Are You Stupid????

el Tigre

This is exactly the problem with the Olympic coverage. It's a two week America-gasm. Total indifference to winners or sports that have nothing to do with the States. When I was in High School I used to race biathalon, so I get pretty excited to watch the event in the Olympics. Once every four years I get to see the sport. Unfortunately the US is awful at biathalon. The coverage was like 30 minutes of target shooting. Whole pile of nothing. We should be able to see all of the events, not just the mess the US wins.

I say more power to that dude. You work your balls off for four years to get to this level, you finally reach the top of your sport, and some ignorant bim comes running over totally unprepared and ruining your moment.

This is exactly the problem with the Olympic coverage. It's a two week America-gasm. Total indifference to winners or sports that have nothing to do with the States. When I was in High School I used to race biathalon, so I get pretty excited to watch the event in the Olympics. Once every four years I get to see the sport. Unfortunately the US is awful at biathalon. The coverage was like 30 minutes of target shooting. Whole pile of nothing. We should be able to see all of the events, not just the mess the US wins.

I say more power to that dude. You work your balls off for four years to get to this level, you finally reach the top of your sport, and some ignorant bim comes running over totally unprepared and ruining your moment.

Buy and ticket and go.

I hear the coverage by NBC is just terrible. I feel for the fans of the games in the US.

In Canada, we've got EIGHT high def channels carrying each and every event live as it happens. Essentially ESPN in Canada (TSN), TSN2, the four Sportsnet Channels and CTV along with NBC's lousy coverage.

Props to Sven Kramer. He is the top long track speed skater in the world and this stupid reporter tries to ruin his moment. Of course, that moron would have done it to Shoni Davis too.

Wow. I just thought it was funny. :wallbash:

Wow. I just thought it was funny. :wallbash:

It's just part of the bigger problem. Many people are upset with NBC for their lousy, tape-delayed coverage of the Winter games. I mean, the games are in the same time zone as the West Coast. This isn't Turin. In the age of the internet, it's just ignorant of NBC to assume that people will watch tape-delayed coverage.

Americans didn't even get to see Lindsey Vonn win the Gold live. I mean COME ON!!!

It's just part of the bigger problem. Many people are upset with NBC for their lousy, tape-delayed coverage of the Winter games. I mean, the games are in the same time zone as the West Coast. This isn't Turin. In the age of the internet, it's just ignorant of NBC to assume that people will watch tape-delayed coverage.

Americans didn't even get to see Lindsey Vonn win the Gold live. I mean COME ON!!!

God are we a bunch of spoiled babies or what. If you're that in to winter sports go to the event. You (no you Heels you in the general sense) knew it was happening four years ago save up, buy a plane ticket and make a vacation of it. Vancouver is a great city and I think it would make a great vacation. I love hockey, and skiing seeing I used to race as a kid but I could really care if I see it live. In the era of the DVR I didn't think anyone watched anything live anymore.

Maybe she is stupid,I don't know. But how is she trying to ruin his moment???????

You've achieved the pinnacle of your sport, you're on cloud 9, feeling great, then this maroon comes over and asks you immediately after you've won: "So who are you and what did you just do?" It's straight up ignorant.

You've achieved the pinnacle of your sport, you're on cloud 9, feeling great, then this maroon comes over and asks you immediately after you've won: "So who are you and what did you just do?" It's straight up ignorant.

And his response was very unprofessional. My answer? I'm Chef Jim from the USA and I just won the gold medal baby...whoohoo!!!!!!!!!!

Buy and ticket and go.

hey man, maybe you're rich, but I'm balls deep in graduate school with graduate school debt. It took 2 months to save up the $150 it took to visit my chick at Ft. Lee. As much as I'd like to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to watch sports, I am not spending thousands and thousands of dollars to watch sports. NBC has a bunch of stations showing the games but it's all ice dancing all the time. I'm indifferent to seeing it live--tape delay does not really bug me--but the Olympics are about seeing events we are usually not privy to. Once every four years I get to see some cross country and biathalon, which were sports I played in High School. But since the US is bad at it, coverage gets pre-empted for figure skating warm-ups. NBC is doing a seriously horrible job with this.

NBC is still trying to figure out why they're actually losing $40M per Olympics. Perhaps because their estimation of what people want to see --- and the resulting programming choices --- SUCKS. NBC as a network is stumbling in the dark. If it weren't for Law&Order they wouldn't know what the !@#$ to do.

And... a completely vapid television reporter? Shocked, there.

Most athletes have the patience to just answer any of the questions, as they don't want to create any negative vibe for their sport, and most are just nice enough people to do so. Kramer probably didn't curry any favor, but it's time to expect more from people. Where the !@#$ did she think she was --- a tennis court? What colors was he wearing? Gee --- whatever does "Nederlands" mean in English?!?! If you're going to cover a sport, know something about that sport. This woman should turn in her press credentials.

The irony is, it's the reporter who deserves a medal for skating on the surface of life.

God are we a bunch of spoiled babies or what. If you're that in to winter sports go to the event. You (no you Heels you in the general sense) knew it was happening four years ago save up, buy a plane ticket and make a vacation of it. Vancouver is a great city and I think it would make a great vacation. I love hockey, and skiing seeing I used to race as a kid but I could really care if I see it live. In the era of the DVR I didn't think anyone watched anything live anymore.

I'm sure many people would love to be in Vancouver (heck, I lived there, I know its gorgeous....and expensive) but that's the beauty of television, it can take you places you otherwise can't get to.

Ask yourself this, would you be happy if they tape-delayed the Super Bowl? It happens every year...you could just buy a ticket...

The beauty of the Olympics is the feel of watching someone win Gold live...it's the fact that you're a part of the moment and it feels like you're experiencing this great moment with them. Maybe it's just me, but I love LIVE events, never been a fan of PVRing a sporting event. Too much technology around to ruin the moment. There's something to be said about leaping out of your couch when the OT winner is scored and knowing that your fellow fans are doing the same as you at that period of time.

I'm sure many people would love to be in Vancouver (heck, I lived there, I know its gorgeous....and expensive) but that's the beauty of television, it can take you places you otherwise can't get to.

Ask yourself this, would you be happy if they tape-delayed the Super Bowl? It happens every year...you could just buy a ticket...

The beauty of the Olympics is the feel of watching someone win Gold live...it's the fact that you're a part of the moment and it feels like you're experiencing this great moment with them. Maybe it's just me, but I love LIVE events, never been a fan of PVRing a sporting event. Too much technology around to ruin the moment. There's something to be said about leaping out of your couch when the OT winner is scored and knowing that your fellow fans are doing the same as you at that period of time.

I enjoy watching the edited show during prime-time,but would also like to have the option of seeing more events live. Maybe this isn't economically realistic from the networks point of view. I don't know. Anyway I just enjoy what I CAN watch.

Usually i hear what has happened already in most of teh coverage by NBC so it is pointless to watch IMO. Can you imagine if the Sabres Rangers game where Drury scored with 1.7 Seconds left then Max scores in OT to win, was tape delay. It would ruin it. I remember sitting in my buddies basement and the dog pile on the couch that insued after both goals!

It's living in the moment, and creating the memories that will last that are most important. IMHO

CTV.ca has everything streaming

I can live without sport actually so they could tape delay the SB all they wanted to. Sports has moved waaaaay down the ladder of life's important thing to me over the past couple of years. Do I like watching sports? Well !@#$ yeah I'm a guy but if I miss something I'd be ok with it. Unless of course it's a Bills Super Bowl win but yeah, like that's ever going to happen.