remaining unrestricted FAs today, that might not translate into two more wins - that is how weak the UFA market is.

I do expect that the Bills will pick up a few depth guys during FA and that is fine. I don't think that there are any difference-makers left. The team will need to build through the draft.

I agree with you totally Rfey

+1 :blush:

Thanks.

I don't know about the rest of the players listed, but Levitre was used to perfection last season. He had a remarkable year at LG. I believe he graded out to be our top lineman (not saying much I know). If you're suggesting he move to LT his physical limitations to play the position at the pro level wouldn't take long to exploit. Once in a while, if you have to slide him over and plug him into LT due to injury, yeah he'll probably do an adequate job. But, again, his physical makeup just doesn't lend itself to LT over the log haul in the NFL. Besides, he's going to be a very good, if not great LG in the league for years to come. Let him grow at his best position for the NFL.

GO BILLS!!!

What I meant about Levitre and the others on the list, except Whitner, is that they haven't tapped their full potential yet. I didn't know Levitre graded out as the best lineman. That should make 11 out of twenty two starters.

Maybin if used correctly can be a pro-bowler. The move to outside LB might just be the move he needs. I also think Nelson will step it up this year. I also think Meredith can become a solid starter.

Yes. You think this is enough for a playoff team?? :blush:

That's right now. These guys are question marks and could be solid starters this year.

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre - already is a solid starter

Meredith

Lankster

Hardy

Bell - If he can stay healthy

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

I believe the new staff will maximize everyone's talents. They've already stated they will design plays to work around the talent they have. The Bills will probably come away with two solid starters from the draft too.

Corner - is solid depth

Youboty - is solid depth

Whitner

Nelson

Maybin

Levitre

Meredith

Lankster

Bell

Parrish

Steve Johnson

Edwards

Two of our best players are Levitre and Kyle Williams. They should move to the top tier. Lynch, with his antics, may remove himself from the top tier.

The top tier should have 20 players. We have a ways to go yet for sure.

You want impact players?

Fred Jackson - The guy has pulled off some miraculous plays.

Moorman - Nobody in the league consistently turns the field around like him.

Kyle Williams - How many times have we seen this guy in the back field.

Jarious Byrd - Top of the league in interceptions.

Aaron Schobel - He just keeps on getting those sacks.

Kawika Mitchel - If none of you have watched him when he is healthy wreak havoc on opposing teams, you are just blind.

Lee Evans - He is a down field threat that has the speed to blow by defenders. Tell me you haven't seen him do it all ready.

Marshawn Lynch - I know he has had his downfalls, but he didn't become a Pro bowl alternate for being a slacker.

Our entire backfield - All of our cornerbacks and safeties have been awesome patrolling the secondary.

Our returners - Few teams have multiple return men that can put us in short field situations like ours.

No impact players............Pllllllllllllease!