186 members have voted

1. 1. Race a factor on the coverage

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a clear double standard in sports based on race. Why do people have such a hard time admitting it.

Why does Tiger have to apologize on TV for marital problems.

How many white golfers have done this...I'm sure some of them have had marital issues.

Kobe was slammed due to his Denver outing..maybe rightly so.

Roger Clements lied to the grand jury no problem.

Mark McGwire lies by not telling the truth...no problem.

There were eyewitnesses in both cases.

Barry Bonds gets indicted without the same amount of evidence and faces jail time.

They just can't find an eyewitness unlike McGwire and Clements.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make

like the Duke lacrosse team.

People do play on perception and history. Until charges are pressed I won't take it to serious.

tiger didn't "have to" do anything. it was a cynical and calculated ploy to win back some of his sponsors. just made him look like bigger kitty imo, but what do i know....

ps...i voted "yes" in the poll.

Tiger Woods?

Really? That is your example of racism?

A half black, half Asian billionaire who is one of the most famous people in the world?

Kim Kardashian has more black in her.

There is plenty of real racism around.

Don't try so hard.

ah hahahahaha!

McGwire retired and basically went into seclusion until the Cardinals hired him this offseason. As soon as that happened, the media went after him. In the last 2 weeks there have been 2 significant stories and one of them involved his estranged brother.

It has nothing to do with color of skin. It has to do with color of money.

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

Has he been convicted in either case? No.

Has he even been arrested in this second case? No, the cops haven't even made it clear that they consider this as worth pursuing.

Color has nothing to do with it.

clemens is still facing indictments. big mac is not getting into the HOF so thats his punishment. bonds lied to the grand jury which is illegal. the girl in colorado pressed charges to go after kobe so thats why it became a sensation. if this girl presses charges against big ben then this will get just as much publicity.

Keep in mind Clemens lied to the grand jury as well.....

That's his ethnicity, not his race. I believe that Ernie Els is a dual citizen in South Africa and the US. So he's 100% African American. Does that make him more black than Tiger?

Lets not get into semantics - that makes Els more African than Tiger, not more black. Tiger is a quarter Black. Period.

Tiger should simply be eliminated from this "black" conversation, b/c he's an extremely mixed individual to begin with, and black is hardly his dominant race.

The OP was specifically discussing blacks..not Asians, not hispanics, or "others".

There is a clear double standard in sports based on race. Why do people have such a hard time admitting it.

How many white golfers have done this...I'm sure some of them have had marital issues.

Kobe was slammed due to his Denver outing..maybe rightly so.

Roger Clements lied to the grand jury no problem.

There were eyewitnesses in both cases.

Barry Bonds gets indicted without the same amount of evidence and faces jail time.

They just can't find an eyewitness unlike McGwire and Clements.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make

like the Duke lacrosse team.

People do play on perception and history. Until charges are pressed I won't take it to serious.

I agree with a lot of what you said.

I didn't read all the posts but this adds on top of the motorcycle accident he had.

I guess he didn't lose an endorsement deal yet either. What a joke.

Race is always a factor.

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

Bill Clintons white... that was very hush hush

Being Black or Asian is still considered a minority in White America/G.O.P. just ask Rush Limbaugh. And if Ms. Kardashian wants more black in her she can contact me.

Bro you can take Kim, but leave me sistas :wallbash:

Reggie better put a ring on that girl, I would. Kim that is.

Maybe it seems like blacks are more covered because there are a higher number of blacks athletes. Or maybe, just maybe more blacks are committing the crimes than whites. The prison population is over 60% blacks, thats a big number to play the race card. Blacks make up 12.4% of the population, so 12.4 percent of the US population is taking up 60% of the prison population...huh must be all racism. ALmost 70% of the players in the NFL are black and over 80% in the NBA are black and yet we are surprised that there is may be more coverage of black athletes wrong doing..huh must be racism. Oh and if you have Ben watching ESPN latley theve touched quite a bit on Big Ben and he was on the fron webpage of yahoo yesterday i guess someone should call them and tell them that Bens situation is off the recod becaus ehe is white.

So this has nothing to do with his being the bast palyer in golf and one of the most recognizable people on the planet? TMZ and the National Enquirer don't give a crap about middle of the road golfers like Hunter Mahan ar Charles Howell III. It's not because their white, it's because no one outside of golf knows who they are.