NFL's Most Dysfunctional Team

billsfreak

Gawd I am so sick and !@#$ing tired of reading this line all the time. Just think a little, if it was such a big MISTAKE, then why didn't Jummuh ever hire him back in ANY capacity? He certainly had his chances. As I have said in other threads, I am neither for or against the Gailey hire. But for the love of God, can we please stop the Cowboys "mistake" nonsense everyone?

Did the man say it? yes. When did he say it? Something like last October before there was any mention of the guy being a HC again. So why out of the Blue did JJ say it if he didn't mean it?

Just because YOU dont' like the hiring and YOU don't like Gailey as a HC doesn't make JJ wrong for firing Gailey.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to work w/ Dan Meyer when I lived in Buffalo, and not only is he a solid writer and stand up guy, but he knows his sports, especially baseball and football. Don't question his integrity or call him a hack, because you sound like a fool.

With all due respect, that is just your opinion to us who do not know him.

Nobody that has watched the Bills over the past decade can disagree with anything that this guy has to say. Sometimes the truth hurts-Ralphie!

http://www.thesunnews.net/editorial.php3?idkey=7146

This guy chooses to ignore the good and accentuate the bad. Apart from Janikowski, the Raiders are far and away the standard for dysfunctional. The Bills have made some poor decisions, probably more than their fair share. But the Bills aren't even in the same solar system as the Raiders when it come to dysfunctional.

I used to work w/ Dan Meyer when I lived in Buffalo, and not only is he a solid writer and stand up guy, but he knows his sports, especially baseball and football. Don't question his integrity or call him a hack, because you sound like a fool.

You're correct we don't know this guy but I notice he is writing for the Hamburg Sun.

Not for the NY Times, Washington Post or any of the top 50 newspapers in the US.

The fact that we don't know him should make him think twice before before putting out an article that identifies himself as a dysfunctional fan. A bad article does not bring into question his moral fiber or integrity.

This article was silly....get over it.

This guy chooses to ignore the good and accentuate the bad. Apart from Janikowski, the Raiders are far and away the standard for dysfunctional. The Bills have made some poor decisions, probably more than their fair share. But the Bills aren't even in the same solar system as the Raiders when it come to dysfunctional.

Yes - they are nuts, but...

5-11, 1 loss than BUF last season. Beat CIN, PGH, PHI, DEN once, KC. Lost 2 to SD by a total of 12 points.

They have a decent defense IMO.

We are still among the cheapest in the league. If you want a better product Ralph is going to need to afford it like any business he has the right to make money. Do you really expect a business to take a loss in order to improve a product.

I actually like the moves we have been making. We still are not the raiders.

USA Today NFL Payroll Database

12th in total payroll last season

First, I did not question his integrity, just indvating my lack of interest in his opinion. I am sure he is nice, stand up guy. Sorry for assuming someone with the major credentials of writing for community newspapers should not be taken seriously. Just another fan offering his opinions without substance.

1. Your link is broken.
  2. If the Bills are so bad, find a new team.
  3. I pity you.

If you can't find the article go to the front page of TBD. For your information, you can be a big fan of a team and still face reality. I am not sure how old you are, but I was probably routing for the Bills before you were born (unless your middle aged like myself), so why don't you go find a new team, instead of telling someone else to? This board is for opinions, and in my opinion and anyone who removes them from the diehard fandome for a minute and look at the past decade without bias, you will know that article is the truth from start to finish. If you can't read something negative about a franchise that has been nothing but negative for over 10 years and not take it personally, maybe you should go to Disney.com and play some kids games or something.

Ask Raiders fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Bears fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Chiefs fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Ask Rams fans and they'll say they are the most dysfunctional.

Etc, etc, etc. Losing = dysfunctional. I love how the Bengals, in one year, went from completely dysfunctional to brilliant.

Only one problem, of the 4 teams you list, 3 of them made it to the Superbowl in the last 10 years, we didn't make the playoffs and only had one (barely) winning season.

When you think about it, the Bills and Raiders have more than a couple things in common:

1. They both have Hall of Fame owners who are only a shell of what they used to be in the old AFL days, and both should have sold their teams years ago.

