If Roethlisberger was black

Race a factor on the coverage  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Race a factor on the coverage

• Yes
    • No

The only way you don't see the double standard is either you're intellectually dishonest or you see things exactly as ESPN would have you see them. Whenever a Black athlete does something, it is blown way out of proportion vs the glossing over that happens when "other" athletes do the same act. Everyone becomes "an attorney" when a "majority" athlete does something. Innocent before proven guility, Libel and so on, proof or not, Black athletes are crucified at the mere mention of wrong doing. Michael Irving was recently fired from ESPN for a mere allegation of sexual assault that later was proved false. Tiger Wood's name is mud for doing what most men who make a penny over $10.00 an hour do if they're somewhat attractive. I don't remember Rick Pitino getting the same treatment for his admission of having sex on the floor of a restaurant. Tiger's crime, like O.J's (allow me to explain) was WHO they did it too. Men have killed and cheated on their wifes since the institution of marriage began, but it better not me a Black man doing it to a White woman. It's the Crime of the Century if a Black man kills a White woman or god forbid if a Black billionaire cheats on a blonde haired, blue eyed baby sitter. No, I'm not angry, walking around with a chip on my shoulder or any of the other things said when someone calls out something that looks like, walks like and quacks like a duck..A duck.

tiger woods is only 1/4 black (if that, really), so maybe you should just correct your statement to say "god forbid if arguably the most famous athlete in the world cheats on a blonde haired..."

but no, you can't do that correction, b/c then you simply wouldn't have a point.

DRIVEL.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

African Americans dominant the U.S., from our music, to the sports we play, and now we are starting to dominant politics. This makes cacucasians very nervous because of the oppression that they continue today. This is why writers like King have a double standard, because if everything was equal between the races, blacks would dominant everything!

One day the chicken will come home to roost, i hope the racists out there will one day learn they're lesson!

African Americans dominant the U.S., from our music, to the sports we play, and now we are starting to dominant politics. This makes cacucasians very nervous because of the oppression that they continue today. This is why writers like King have a double standard, because if everything was equal between the races, blacks would dominant everything!

One day the chicken will come home to roost, i hope the racists out there will one day learn they're lesson!

The word you are looking for is dominate. As in, the English language and word formation dominates Billsfan=pain.

oh boy

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

Its not about black or white. Its about green. The girl saw an opportunity, took it, and now stands to become pretty well off from it after Roethlesberger settles for a few hundred thousand or a million dollars. She has just hired an attorney. Obvious she had it planned out pretty well from the start. Give her some props. She knew how to play the game to maximize her worth.

Its not about black or white. Its about green. The girl saw an opportunity, took it, and now stands to become pretty well off from it after Roethlesberger settles for a few hundred thousand or a million dollars. She has just hired an attorney. Obvious she had it planned out pretty well from the start. Give her some props. She knew how to play the game to maximize her worth.

Yeah every pro athlete is an angel and has never tried to push himself on a woman :doh:

Roethlisberger has reportedly told law enforcement authorities that after the encounter the woman slipped and hit her head and had to go to the hospital for treatment.

:(

must have fainted when "Big Ben" came out to play...

:unsure:

:doh:

Shouldn't you be out shooting polar bears, clubbing seals, or looking for bigfoot?

He's too busy ragging on people who are posting in a Roethlisberger thread.

By posting in a Roethlisberger thread. :doh:

That was handled before lunch. Bigfoot's agent is holding out for the moon. Seems to think he has"celebrity value" Yeah,but dress the guy up a little,will Wa?

I guess you could always team up with an Inuit and harpoon a whale...

:doh:

He's too busy ragging on people who are posting in a Roethlisberger thread.

By posting in a Roethlisberger thread. :doh:

So if you knew someone who washed their hands 40 times a day, would you not Question it?

I guess you could always team up with an Inuit and harpoon a whale...

That would be freaking Bonzo Coool

Yes, just in NY alone, we have Charlie Rangel and Gov. Paterson "dominanting" politics right now.

I'm black and I'm proud!