Terrance Cody Down to 354lbs

There's no comparison between being allowed to eat what you want, so as to gain weight, versus not being allowed to eat whatever you want, so as to lose weight. I have no doubts that Maybin is trying to keep his weight up. And in Maybin's case, as a 20+ year old, he's still filling out his frame.

The evaluation should be based on his performance on the field, because it wouldn't surprise me to learn he was around 370# for most of his senior season.

Maybin is NEVER going to get up to 265+ some people just cant do it

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe it was b/t 22-25 reps @225, also, he sounded pretty mad about the "he'll eat his way out of the league talk" so there's your motivation, take him at 42 and we got the middle plugged for a decade, he's not just fat he's nimble too, blocked 3 kicks ya know, and can do a back flip.

It would be foolish to take him with a first round pick. But if he was available for our second round pick I would be very happy to snatch him from the board. With respect to how much did he lift at the combine my response is simply I don't care. For the few games I saw him on TV it was apparent that he stacked up the offense. That is exactly what you want from your NT. What was also apparent to me is that he is very nimble for a person of his size. In a high powered conference Cody was an impact player.

All the discussions about us taking him in the second round is probably going to be moot. I suspect that he will be gone by the late first or early second. Our first pick should be an OT; Cody would be a terrific second round selection.

It would be foolish to take him with a first round pick. But if he was available for our second round pick I would be very happy to snatch him from the board. With respect to how much did he lift at the combine my response is simply I don't care. For the few games I saw him on TV it was apparent that he stacked up the offense. That is exactly what you want from your NT. What was also apparent to me is that he is very nimble for a person of his size. In a high powered conference Cody was an impact player.

All the discussions about us taking him in the second round is probably going to be moot. I suspect that he will be gone by the late first or early second. Our first pick should be an OT; Cody would be a terrific second round selection.

The problem is that in college, you can dominate based no raw athleticism and facing inferior competition. In the NFL, you're facing the best of the best and you need strength. That he only did 20-odd reps is concerning. But I agree that I'd take him in the 2nd round, where he won't be making huge money. I doubt he lasts to the Bills' 2nd round pick, however.

The problem is that in college, you can dominate based no raw athleticism and facing inferior competition. In the NFL, you're facing the best of the best and you need strength. That he only did 20-odd reps is concerning. But I agree that I'd take him in the 2nd round, where he won't be making huge money. I doubt he lasts to the Bills' 2nd round pick, however.

The SEC is the caliber of conference where it is rare that a person is going to dominate based on his athleticism and not be considered a legitimate pro prospcet. Cody demonstrated to me that he is a good football player, which is more than merely being a physical presence.

The number of times he was able to lift a weight at the combine doesn't bother me at all. In the pros a strength training regime will be established for him.

As the both of us have stated the odds are that he won't be available for our second round pick. If he were I would be very happy with his selection.

isnt that what I said?

Adam_Schefter RT @MoveTheSticks: Terrence Cody weighed 354 lbs (That's big news for the big guy. It'll get him in the scouts' good graces again)

Unfortunately could get him back into the first round and out of the Bills range.

It still scares me, BJM. This got could still lose 15-20 more pounds, get drafted, sign a deal and balloon back up.

Yeah, the discipline is still an issue.

The SEC is the caliber of conference where it is rare that a person is going to dominate based on his athleticism and not be considered a legitimate pro prospcet. Cody demonstrated to me that he is a good football player, which is more than merely being a physical presence.

The number of times he was able to lift a weight at the combine doesn't bother me at all. In the pros a strength training regime will be established for him.

As the both of us have stated the odds are that he won't be available for our second round pick. If he were I would be very happy with his selection.

The SEC is good, but the NFL is still an order of magnitude better. And how long can the Bills wait for Cody to get his strength and conditioning up? Consider that Maybin did 22 reps of 225# at 249# and 20 years old.

The SEC is good, but the NFL is still an order of magnitude better. And how long can the Bills wait for Cody to get his strength and conditioning up? Consider that Maybin did 22 reps of 225# at 249# and 20 years old.

McCoy only did 23 and I don't see anyone bashing him.