Aaron Maybin

Billsfan=pain

I remember reading rumors (I think on PFT) that the Bills were worried about him as early as the OTA's last year.

The guy has not shown anything on the pro level and had a limited body of work at the collegiate level. He may end up being great or may end up being a bust. So far, there really is not anything from his time with the Bills that would indicate that he was anything other than a huge reach.

I hope he ends up being worth a first round pick. The onus is definitely on him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading rumors (I think on PFT) that the Bills were worried about him as early as the OTA's last year.

The guy has not shown anything on the pro level and had a limited body of work at the collegiate level. He may end up being great or may end up being a bust. So far, there really is not anything from his time with the Bills that would indicate that he was anything other than a huge reach.

I hope he ends up being worth a first round pick. The onus is definitely on him.

It was PFW, and I read the same thing.

I know most players have a cocky attitude but he celebrates on every play!

Honestly, his attitude doesn't bother me. IF he actually starts to produce he strikes me as a defensive motivator and energy type guy. You should be cocky on defense. He is only celebrating because he is excited. Granted, he should not be so excited about the plays he has made. But it shows it is invested and into the game.

It was a bonehead pick. That is for him to play DE.

If he can make the switch... he reminds me of Talley when he was younger, body wise that is not in play.

He still so young in the game, he needs time, we may not see his full potential until his 3rd year.

We have no choice but to wait and see.

The bills have been good a picking wait and see players. They either dont devellop or devellop just in time to us a good yeah and move on to free agency

I know most players have a cocky attitude but he celebrates on every play!

The dude barely got on the field last year.. I would celebrate the opportunity to play also.

Man you guys are tough.. The guy isn't a starter, hardly got a chance to play. The coaches played Schobel and Kelsey.. Are they better than him? Definitely more experienced and both had a good year. He's undersized for a DE in a 4-3.. He wasn't drafted to be an immediate starter. Why don't we give the guy a chance before bad mouthing him.

He is obviously eager and believes in himself. I don't have a problem with that.

For me what is most telling is that with all the injuries we had last season Maybin still didn't see the field very much and when he did he barely recoreded any stats.

Face it, we were so banged up on defense I though the Bills might just call me, a 40 year old computer consultant, to come suit up and our #1 pick doesn't seem to have enough to get out on the field? What's up with that? I know we didn't have the best coaching staff, but at a certain point even the worst coaches will do what it takes to make things better, and Maybin's absence makes me believe a big part of his invisibility is his lack of ability. God , I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting some serious John McCargo vibes.....

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I guess next season we will get the answer?

He is at best 220 and always has been maybe he inserted some weights into his body

The dude barely got on the field last year.. I would celebrate the opportunity to play also.

Man you guys are tough.. The guy isn't a starter, hardly got a chance to play. The coaches played Schobel and Kelsey.. Are they better than him? Definitely more experienced and both had a good year. He's undersized for a DE in a 4-3.. He wasn't drafted to be an immediate starter. Why don't we give the guy a chance before bad mouthing him.

He is obviously eager and believes in himself. I don't have a problem with that.

I hope he isn't a bust. He isn't a starter? A team that hasn't made the playoffs in over ten years can't afford to draft projects in the first round. Maybe that is why they haven't made the playoffs in the past decade. I hope he does well in his second year as an OLB in the 3-4. The only real reason for any kind of hope for him is that he was drafted in the first. It has not been his play on the field.

Aaron Maybin's body shape has changed drastically in the past year. When he was at the combine last year he looked like a defensive end at 6'4 250, now he looks samller than James Hardy 6'5 220. How does a player lose 30 pds of muscle from March(combine) to August(training camp)?

I argued with people all last year regarding Maybin because I said prior to and after the draft that Oher was the best pick at #11 . Maybin may go down in Bills history as the worst pick ever! He cannot play OLB in a 3-4 scheme. They worked him out there on the outside last year and he was lost in space. If he only has to rush on every down then he may get a sack next year, but what a wasted pick. We could have taken a OLB last year in the 4th or 5th round to be one dimensional.BUST!

I argued with people all last year regarding Maybin because I said prior to and after the draft that Oher was the best pick at #11 . Maybin may go down in Bills history as the worst pick ever! He cannot play OLB in a 3-4 scheme. They worked him out there on the outside last year and he was lost in space. If he only has to rush on every down then he may get a sack next year, but what a wasted pick. We could have taken a OLB last year in the 4th or 5th round to be one dimensional.BUST!

Cushing, Orakp, Mathews and Ohrer were there for the pickings. We end up taking a player in which the front office staff is now pointing the finger at everyone else but themselves. It is not as if this goofball organization hasn't been involved in other draft fiascos: Whitner taken over Ngata. Geesh. When will this foolishness stop.

Do you not believe that most players that show up at the combine aren't using some form of performance enhancing drugs, either HGH that the NFL doesn't test for or something else that can be masked? Let's not be naive. How can you not take whatever will make you stand out with that big pay day coming up? How else can you to add 20 to 30 lbs of muscle in a few months other than with drugs? Once the contract is signed you lay off them because they are not good for you. But you take them again when you are in a contract year. It is all about money and always will be.

Just today the NFL Players Assc is lobbying against a new HGH test, geez I wonder why? If they start checking for HGH we will have a very different NFL, one that consists of athletes not test tube freaks. 330 lb people are not built to run the 40 in under 5 seconds but many of these guys do and it is not from eating Wheaties. They players associations are built for the highly paid of the sport and not to protect those that are clean. If I was a clean athlete I would demand extensive testing of all players, for my safety, if nothing else. But none of them do because few don't cheat.

Not all, but a majority of professional athletes are liars and cheats who have been coddled their entire life. And like Mark McGwire these players will breakdown and cry once they are exposed for the cheaters they are. Mosi Tatupu dies today at 54. You have to ask questions about the connection between steroid use and the early death of a ex-athlete. Not saying he took steroids but few men simply drop dead in their 50's unless they were heavy smokers.

That is why Curling is now my favorite sport. A rock in one hand and a beer in the other.

and you know this because...?

In AM's college career, he never had to drop in pass coverage and because of his holdout, the Bills never got a chance to train him how to cover receivers out of the backfield or short passes over the middle. Give him the chance to learn the OLB position with a full offseason and good coaching before you make statements like that.

Let's see what he can do in a 3-4 and then render judgment.

I just don't think he has the skill set to be an effective edge rusher of note in the NFL. He got by at the college level, which is a lot easier. I'd like to see if he can make similar adjustments to what Farrior made witht he Jets, moving to ILB in a 3-4 scheme. He has the athleticism to do it, but we don't know about his instincts yet.

It may be his best shot at sticking in the NFL.

I said it before, I'll say it again....there is no way in hell he gained the type of weight he did in as short a time as he did without being on the Juice. Sorry, that is just how it is. Anyone thinking otherwise is out of touch with reality.