SD and Marshawn

This is a tough one. Would I trade Marshawn to move up 13 spots? At first thought, no. But, if that was the difference in us getting Cody or not, then yes. That would have to be a draft day trade for me.

I would abolutely trade our 4th and Lynch for their 2nd. Any idea what the points on that would be? If we did that, Having 4, top 3 picks could address our DT, OT, QB, and LB issues right there.

Marshawns value is very low right now. Trading him now would be like selling your stocks at their lowest point. We all know that Lynch is capable of putting up better numbers than he did this past year. Lynch was a solid running back in 07 and 08. Let his stock rise this year and then entertain trade offers. It would be different if we knew that Lynch would never be a successful back, then we could jsut cut our losses. However, lynch's stock will rise.

Marshawns value is very low right now. Trading him now would be like selling your stocks at their lowest point. We all know that Lynch is capable of putting up better numbers than he did this past year. Lynch was a solid running back in 07 and 08. Let his stock rise this year and then entertain trade offers. It would be different if we knew that Lynch would never be a successful back, then we could jsut cut our losses. However, lynch's stock will rise.

Right. You can't make progress selling at the bottom. I'd like to see what the new staff can do with the offense, and Lynch, before making a move to trade a player that has been productive, last year being the exception. Good teams don't move players unless they've already got a replacement groomed and on the roster. Moving a player and creating a new 'need' is just running in place.

If somebody makes an offer you can't refuse then that bears consideration. But a possible 4th rounder? Pass...

im just sick of marshawn. i realy dont' like him, and i dont' think he's a good running back. this past season he was trying to dance too much when we all know his strong suit is to lower his shoulder and hammer guys. The guy is a thug, and has been giving too many chances. Id trade him to SD for their 4th and 5th this year, and their 4th and 7th next year or something like that. I like Kingfish's choice of Justin Griffin. Cut Corey Mac and plug Griffin in there, sign a 2nd tier RB (Adrian Peterson of the bears?) and draft Toby Gerhart. That guy realy realy impresses me. He could be the "thunder" to slash n' dashes jacksons "lightning"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

With LaDainian Tomlinson's career in San Diego declared all but over and Darren Sproles facing free agency, the Chargers are exploring possible trade scenarios that include dealing cornerback Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back, according to league sources.

send mckelvin somewhere for a nice lb...its a thought

WeLL I do think it is good to be optimistic...I just don't feel that way about M. Lynch. I think it is going to take some attitude adjustment on his part. He has a tendancy to turnoff some of his teamates with his attitude. I think that we should

get rid of him before he commits a felony and goes to the slammer long term. Then we won't get anything for him at all!

The Running games production decreased as soon as he got off of his suspension last season and was in the mix of RB's.

I'll take a F. Jackson who quietly does a superb job without acting like a juvenille punk like Lynch. I didn't see the explosion often in Lynch's runninng last season that I saw the first couple of years. I see it like this: The average shelf life for a RB is 4-5 years tops! M. Lynch plays a bruising game and gets caught from behind the few times he breaks a run. F. Jackson is elusive and breaks long runs. F. Jackson also doesn't take the constant pounding that M. Lynch takes because of

the different styles they have. I think M. Lynch's tread life is down to two years, three at best and he may have already peaked! I think he is part of the rotten apple that needs to be perched before the whole appple is bruised and useless.

Purge, Delete, Trade, Release M. Lynch as he's rotten to the core and not good for more than 2 1/2 yards per crack...!!!

He can't pound it into the endzone neither which should be his game considering his style! :rolleyes:

I'll admit I'm pretty down on Marshawn Lynch. Even scarier is the fact that he's one slip up away from a year long suspension, which would render him completely useless.

With that said, I'm willing to give Lynch a chance to get his career back on track. With a new coaching staff and a new conditioning program I'm hoping he will be motivated and in shape. Under Camp Dick it looked to me that Lynch got away with being an out of shape football player. Under the new regime I'm hoping he sheds a good 10-15 lbs., as he was clearly poorly conditioned and overweight last season, and comes in hungry. Lynch also is 2 seasons away from a contract year, and funny things happen to a players drive and motivation when he realizes a good year could result in many, many millions of dollars.

If Lynch can get back on track our running game could go from above average to a real strength. I also like the idea of having 2 solid backs come the second half of the season, as the two of them will both be fresher. If Lynch craps out again.......well then he's toast and you're looking at the Bills having to spend another high pick on a tailback.

Here's to hoping the Bills get a productive 2 seasons out of Lynch before his contract is up.

Lynch is a good RB and good RBs are worth nada only great RBs are worth anything- I liked the guy in college but the ability to make things happen in the passing game don't appear to be there at the pro level- That being said, what I'd like the Bills to do is to trade down from the 9 spot to the late teens and then use acquired picks to get back into the bottom of the first round, the players I'd target are Iupati G/RTand Charles Brown LT

This trade moves us to 28 from 41 overall.

According to YE OLE Trade Value Chart:

The 28th overall pick is worth 660 points.

The 41st overall pick is worth 490 points.

This gives us a spread of 170 points... we'll call this "the juice" or THE MARSHAWN FACTOR.

170 points is equivalent to the 84th overall pick in the draft, which is a mid-late 3rd rd. pick.

So you're trading Marshawn for a mid to late 3rd rd. pick... fair value? Debate and discuss...

Or you could look at for what it actually is, a trade up to a better first round pick. Also would have to assess who we would lose giving up a second rounder. There is no comparison to a third round pick.

NO!!!!!

Their first is almost like our second. We gave them Marshawn for nothing.

I would only trade Marshawn for their 1st. If they don't want to do it, then they can go fly a kite. We don't need to get rid of Marshawn that badly. We have an option, which is to keep Marshawn here!

marshawn is a thug im done with him. if we got a 2nd round pick for him we would be lucky. i know he was a 1st rounder but he has major character issues.