Bills Sign Marlon Favorite (DT)

JoeF

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...f5-02bf9e005a28

This will be my favorite off-season signing. He and Lonnie Harvey were buds in Panthers camp last summer...

The Bills made their first free agent signing a few days prior to when most NFL contracts expire, as the club reached an agreement with defensive tackle Marlon Favorite.

Favorite (6’1” 317) was an undrafted rookie free agent last year that was signed by the Carolina Panthers. He did not make their opening day roster, but spent time on the St. Louis, Kansas City, Seattle and New Orleans practice squads in 2009.

The LSU product appeared in 40 games for the Tigers, making 17 starts. Favorite was a member of LSU’s 2007 National Championship team where he played both nose tackle and the three-technique tackle position in the Tigers 4-3 system.

A player at a position of need. <_< There's one in every crowd (this time meaning a good player) so let's bring in a crowd of NT's.

does anyone know about him? ive read in a bunch of places that he is very talented but an underaciever. Maybe we can turn him around

(Note from the 2009 PFW Preview) Just before the combine last year he had surgery on his left meniscus. Hopefully that's why he's bounced around and he is healing or the Bills Dr.'s can make it right. They say he's a two down run stuffer. That's fine with me. If he can be solid in that role then more power to him.

It's not like he was announced as the starting NT. Just bringing him in to compete does no harm. Who knows? He could fit in with George Edwards' system and be an asset. Nothing is guaranteed at this point so there is no problem in exploring your options.

It could also hyper motivate him knowing that he has a really good chance of making the team due to a lack of NT talent.

I'm 100% sure he's being brought in as camp fodder and I'm 98% sure he won't make the team but let's keep our fingers crossed. As BGIO pointed out the same thing was thought about FJ a few years ago.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you honestly female dogged about this move, you are the most miserable person on the planet. It probably will amount to nothing but who knows. It doesn't cost much and you have like them being active to fill a need. You can never bring enough linemen in.

I'll admit that I know nothing about this kid, but the fact that he couldn't stick with 5 different clubs is all I need to know.

The Bills have solved their nose tackle problem. They sign a guy who has never played an NFL game and this is his 6th team?

Sweet!!!!

Geez you guys. Maybe Gailey and Co. saw something they liked in the kid and decided to give him a flier. What's the worst that could happen ... they got some cheap camp fodder. What's the best ... they got a gem on the cheap. It's a no lose situation for them.

In any event, no reason to whine about a fodder signing. Save the whining for when there is something to whine about.

To all you fantasy football idiots.

1. We aren't going to fill all of our holes in one season.

2. We aren't headed to the playoffs

3. We need people who can physically hold up in the defense for the season

Yep... nothing wrong with taking a look. Happens all the time - a player is signed, and 2 or three days later, he's cut. Occasionally, you get one that gets on the team.

And these fly-by looks are a good thing all around - a player gets a trip, a nice meal and room, a couple of thou or so in his pocket if it doesn't work out.

That all keeps players on the outs, looking in, keeping up his body if he call comes. There's plenty of stories about the guy who was bagging groceries showing up out of nowhere, keeping in decent shape, and hitting the big time.

Don't forget the trash collector that landed here.

the first of many big bodies on their way

I agree. Many of these guys will be cannon fodder for the offense to play against. think of them as making up the scout team for the offense to play against during the OTAs and early training camp. They will need at least 4 NTs just to have practice. We have none (unless you count Kyle Williams ) right now.