Inner City Kid Given Oppurtunity to Escape Ghetto

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute!

According to Sheff v. O'Neill in the great state of CT, blacks and minorities don't get good test scores because there's no white kids in their schools. So, we needed to bus white kids into Hartford, Bridgeport, etc. and bus black kids out to the suburbs. If they were put in white schools, that would start newfound equity, raise test scores for minorities and everyone would start farting rainbows. (But hey, what about the white kids that went to ****ty inner-city schools? Was that fair to them? Oh well. Who cares about them.)

Oh wait. That didn't happen? About the only measurable thing it's resulted in is much higher transportation bills for cities and towns that can't afford it? Well, ****, I'm flummoxed here.

Hate to write anyone off, but past a certain stage, there's not much you can do to change courses of behavior. Wishing it were different is just that.

Students of any color should not be taken to extraordinary measures for feelgood policies. Educate kids in their school districts with property taxes raised in that school district. If they don't learn there, I'm sorry, but they're probably not going to learn anywhere. Times are just way too tough to drive kids 30 miles to school every day for a social experiment.

According to Sheff v. O'Neill in the great state of CT, blacks and minorities don't get good test scores because there's no white kids in their schools. So, we needed to bus white kids into Hartford, Bridgeport, etc. and bus black kids out to the suburbs. If they were put in white schools, that would start newfound equity, raise test scores for minorities and everyone would start farting rainbows. (But hey, what about the white kids that went to ****ty inner-city schools? Was that fair to them? Oh well. Who cares about them.)

Oh wait. That didn't happen? About the only measurable thing it's resulted in is much higher transportation bills for cities and towns that can't afford it? Well, ****, I'm flummoxed here.

Hate to write anyone off, but past a certain stage, there's not much you can do to change courses of behavior. Wishing it were different is just that.

Students of any color should not be taken to extraordinary measures for feelgood policies. Educate kids in their school districts with property taxes raised in that school district. If they don't learn there, I'm sorry, but they're probably not going to learn anywhere. Times are just way too tough to drive kids 30 miles to school every day for a social experiment.

Mike Davis would call you a hood-wearing racist for saying something like that.

"While there, he attacked Lang, who he was trying to get his wrestling squad teammates, including Byers, to contribute for a gift to their coach. After that assault, he was sentenced for violating his probation."

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

No soliciting allowed

By order of beatdown!

I read another article that said that Lang and others didn't fight back because school rules state that retaliation is punishable at the same level as an instigator. I'm surprised that a bunch of wrestlers didn't take care of Byers but we don't know the actual setting in which this ocurred.

So...Good kids to a bad school, a fruitless, depriving venture.

Bad kid to good school, an unmitigated disaster.

Because a few good kids couldn't rise the tide in the bad school, bad kids shouldn't be given the privilege of succeeding in a good school?

I mean, I'm sure the boosted transport expenses costs communities hundreds of non-budgeted dollars, but aside from that...?

Because a few good kids couldn't rise the tide in the bad school, bad kids shouldn't be given the privilege of succeeding in a good school?

I mean, I'm sure the boosted transport expenses costs communities hundreds of non-budgeted dollars, but aside from that...?

I am sure you are, as usual, being sarcastic, but

Lang, who had to have four metal plates surgically inserted in his face after the beating, was not in court.

What precisely do you define as a unmitigated disaster? 6 plates?

The difference between a good school and a bad school has more to do with who attends the school and the parents of the students than anything else.