Why Not Jamal Williams

bobcat

Jamal Williams would be a great signing ,a former Pro Bowl NT.With the high demand for a quality NT why not any interest yet....wouldn't he help the Bills?

I think you answered your own question. Lets concentrate on signing backup lineman and people off the Rams practice squad!

I think you answered your own question. Lets concentrate on signing backup lineman and people off the Rams practice squad!
Ralph would spend 10 million on Shanahan ,or cowher but not on a big free agent when a team has so many weak starters at certain positions.He knew no big name coach would come to Buffalo,but he looks good for trying.I know it is important to build threw the draft but after only 1 winning season in 10 years dont you think they should have a good core of young players already?Add some experienced vets to the mix and maybee with good coaching and game planning we can make the playoffs before the Lions.

Ralph would spend 10 million on Shanahan ,or cowher but not on a big free agent when a team has so many weak starters at certain positions.He knew no big name coach would come to Buffalo,but he looks good for trying.I know it is important to build threw the draft but after only 1 winning season in 10 years dont you think they should have a good core of young players already?Add some experienced vets to the mix and maybee with good coaching and game planning we can make the playoffs before the Lions.

I would love to sign Jamal Williams and he would be a great fit for us. As would Dansby. But the Bills have not been aggressive in Free agency since Donahoe. The Bears today signed Peppers, Chester Taylor, and Brandon Manumaleuna. There is a team that is not complacent about losing. I scanned all thru the KFFL wire and cannot even find one "Bills are interested in" rumor. Williams makes so much sense for us

Try making sense.

I don't know how much he has left but he was dominant at the most important position in a 3-4 D as recently as two years ago. NT is a huge position of need for us and it would save having to burn an early pick on one. We have so many needs and it's a weak FA class.

Jamal Williams ought to be on a plane to Buffalo right now.

And not allowed to leave town without signing a contract.

I hate to say it boys but Ralphie is right- we have to build through the draft. We are going to have to take our lumps this year and build up for next year - everyone knows we are soft in the middle so I think all picks in early rounds must be line picks. I just looked at our schedule for next year - we are going to take our lumps our away schedule could literally be all losses= 3AFC east teams, Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Vikes . . . and maybe Chiefs in Arrowhead! I hate to be defeatist but come-on!

I am baffled as to why we have not had contact with Jamal Williams- assuming we havent, which we very well may have had, things at OBD have been quiet even throughout the staff hires, so hopefully we have been in contact since his release yesterday morning....but if we havent, I have no idea why not...

we have money to spend, we will spend money, we need to upgrade this position obviously, get it done so we can focus on other areas during the draft and the rest of free agency....and look, ur gettin a probowl talent player, at an area of extreme need/importance

And with the Buddy Nix connection I am suprised this deal is not already done, its been 24 hours now haha...im still holding out hope. This signing lets us draft a future NT who can contribute some this year...say a Jeff Owens or a Linval Joseph in round 3 or 4....it all just makes too much sense...I hope thats not why the bills are NOT doing it, I was hoping new regime would be smarter than the previous 3 or 4....please OBD, pull the trigger on this one

Jamal Williams would be a great signing ,a former Pro Bowl NT.With the high demand for a quality NT why not any interest yet....wouldn't he help the Bills?

Yes he would, but it would have to come to no one else showing any interest before he would decide to look here.

I hate to say it boys but Ralphie is right- we have to build through the draft. We are going to have to take our lumps this year and build up for next year - everyone knows we are soft in the middle so I think all picks in early rounds must be line picks. I just looked at our schedule for next year - we are going to take our lumps our away schedule could literally be all losses= 3AFC east teams, Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Vikes . . . and maybe Chiefs in Arrowhead! I hate to be defeatist but come-on!

Sounds like year one of Greg Williams. No thanks! You can bring in some FA talent to work with the newbies. Don't tell me there is no one available in th is crowd of FA or trade bait that won't upgrade this team.

Jamal Williams would be on a plane right now if Buddy thought he had something left.....

Maybe they are better off doing the draft , I believe the first 3 picks will be lineman

Then if Williams is still out there after the draft we go after him.

Sounds like year one of Greg Williams. No thanks! You can bring in some FA talent to work with the newbies. Don't tell me there is no one available in th is crowd of FA or trade bait that won't upgrade this team.

We may not have a choice. It's just more frusturating because we have not made the playoffs in the last 10 years. It is looking to be number 11. I think when we finally get to the playoffs we will all appreciate it more.

If Jamal Williams is health and has much left, then SD would very likely not have released him. Unless the

Chargers are in trouble financially (I don't think they are), you have to consider that Williams may be a shell

of his former self. He may still be better than the alternatives the Bills have, but you can't justify paying him

the amount that he used to make when he was dominant if he no longer is.

For all we know, the Bills may have contacted his agent and found out that he is looking for $ that is too high

compared to what the Bills believe he has left. Just because a guy used to be an outstanding player doesn't

mean that he still is. Injuries and age take their toll in the NFL.

That would make too much sense. Instead let's go into next season with an undersized Kyle Williams at NT.