Wood Update

bfw1234

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...90-805dc47cc188

The last time Bills fans saw Eric Wood in uniform he was being carted off the field after a horrific injury in Week 11 at Jacksonville. His left tibia and fibula were snapped when the full weight of Jagaurs defensive tackle Montavious Stanley sideswiped Wood’s leg. The injury was so severe that even the producers of the CBS telecast aired the replay just once.

Now more than two months removed from surgery, Wood still has a long road ahead of him, and the memory of the injury is still fresh.

“When I first got hurt I tried to get back up, but after laying there for a second that’s when the pain starting setting in,” Wood told Buffalobills.com. “I heard it break, but I didn’t want to really acknowledge it myself that I had broke my leg. Then everyone rushed over there.”

Wood never made the trip back to Buffalo with the team. He was taken directly to a local Jacksonville hospital for surgery where a rod was inserted into his leg to stabilize his tibia, the main weight bearing bone of the lower leg. Prior to surgery however, modern technology provided an unusual scene.

“Before I went in for surgery the doctors were watching it on their phones,” said Wood. “They were telling me, ‘You’re going to want to see this.’ So I watched the replay of the injury from my hospital bed and it was pretty gruesome.”

After surgery, Wood spent more than a month in a wheelchair with his left leg completely immobilized. He’s out of the chair now, but still very limited in terms of using the leg.

“I’m walking finally, which was a long time coming,” he said. “It feels pretty good. I’m not pushing it real hard, but at the same time I’m kind of in a rush to get back and try to help this team. We’ve got a new coaching staff and I have to re-earn my job and I’m looking forward to the challenges that are ahead.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...90-805dc47cc188

The last time Bills fans saw Eric Wood in uniform he was being carted off the field after a horrific injury in Week 11 at Jacksonville. His left tibia and fibula were snapped when the full weight of Jagaurs defensive tackle Montavious Stanley sideswiped Wood’s leg. The injury was so severe that even the producers of the CBS telecast aired the replay just once.

Now more than two months removed from surgery, Wood still has a long road ahead of him, and the memory of the injury is still fresh.

this update is i'll bet at least 2 months old i remember reading this article many many weeks ago. hopefully we will be getting a new recent update soon!

Why would the doctors say this?:

“Before I went in for surgery the doctors were watching it on their phones,” said Wood. “They were telling me, ‘You’re going to want to see this.’ So I watched the replay of the injury from my hospital bed and it was pretty gruesome.”

“At this point it’s about me and my career. The Bills have been nothing but supportive of me and they’ve been doing anything they possibly can to make sure I have everything I need,” said Wood. “They’ve let me go back home and they fly me up to Buffalo for checkups whenever needed. I couldn’t ask anything more of the Bills, but it is about me at this point. I have to do what’s best for me as far as when I can come back.”

Sure, it's all about him. Selfish !@#$. Cut him.

Only the most optomistic will expect him to be of much help this season. My opinion is that his career is in serious doubt and if he is able to play it will be in 2011.

If Wood suffered clean breaks of his tibia and fibula, as reports have stated and as the compound (breaking skin) nature suggests, barring any unforeseen setbacks, he should be fine. He didn't suffer any other structural damage.