Terrance Cody Down to 354lbs

The problem is that Cody had major incentive to lose weight (for the Combine). If the Bills take him 9th overall, he'll get major coin and incentive to keep his weight down will be a lot harder. It has to come from within and there's no way to measure that.

Super Bowl and Hall of fame are not. Not to metion being among the best at your position its not as much about coin as you think. This is were football character comes in.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just can't win around here. First he was a loser because he couldn't even get is weight under control when his future and millions of dollars depended on it (senior bowl). Then when he does get his weight down when his future and millions of dollars depend on it (combine) he's still a loser because he only did it because his future and millions of dollars depended on it!

And he was the same dominating presence in every game he played in, including his post season games THAT HE WON. So what does his weight during those games have to do with anything?

Screw it, he should go undrafted and then come crawling into Buffalo on his hands and knees begging for a chance to sign with the team. If he does that, then MAYBE he's worth it. MAYBE.

People see what they want.

I can't believe how many people don't want a 350-370 lb NT who will be the biggest NT in the NFL clogging up the middle. Haven't we learned anything from 4 years of watching our undersized Dline get blown up almost every snap?

If he move quickly at 370 then the bigger the better.

• 2 weeks later...

He lost some more lbs :unsure:

Meanwhile "Mount Cody" continues to eraod. NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that defensive tackle Terrence Cody weighed in at 349 pounds, five less than he was at the combine. He was 370 pounds at the Senior Bowl. Before long, he'll be down to Wilforkian levels.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...s-down-further/

Kinda like Maybin suddenly weighing 250 for last year's combine, huh?

Artificial weight gain/loss is just that. That doesn't mean Cody might not be an excellent player -- I'll leave that evaluation up to those who get paid to make those decisions -- but people should not put much stock in short term weight changes.

I mean, yea, the last 5-15 might be flux weight for him but hes down from an official 410, 2 years ago, and reportedly upwards of 420 plus. This isnt just a 3 week diet for him.

You gotta go Dan Williams with pick 9 here if you want to nail NT right? You get a strong 330 lb'er who can run a 5.17 40. Wilfork like.

Cody was over 5.7 at 354 lbs... just plain heavy does not = good NT IMO

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/

I don't care what OT is on the board when the Bills pick. The best pick for them, IMO, is Dan Williams.

If Bryan Bulaga is there at #9, I would pick him instead of Cody for sure. Fat guys are dime a dozen. That doesn't mean they could play nose tackle. Otherwise, we could have converted Mike Williams to a nose tackle and did not have to cut him.

If Bryan Bulaga is there at #9, I would pick him instead of Cody for sure. Fat guys are dime a dozen. That doesn't mean they could play nose tackle. Otherwise, we could have converted Mike Williams to a nose tackle and did not have to cut him.

I am interested in seeing what he can bench but after he did not bench at the combine I would never spend a 1st on him.

I am interested in seeing what he can bench but after he did not bench at the combine I would never spend a 1st on him.

i believe it was b/t 22-25 reps @225, also, he sounded pretty mad about the "he'll eat his way out of the league talk" so there's your motivation, take him at 42 and we got the middle plugged for a decade, he's not just fat he's nimble too, blocked 3 kicks ya know, and can do a back flip.