Daunte Culpepper

FluffHead

Why is everyone caught up on developing a quarterback of the future? What is the hurry? Thigpen can start now and he's 25 years old he could be the starter immediately and for the future.

If we grab McNabb we are in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years in a row, bring in a draft pick sometime during that stretch no big hurry.

If not it's hurry up and wait - tired of waiting when we don't have to

I was a huge bring in McNabb guy but Butlers retirement may have shot that to hell.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will Pass. As good as an idea as it is, he just isnt a good ball player anymore. His day has come and gone. I am not for giving up draft picks for a QB considering how many holes we have! I do understand why you would want to bring him in. I just think Culpepper isnt the QB he was when he was in Minnesota.

People said the same thing about Kurt Warner look at the sat sheets on both.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Culpepper will be the Bills' starter in 2010. Free agent, big arm, wants another chance to start, is somewhat mobile, seems like a Chan Gailey kind of guy, allows us to focus on other needs in the draft this year. I think it makes a lot of sense. What say you?

i cant believe it actually happened.

the only thing that would prevent me from being a Bills fan, someone has suggested.

im going to go vomit my gizzards now.

Flash from the newsdesk: This is the year 2010.

I hear ya. I answered this in response to the question when was his last good year. But he hasn't really played that much since. Last year he was buried behind Stafford. I wonder if he had a fair shot to beat this kid out last year, or if he got the spot becuase he was the #1 pick in the draft?

But he's only 33 years old. The same age as P Manning so he could still have quite a bit left. And since he hasn't been playing as much he has a lot less wear and tear.

Also, manbeast has pointed this out. I remember when Kurt Warner was buried behind Matt Leinert for a couple of years in Arizona. He was left for dead. Arizona was moving in a different direction. Youth was the way to go. Leinert was the future. Warner's better days are behind him, blah blah blah. Look what happened after that. Not saying Culpepper will do the same. But then again his last game about a month and a half shows he can still do it on occasion anyway.

if we cant get Mike, Donovan, Seneca or cant draft bradford then yea im all for Dante. I mean he is better than all the players we have and he is 10x better than tyler pigpen. But you have to take in that we dont have the caliber duo of recivers he needs to be great he would be avg on the bills. But at this point ill take avg...

no !@#$ing way! Anyone that goes on MNF and states they play Celine Dion to pump them up for the game- no thanks

PS - he sucks! When was the last good year he had?

I don't care either way, BUT DID HE SAY THAT????? Celine Dion?? C'mon...

Lets sign a quarterback that is worse than the three that we already have. Where were you when they were interviewing GMs. We missed out on a good one. :doh:

Culpepper is far more accomplished than Trent or Fitz will ever be. He's not great and no more than a quick stop-gap, but he's not as bad those two stiffs.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Culpepper will be the Bills' starter in 2010. Free agent, big arm, wants another chance to start, is somewhat mobile, seems like a Chan Gailey kind of guy, allows us to focus on other needs in the draft this year. I think it makes a lot of sense. What say you?

With his history of fumbling (small hands), do you think he would be a good choice for the the Buffalo winters?

I never said I was for or against it. I said it makes a lot of sense and I could see them doing this.

That being said, you honestly think this team is better with Trent, Fitz, or Brohm as the QB rather than Culpepper? With our personnel and the kind of system Gailey has run in the past, Culpepper is a much better fit.

I am with ya Mr. Crack...

I think we would be much better off in our new system with Daunte, rather than Trent/Brohm/Fitzpatrick.

*(NHL 10 is waiting...I hope you have been practicing :doh: )

I hear ya. I answered this in response to the question when was his last good year. But he hasn't really played that much since. Last year he was buried behind Stafford. I wonder if he had a fair shot to beat this kid out last year, or if he got the spot becuase he was the #1 pick in the draft?

But he's only 33 years old. The same age as P Manning so he could still have quite a bit left. And since he hasn't been playing as much he has a lot less wear and tear.

Also, manbeast has pointed this out. I remember when Kurt Warner was buried behind Matt Leinert for a couple of years in Arizona. He was left for dead. Arizona was moving in a different direction. Youth was the way to go. Leinert was the future. Warner's better days are behind him, blah blah blah. Look what happened after that. Not saying Culpepper will do the same. But then again his last game about a month and a half shows he can still do it on occasion anyway.

Ah...I missed the context of your post.

Hey, I'm fine with anyone in camp, but I've never been a fan of Culpepper and don't see him succeeding here. I don't think Warner is a valid comparison; Culpepper has never shown that kind of ability to throw the ball -- other than jump balls to Randy Moss in his absolute prime. That's not gonna work to 5' 9" Lee Evans.

2004 - 39 TDs 11 picks 110.9 QB rating 4,717 yards 69.2 %

That said, I say bring him in. He's the same age as Payton Manning. I was watching the Thanksgiving game with Detroit vs whoever. Stafford was hurt and they said Culpepper was going to start. Then at the last minute they pulled him for Stafford. They said Culpepper was livid. He wanted to play so bad and was psyched. He's got something to prove and he doesn't have too many autumns left. He's hungry and has had serious success in the past. I insert him in at #1 and open it up in training camp. I go into the season with Duante, Fitz, and rookie. The only way Trent gets into the game is if he buys a ticket.

3/4 of a career ago. No thanks to this idea.

People said the same thing about Kurt Warner look at the sat sheets on both.

Please. Kurt may have played on some bad teams and thrown a few ints, but his numbers have always been good. Outside of the Land o'Lakes Queer Dome, Daunte Coldpecker has looked only like a confused miniature T-Rex... ya know, with those short little arms, big head & big butt... lost w/ out Moss...

He's been horrible since his brilliant '04 campaign. If my math is correct, that's six seasons of crappy QB play. No thanks.

how can any person on earth besides daunte and his mom think that he will be better than Brian Brohm next year? Brohm is ONE HELL OF A QB!!!! why can't anyone else see that? Brohms game against Atlanta last year was a good game for him, considering he was on the team for how long? practising with the first team for how long? a former projected 1st overall QB, the kid's got game. we have our franchise QB right here in our laps and a bunch of you douchbags want to sign old man Daunte? come on? wtf is wrong with you guys! Brohm also looks a hell of a lot better than Bradford did in his highlights. I dont' know how so many people can have such varied opinions.