2. Both draft towards the top every year and have nothing but busts to show for it for the most part.

3. The best two players on both teams just might be the punters and kickers.

4. The two franchises are the biggest jokes in the NFL.

5. And for some reason, they have two of the most die hard, loyal fanbases in the NFL-we must love abuse.

And in 2008, I believe we had the 4th highest payroll in the NFL.

As has been stated many, many, many times before...it's not that Ralph is cheap. He spends money, the numbers prove it.

He just doesn't spend it wisely.

He doesn't spend on quality front office and coaching minds, who overwhelmingly rejected the notion of working for him this year. The one time he did get a name guy, it was a poor choice.

It makes little sense to spend so much on players, but neglect those who are supervising them. The fact that RW did not question the organization interviewing 2 (EDIT: in-house) candidates for the GM job is an indictment of the entire franchise.

Ralph is does not want powerful personalities who will want more control than he's willing to yield in football operations. So he places Mr. Smithers there and, voila, everything is wonderful again.

Who is this guy? Does he regually cover the Bills? Home and away? Had some great advise, do buy tickets, watch them on TV, well first off half the games will be blacked out. But only for a couple years as once they move to another city, then all the games could be covered on TV. Even Sully with all his being negative, I don't recall him encouraging people to not follow the team.

The Bills have made some good solid moves, they just didn't work out, like Hiring TD. At the time, everyone thought it was great move by RW.

Well, if we're not the most dysfunctional team in the NFL, we're definitely in the team photo. From watching Polian leave to horrific personnel decisions, we have been awful over the last 10 years. And shallow logic dictates that we should not pay to support such awful decisions.

But, as Bills fans, from August to January, it's what we do. Bills fans should be commended for their support in the face of such incompetence. And if we withhold our support, the team is gone and we know it. So these guys might be idiots and aholes, but their OUR idiots and aholes. Go Bills.

You know I really don't get this Mr Smithers stuff. What has RB done to earn that title. The guy is sharp, without even knowing you I'm certain much sharper than you, I and mostly every poster here combined. Is he qualified ot evaluate NFL talent? No, but did he, or did he leave that to TM, DJ, and JG. I think he did great as a GM in everything he was asked ot do, which I'm assuming was little with evaluating talent.

Ralph is does not want powerful personalities who will want more control than he's willing to yield in football operations. So he places Mr. Smithers there and, voila, everything is wonderful again.

Bull ****. The writer is a flat out idiot and anyone who buys his bull **** is an idiot as well. Nix is a damn good fit for this or any other team. I wish we had a time machine and could go back and insert him in as GM the minute Butler left and AJ Smith with him.

As for as Gailey is concerned, Jummuh Jones has said it was a MISTAKE to let him go. When have you EVER heard him admit he made a mistake? Both bring a very solid background, respect from their peers around the league, and fire and passion to make the BUFFALO BILLS a great team again. Both WANT TO BE HERE!!!!!!!

As for as the assistant coaches, I have heard nothing but positives from anyone that has ever been coached by them or been around them. As for as being cheap with these hires, Ralph offered up the bank to both Shanahan and Cowher and both said no. So what is Ralph to do, pay Gailey 10 mill per year to satisfy some pussys that are going to whine and B word at every move he makes?

Look I have been in Ralph's ass as much as anyone, but these are damn good hires. 'But but but he didn't interview outside the org for a GM'. WTF would he? The RIGHT GUY is sitting right there in the Building. This one time promoting from within was the RIGHT Move.

As for as ticket prices, folks get used to it. If you want the BUFFALO Bills to stay the BUFFALO Bills it is going to cost fans a lot more than it does now. Either deal with it or line up and waive good bye as the truck move away. It is what it is, that is business in the NFL these days.

Lastly, if you support the views of the writer of this piece of **** article, I suggest you go find a new team. Ralph is damned if it does, damed if he doesn't and apperantly nothing is going to satisfy some of you fans. Either get on board and give these guys a legitimate shot, or move on and save yourself a lot of stress.

Well done my friend, well done!! F everyone else, I love the moves this team has made. Everyone needs to standby for whats getting ready to happen...Another round of cuts, a killer FA period and another monster draft. The days of the Pats being the best on the block are coming to an end. You can bank on it.