What are your hobbies?

Jim in Anchorage

I've been thinking about getting an electric set that I can transport between here at college and my parent's house fairly easily. I've been missing my acoustic set because even if I could get it here easily, I'd have no room for it.

They're great seeing you can run them through your computer and play along with anything. Make sure you get one with the mesh heads, not the rubber ones. The mesh feels very much like a real drum had and is a bit quieter for your neighbors or people you live with.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're great seeing you can run them through your computer and play along with anything. Make sure you get one with the mesh heads, not the rubber ones. The mesh feels very much like a real drum had and is a bit quieter for your neighbors or people you live with.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'd have a ton of fun with running it through my computer, despite how much I love playing an acoustic set.

Thanks for the tip. I think I'd have a ton of fun with running it through my computer, despite how much I love playing an acoustic set.

And there are 25-30 different sets you can program. Everything from tablas to different types of wood. You can program the venue from a stadium to a garage to a tiled room. It's endless.

I have come to the realization that I am absolutely addicted to World of Warcraft.......

I have a level 78 paladin....as soon as I max him out at 80 I am going to check myself into WOW anamous and ween myself off......

You misspelled "animus". Or "amicus". Or "anemones". Or "anandrous"...

Ah, hell. You misspelled something. :P

used to do all kinds of home improvement stuff, bonsai, gardening, even used to be good at golf...last few years it's been hauling my boy around the NE playing basketball, now that he'll be off to college in the fall I'll get a chance to get back to that stuff in about a month or so.

Word. You're old.

There's a guy who lives where we just moved who is into sea kayaking. He was loading his kayak onto his car one morning and it was beautiful. I asked what kind of wood it was and he said mahogany and he had just finished making it as was taking in out on the SF bay for it's maiden voyage. I really wish I had the skill and time to do that.

I definitely plan on making my wife and I a couple nice wooden kayaks in the next few years. (Although I sure love the "bomb-proof" factor in my Eco Bezhig and that it can carry a shitload of gear while holding a perfect line.)

Playing with my 2 year old son, working on our house, and fly fishing.

Prior to the arrival of the son factor, I used to:

Ice climb, mountain climb, rock climb, bike, ski, etc etc.

Crazy how priorities and hobbies change!

This forum has a good cross section of people [although mostly of upstate NY roots] What do you do in your free time? Ski, fish, Golf, throw the javelin? I ask because I love riding my 4 wheeler, going nowhere and burning up carbon credits.

I enjoy collecting autographs,walking and swimming.