Troy Smith low tendered

Many of you on here have said you want him. I have no idea what he would bring, but seeing what Gailey did with Kordell I think he could do the same with Troy. He has a strong arm, I'm just not sure what else he can do in the NFL. Anyone have an opinion on us using a 5th for him?

Many of you on here have said you want him. I have no idea what he would bring, but seeing what Gailey did with Kordell I think he could do the same with Troy. He has a strong arm, I'm just not sure what else he can do in the NFL. Anyone have an opinion on us using a 5th for him?

A 5th won't kill us, heck maybe he will do us some good! :D

low risk, possibly high reward

i think thats just about the best post-bradford option I have seen for this year.... I wouldnt draft anyone that late with any real hope.... especially for this year.

seems like a good value, before he got sick he was pegged to be the ravens starter a couple years ago..

Donte is worth more than a 5th rounder, so is Marshawn so if we make a trade of either of those for pick(s), I say pull the trigger. A 5th won't kill us.

plus, it would be a little amusing to trade donte then bring in the guy hes been campaigning for.

if only for ironies sake.

plus, it would be a little amusing to trade donte then bring in the guy hes been campaigning for.

if only for ironies sake.

If Whitner wants him I don't he's the same that said TE over JP. I am not saying JP is great just liked better with TO and Evans.

You don't know we can't take him or Tebow. QB Heisman winners have never won a SB and most of them have little success in hte NFL maybe Palmer will break this curse some day.

Sooner or later one will win a superbowl. Just a matter of time. Probably not the next Manning. Who knows though. Maybe sitting on the bench after injury has raised his desire to succeed. I think he deserves a look.

Pull the trigger on this one, immediately.

We would still want to get a qb in the draft as well.

Troy looked better than Flacco when they were competing until he became ill.

Not sure how that will translate 2 years later but he is definitely worth a 5th

You don't know we can't take him or Tebow. QB Heisman winners have never won a SB and most of them have little success in hte NFL maybe Palmer will break this curse some day.

Roger Staubach:

Heisman Winner 1964

Super Bowls VI and XII winner

Fun Fact: Staubach was named Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl VI becoming the first of four players to win the Heisman Trophy and Super Bowl MVP. Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen, and Desmond Howard are the other three.

EDIT...Jim Plunkett works too:

Jim Plunkett played quarterback for Stanford University, where he won the Heisman Trophy, and professionally for three National Football League teams: the New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers and Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders. He led the Raiders to two Super Bowl victories (XV and XVIII).

Fun Fact: He is the only retired quarterback to start, and win, two Super Bowls who is not also in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

I wouldn't spend a lot of $ to get Troy Smith.

A very good college QB on an always well-stocked college club on both sides of the ball. He has good wheels like most college qbs have, and had the swift Ted Ginn who pulled beaucoup coverage away from other OSU receivers. AFAIK, he's a decent kid, and I give him credit for making the NFL and sticking on a roster.

I suppose he could surprise, though.

Stewart sucked.

Smith's tonsilitis was the best thing to happen to the Ravens since 2000.

QB threads are getting old.

Buddy - please draft the best available QB in each round, pick up all available cast-aways, untendered free agents and late pick tendered free agents, raid the practice squads too...

Send them all to an island to play survivor and put the top three on the roster.

DONE