An Alternative to a New Stadium for Buffalo

Got_Wood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funding: Dallas is raising $325 million in public funding through a 3 percent hotel occupancy tax and a 6 percent rental car tax, and received an additional $150 million from the NFL.

But Dallas is someplace that a lot of people want/need to go to. Buffalo doesn't have that kind revenue coming in in the first place.

Go the route of the Packers when they upgraded Lambeau Field. Take the existing stadium, and make it a place where people visit in the offseason. Make it a theme park / museum of sorts. A statue of Curly Lambeau and Vince Lombardi stand outside the stadium like ghosts as visitors frequent the stadium year round. The stadium tours, Packers team gear stores, restaurants, and bars in the new Field House attached to the stadium make it a place you can bring your family for a day of fun. This would increase the revenue the stadium brings in by a big number.

Quote from Lambeau Field website (http://www.lambeaufield.com/stadium_info/history/):

If you want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, this may be one of the only options. And a much cheaper option than building a whole new stadium. This is what a "Lambeau Stadium Redo" might look like in Buffalo:

http://i48.tinypic.com/w6wrjr.jpg

or

http://i45.tinypic.com/10qko4m.jpg (Alternative with more 300 level seating)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just blow-up that piece of crap already and build a new city downtown. I dont care where the money comes from, and since none of you are financing it either, you should not care!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just blow-up that piece of crap already and build a new city downtown. I dont care where the money comes from, and since none of you are financing it either, you should not care!

ummm.... all the money put in would wind up being tax money... so we all would be paying for it

so we ARE financing it... and 300 mil is a lot smaller than 900 mil...

our team is only worth 900 mil, so why not just sell the team and then build the stadium using that money?

Naaaaaah, just build a new stadium downtown. besides, arent we financing the new Giants/Jets stadium?.....Im pretty sure some of our tax dollars go to that.

I highly doubt that NY is financing anything in NJ... no matter what the teams are called...

I thought I heard somewhere that was the case....I could very well be wrong...more of a question than a statement.

Either way, Im all for paying taxes for a new stadium...I pay a ton in taxes now, and the roads in my town are like driving through Bahgdad. Its the only thing I really care about and my taxes dont do anything for it.

I thought I heard somewhere that was the case....I could very well be wrong...more of a question than a statement.

Either way, Im all for paying taxes for a new stadium...I pay a ton in taxes now, and the roads in my town are like driving through Bahgdad. Its the only thing I really care about and my taxes dont do anything for it.

join EvansTaxpayersUnited