Why Not Jamal Williams

bobcat

Jamal Williams would be on a plane right now if Buddy thought he had something left.....

Maybe they are better off doing the draft , I believe the first 3 picks will be lineman

Then if Williams is still out there after the draft we go after him.

Not that 3 lineman would be bad but then the Bills would still need at least 2 LB's, a WR, and a project QB.

We build thri the draft then 3 years later we don't re-sign the good palyers we drafted as they cost too much so we re-draft the same DBs we let go previously for no return. A viscous cycle. with no cap this year it wa sideal for us to fill holes with good players.

This my biggest beef with this team. We let players walk and they go on to have fine NFL careers else where. Justin Bannan is a fine example. We let him go after his contract then we go out and sign a Stroud. I would rather have Bannan as he is younger and is every bit as good. I remeber we were deperate for a DT. We need to keep players and fill other spots. We draft all pro's, let them walk, then we need to draft again. Clements and Winfield, Pat Williams and Justin Bannan. LondonFletcher and TKO Spikes, Jim Leonhard and Pierson Prioleau.

This my biggest beef with this team. We let players walk and they go on to have fine NFL careers else where. Justin Bannan is a fine example. We let him go after his contract then we go out and sign a Stroud. I would rather have Bannan as he is younger and is every bit as good. I remeber we were deperate for a DT. We need to keep players and fill other spots. We draft all pro's, let them walk, then we need to draft again. Clements and Winfield, Pat Williams and Justin Bannan. LondonFletcher and TKO Spikes, Jim Leonhard and Pierson Prioleau.

We have not been good at keeping our own players since John Butler left. That is why we waste first round picks on cornerbacks and running backs every 3 years on average. We change coaches and coordinators way too often, that is why good players are allowed to leave. Lots of churn and no progress.

Even when you're rebuilding bringing in one or two veteran free agents to fill some holes and allow the rookies to work their way into their roles. Especially short term deals that won't hamstring you for years to come.

Guys don't tend to develop positively in a culture of perpetual suck, surrounded by other guys who've never known what it feels like to win.

If Jamal Williams is health and has much left, then SD would very likely not have released him. Unless the

Chargers are in trouble financially (I don't think they are), you have to consider that Williams may be a shell

of his former self. He may still be better than the alternatives the Bills have, but you can't justify paying him

the amount that he used to make when he was dominant if he no longer is.

For all we know, the Bills may have contacted his agent and found out that he is looking for $ that is too high

compared to what the Bills believe he has left. Just because a guy used to be an outstanding player doesn't

mean that he still is. Injuries and age take their toll in the NFL.

Dont think its that they think he has nothing left, just that with the injurys and age, he didnt have enough left to justify his contract, and that they could release him and possibly sign him back for less at a later date. He is more of a rotational player at this stage of his career, not every down player any more.

Dont think its that they think he has nothing left, just that with the injurys and age, he didnt have enough left to justify his contract, and that they could release him and possibly sign him back for less at a later date. He is more of a rotational player at this stage of his career, not every down player any more.

Ted Washington didn't play on 3rd and long very often. I'd love to see Jamal for 1st/2nd/3rd and short.